Author Topic: Parking lot scam, beware  (Read 38237 times)

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »

I still think the sign could have been in readable letters if they really did not want people to park there.

Isn't that how most private lots are set up?
so maybe signs have to be bigger, I will check it out next time I'm in brklyn. But to say it's a scam , when it's obvious that its a private lot for a diff strip mall is ludicrous .

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:19 AM »
Another view.gown store is marked as David's bridal Private lot is marked as zellers tuxedo. I'll let you guys judge.
none of these pictures show the lot,  do you work for them? It seems you get a cut:)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 11:20:20 AM »
Another view.gown store is marked as David's bridal Private lot is marked as zellers tuxedo. I'll let you guys judge.

I must be missing something. Why on earth would you think the lot has anything to do with the store?
Also why does the fact that many ppl were parking in a lot clearly not designated for the store, make the owner's attempt to stop the practice a scam?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
so maybe signs have to be bigger, I will check it out next time I'm in brklyn. But to say it's a scam , when it's obvious that its a private lot for a diff strip mall is ludicrous .
The worker in 711 told me its wrong what goes on.
Please go there and report back what you see... You'll be shocked

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »

I must be missing something. Why on earth would you think the lot has anything to do with the store?
Also why does the fact that many ppl were parking in a lot clearly not designated for the store, make the owner's attempt to stop the practice a scam?
what store are u refering to in 1st statement.
Aryeh1 - unless ur rly dumb , when u are there it's obvious that  it's a total separate strip mall where u parked, across the avenue from David's bridal.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »
what store are u refering to in 1st statement.
Aryeh1 - unless ur rly dumb , when u are there it's obvious that  it's a total separate strip mall where u parked, across the avenue from David's bridal.
Yes I'm really dumb and so is the 40 people that day that got towed

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
kg, I would bet the lot is separately owned. It's actually very believable that someone would buy the lot (not the store or mall) just to set up this printing press of a scam. The general concept of watching whether people are parking in the lot and going to shop elsewhere, then towing them, is not a problem at all. The issue is the way they go about doing it. That's where they are violating consumer protection laws. Did you read any of the links in this thread?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »
Here is another pic of lot that Aryeh parked in, clearly a separate lot, not a public lot. Across a vry busy ave from the gown store/target.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »

kg, I would bet the lot is separately owned. It's actually very believable that someone would buy the lot (not the store or mall) just to set up this printing press of a scam. The general concept of watching whether people are parking in the lot and going to shop elsewhere, then towing them, is not a problem at all. The issue is the way they go about doing it. That's where they are violating consumer protection laws. Did you read any of the links in this thread?
look at pic I just posted , you will see it not a "lot", its a seperate strip mall.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »

Yes I'm really dumb and so is the 40 people that day that got towed
40 ppl who didnt want to pay for parking at parking garage, so parked across the street at a private strip mall

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
I don't think the owner is trying to stop the practice,  he is clearly trying to make a quick buck.  That doesn't mean people are right for parking there. Only in Brooklyn would people think they have a right to park anywhere
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »
+1 you hit the nail on the head.  He could instead just tell people your getting towed, if you leave but watches you leave.  I was there for almost an hour in shock watching all this.  The tow truck doesn't tow to the hound,  he waits with the car outside as he needs to make his round asap.

There are 3 people there working together doing this, they need to be making money

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

I don't think the owner is trying to stop the practice,  he is clearly trying to make a quick buck.  That doesn't mean people are right for parking there. Only in Brooklyn would people think they have a right to park anywhere
so what do u suggest the owner do? He can't threaten to tow bec it's a "scam"

Offline dd321

• View Profile
Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »
+1 you hit the nail on the head.  He could just tell people your getting towed, if you leave but watches you leave.  I was there for almost an hour in shock watching all this.  The tow truck doesn't tow to the hound,  he waits with the car outside as he needs to make his round asap.
or you could just admit that u tried to get away with stealing, but instead call e/o else a thief. U honestly thought the 7-11 lot was meant for David's bridal? When David's bridal clearly has a parking garage, but u didn't want to pay.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

so what do u suggest the owner do? He can't threaten to tow bec it's a "scam". We established there are signs all over the lot.

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
or you could just admit that u tried to get away with stealing, but instead call e/o else a thief. U honestly thought the 7-11 lot was meant for David's bridal?
No your missing the point,  he technically has a sign with fine print saying if u leave the lot  he could tow but he used this to his advantage to rank up millions a year.

I went to 711, 1st, ran across to get my mother while this guy tells me my car is getting towed,  i should quickly run he thinks hes leaving...

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:43 AM »

none of these pictures show the lot,  do you work for them? It seems you get a cut:)
no I happen to shop in the area alot so I knw that there's a parking garage, And a seperate mall across the street

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

No your missing the point,  he technically has a sign with fine print so he could tow but he used this to his advantage to rank up millions a year.
any1 else see what I'm seeing?

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »

No your missing the point,  he technically has a sign with fine print saying if u leave the lot  he could tow but he used this to his advantage to rank up millions a year.

I went to 711, 1st, ran across to get my mother while this guy tells me my car is getting towed,  i should quickly run he thinks hes leaving...
these lots are meant for when u are shopping there, not to buy a slurpee then go to target etc

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
any1 else see what I'm seeing?
Listen your really trying hard to make this guy sound better,  be his lawyer when he ends up in court.  I guarantee this practice won't last..