Author Topic: Know this about changing a Shouthwest Rapid Rewards reservation  (Read 1052 times)

Offline scrollup

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I'd just like to inform everyone that when booking a rewards ticket with southwest for a few passengers, that each passenger is a separate reservation. I learned this the hard way when trying to change my return date, that it only affected the first passenger. At first I thought it all went through, and that I must have had enough RR to cover the points difference of the new flights.

However I got suspicious when I received an email containing only the first passenger's new flight. I checked the other's confirmation numbers (I was confused why indeed they each had their own confirmation number) and did not see the new flight change.

I immediately called them up and explained the problem and thank G-D they were kind enough to reverse the first passengers flight to the original date with the original amount of points (it wasn't crucial to change the date, but they said I only needed 3k more points to change everyone's reservation which I could have just paid for those points if I really needed to change the date). They could have changed me the difference of how many points it costed now for the original flight...

Do most airlines consider all passengers on the same reservation even when using points? Is Southwest the exception or the norm?

Have a kosher and happy Pesach everyone!