Author Topic: Reward Ticket Baggage policy for tickets booked for family by premier gold  (Read 980 times)

Offline john

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K
I am United Premier Gold and *A Gold. I have allowance for 3 bags without fee. I have booked a reward ticket for my mother using United miles. travelling on Lufthansa and connecting on United arriving to USA as final destination.

My mother doesnt have any status. However on United booking it shows my United number as miles has come out of my account. will she be allowed 3 bags, when she checks in with Lufthansa as her first leg of journey or it will be standard 1 bag allowance? if she will be allowed 3, does she have to acrry proof of my status at airport?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
YMMV.
On UA metal she would get 3, on partners it's YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline goodenglewood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum, *W Platinum, AA Gold, Hertz Platinum, National Executive
Anyone can try to show Lufthansa the printout of the itinerary showing the *G status, but they're only officially required to honor it if the passenger has the actual status card with his/her name on it. On United operated flights, they're not stringent on this and its in the system, so it automatically will come up as eligible for the *G benefits

Offline plainbachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I have access to a ua gold acct (not mine) if I book a ticket on it with$ on a us airways flight will I get 3 bags free

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
I have access to a ua gold acct (not mine) if I book a ticket on it with$ on a us airways flight will I get 3 bags free

Of course not. How do you plan on booking a cash ticket "on his account", anyway?