Topic Wiki

Pictures
Duplex Marina Suite -Sammy n
« Last edited by davidmal on May 04, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »

Author Topic: Ritz-Carlton Herzliya (AKA Ritzaliya) Master Thread  (Read 222247 times)

Offline jmz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ritz-Carlton Herzliya (AKA Ritzaliya) Master Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 26, 2019, 09:07:08 AM »
I would like to use someone else’s certificate for tonight any recent DP if there will be an issue or not?
Checked in today on points and they asked a few times whose account it was. I asked why and she replied that it needs to be gifted correctly if it's for someone else. But it seemed like if it was a gift then she would be able to take care of it.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 26, 2019, 09:20:27 AM »
Checked in today on points and they asked a few times whose account it was. I asked why and she replied that it needs to be gifted correctly if it's for someone else. But it seemed like if it was a gift then she would be able to take care of it.

Come say hi!

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 26, 2019, 12:40:37 PM »
@dan

Ritz carlton herzilya base room superior room is available for cash booking on Oct 15-17th, however it is not available to book with points.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #723 on: August 26, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »
Marriott has blackout dates
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 26, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
Marriott has blackout dates
Bummer

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 28, 2019, 11:06:18 PM »
What's the status to to book a room with someone else's account? is there any issues?

Offline lost_my_dolphin

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »
I did it in Feb with no issues.

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2019, 11:34:43 PM »
from reading the past few pages, I see some changes were mentioned in the past few months.

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 29, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »
What's the status to to book a room with someone else's account? is there any issues?
be careful and remember that it’s risky

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 29, 2019, 06:07:32 AM »
If I book for my wife, will I have a problem?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 29, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
In general I find Marriott becoming tougher, but call hotel dorect to add.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 31, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
IME No problem whatsoever at Herzeliya.

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 31, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »
Just came back from there.  My dad booked for me using his account (added my name also to the reservation) and they didn't give me any problem at all and I was totally honest my dad gave me the nights and that he wasn't coming.  I don't know if it's because his last name is on my ID (my Maiden name is now my middle name) but they really didn't seem to care at all that it was booked under his account.  Someone just needs to add the 2nd person's name somewhere in the reservation so they don't get in trouble letting someone check in who isn't named at all on the reservation (but every hotel has that rule).

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »
How was the hotel in general?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 01, 2019, 05:08:56 PM »
How was the hotel in general?

I thought it was very nice.  It's kind of in the middle of nowhere so I'd say you really need a car there which I don't think you need at the Hilton or Sheraton in Tel Aviv.  The service was solid and I loved the Shabbat dinner in the  beautiful Sukkah (we were there Chol HaMoed).  The food was excellent.  Same quality as the WAJ but way more food that my family actually liked (we were at the WAJ the Shabbat before so had a direct comparison). We preferred that it was buffet and just had so many choices.  Every single dish I tasted was excellent and the desserts were some of the best of my life.  Even the pool bar food was just excellent, way better than normal snack shop stuff like other hotels (my DH and I agreed that the Chicken Caesar there is one of the best we've ever had).  I didn't go to breakfast because it wasn't included and even with my gold discount it was around 110NIS so we just got some light breakfast dairy stuff at the supermarket below. The shul was nice and my husband enjoyed it.

The pool was teeny for a hotel that size.  The one thing that I really liked, that didn't really have to do with the hotel per se is that the beach was not crowded at all the whole time we were there, it seemed very family oriented (unlike the crazy beaches in TA) and honestly a lot of the people there were frum families from the Ritz.  It was obviously a frumer crowd at the hotel and beach because it was Sukkot but even the secular Israelis there were all families with kids.  I just felt way more comfortable playing with my kids and building sand castles than in Tel Aviv.  Also, since we did have a car, it was really easy and close to the freeway and to get out for tiyulim, which would have been a huge headache at the beach hotels in Tel Aviv.

At check-in, when I requested the roll-away, they said we were going to have to pay something crazy (I can't remember the exact amount) like maybe $80  PER NIGHT, which was going to be a huge amount (I had the room for 8 nights even though we left it empty for Simchat Torah) to get a rollaway for my 7 yr old.  They told me about it and I even initialed the fee when they gave me the roll-away in one room but for whatever reason it wasn't on my bill at check-out.  If it was on there I was planning to fight it anyway for some service slips they had (turning on a very annoying light on Shabbos, not fixing it when I walked down, etc.) and the fact that we weren't even there some nights, but I didn't need to.  If they had charged me that, along with no breakfast, I would have probably said I would never stay there again but they didn't so I left happy. That fee is something I feel people didn't discuss here and I know other friends have been charged it so I wanted to make sure to bring it up.

If you don't eat at either of those hotels and paying the extra $80 a night for a 3rd person in the room isn't an issue for you, it might be better to be at the Ritz where you have Cafe Cafe Mehadrin dairy and Mehadrin Lechem Basar so close (we went multiple times to and liked both).  They both also had huge Sukkahs which was nice.

We enjoyed it but that's also because I used holdover week certificate and got outsize value out of during Sukkot.  I think it would be a nice weekend getaway if you live in Israel. It can be one of your best possible values for a 50k free night cert and is probably worth 200k Marriott for 5 nights certain times of year.  I'd stay there if the WAJ or Hilton TA were blocked (like Pesach time) but it would be my third choice (others can feel free to disagree).  :)  I love the Hilton breakfast, lounge access for basically free food and drink all day and night, all the restaurants in the hotel and close by and the huge pool at the Hilton.  The rooms are about the same except I usually get a better upgrade at the Hilton and the Hilton allows 3ppl per room as the normal number allowed. 

I hope this helps and gives some useful info that others may not have covered!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #735 on: November 01, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »
Shame you skipped the breakfast. It's fantastic and it's free for kids. Plus unlike in a restaurant, no VAT.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 02, 2019, 09:31:21 PM »
Shame you skipped the breakfast. It's fantastic and it's free for kids. Plus unlike in a restaurant, no VAT.
What's hechsher?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #737 on: November 03, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 03, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »
Mashgiach can tell you the source of every item.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 03, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »

Trust me I made up for it, the six mornings at the WAJ!  :P

Another food note I forgot, one of the highlights of my trip was going to Minato, a super cool and authentic Japanese restaurant (I used to live in Japan and it’s as close as a kosher person is going to get) close by in Herzliya (they even have tatami mats to sit on the floor)!  Even for those of you that won’t eat veggies or fish at a rabbanut place, it’s famous as an Izakaya, literally translates as a Sake bar. Although I’m not a drinker, I know a lot of you guys are and the place is just really cool, even if you just went to the bar for an evening drink.

https://www.eluna.com/rest/MinatoH.asp?mumu=814&name=Minato