Author Topic: Chase Credit Limit Hold  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Chase Credit Limit Hold
« on: August 14, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
I recently made a $3,XXX payment to Chase and noticed that my CL did not go back up. I called them up and they said they needed to verify the funds (it had already been debited from my bank) and it was going to take another week. They said they can call my bank and have them verify the payment over the phone (which they did) and then release the CL hold on my account. Chase said they do this randomly with no real triggers for it. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Chase Credit Limit Hold
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:40:24 AM »
I recently made a $3,XXX payment to Chase and noticed that my CL did not go back up. I called them up and they said they needed to verify the funds (it had already been debited from my bank) and it was going to take another week. They said they can call my bank and have them verify the payment over the phone (which they did) and then release the CL hold on my account. Chase said they do this randomly with no real triggers for it. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Yes it happened last month to me on a $200 payment it showed payed but the CL didn't go back up. They told me they need a week to verify the funds. I said its a chase card and I have a chase account, so they checked and cleared.

Offline smaxber

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Happened to me. They pushed payment through because it was chase checking account. Hold was due to the fact I've been paying off my card multiple times in a statement

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
It was definitely interesting/weird to have Citibank on the phone with Chase and both of them going on how it is great to have you as a customer...
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
It was definitely interesting/weird to have Citibank on the phone with Chase and both of them going on how it is great to have you as a customer...

lol.

Did you use your own account to pay the bill? It happened to me when someone else paid my bill.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
lol.

Did you use your own account to pay the bill? It happened to me when someone else paid my bill.
Everything was in my name and the bank account was not a joint account either.
Quaerite et Invenietis.