Author Topic: Parking lot scam, beware  (Read 38250 times)

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »
Also side note they wanted license is that legal?

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
Kugel fresser :
Also reason why i made this thread is to help and warn people about it,  as i really feel bad for everyone getting towed.

So if u feel its ovbious and doesn't apply to you then this is not for you
u obviously feel u were totally innocent here, in that case I see I'm getting nowhere .

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »

The towing itself is not necessarily illegal (although in one of the links the person was shopping only at the intended establishments and still got towed), but just about everything that follows can be. Besides, even if it's not technically illegal, if the City decides it's a predatory practice I'm sure they have ways of dealing with it (and have already done so with major fines in some cases).
but Aryeh admitted he left the area to go to a diff shopping center

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
but Aryeh admitted he left the area to go to a diff shopping center
No stop puting words into my mouth, I went across the street not even in the store as men aren't allowed to come in. I just went to get my mother as she didn't answer her phone.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2013, 12:24:52 PM »
No stop puting words into my mouth, I went across the street not even in the store as men aren't allowed to come in. I just went to get my mother as she didn't answer her phone.
so did you or did you not leave the strip mall? Sound like it wasnt intentional, which sucks, feel 4u. I now understand y u are upset, I would also be. Maybe next time tell the guy what happened...

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2013, 12:27:53 PM »
so did you or did you not leave the strip mall? Sound like it wasnt intentional, which sucks, feel 4u. I now understand y u are upset, I would also be. Maybe next time tell the guy what happened...
I did he said he's sorry but just doing his job...
Think about it which lot could afford having 3 people doing this ? They must be making a lot of $ to keep 3 people employed

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »

I did he said he's sorry but just doing his job...
Think about it which lot could afford having 3 people doing this ? They must be making a lot of $ to keep 3 people employed
maybe it's the towing company, I agree the tactics are scandalous.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
Kugil fresser,  I'm sorry to say,  but you're being totally obnoxious. 
This is not a simple situation where one parked illegally knowingly. 

It's a pprivate parking lot looking to exploit a right that they do have -  in a very disgusting way. 
There's no reason that should be tolerated.

If they weren't In it for the money -  and it's just all about keeping their lot their customers -  they would put up a massive sign warning everyone about the towing practice.

This is obviously a seriously corrupt business scheme going on,  and there no reason anybody should become a  victim to this,  and not speak up. 

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »

It's a pprivate parking lot looking to exploit a right that they do have -  in a very disgusting way. 

If they weren't In it for the money -  and it's just all about keeping their lot their customers -  they would put up a massive sign warning everyone about the towing practice.

This is obviously a seriously corrupt business scheme going on,  and there no reason anybody should become a  victim to this,  and not speak up.

+1
Visibly Jewish

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »

so you've been to the area? Seen the sign ? Ok
Sry if I came across obnoxious , but it irked me that some1 does something wrong, but doesn't want to admit , instead points fingers at e/o else. Peace to all.

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2013, 01:37:15 PM »
@ Kugel, you seem kind of hard core here.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »

@ Kugel, you seem kind of hard core here.
bec e/o jumps to say e/t is a scam here

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
Bottom Line, I think we are all agreeing on.

Is he wrong for parking there? YES.
Are they legally allowed to tow? YES.

Is this a Scheme that must be stopped? YES.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2013, 03:52:35 PM »

That's it!

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »

well said! Brisk lamdan! ;)

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
;)

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »
Yes theyre using the law to make $,  trust me the people involved looked like they're on drugs,  he had red eyes and was wearing gold chains. 

Its not like the parking lot is near full and he needs to stand there watching,  most spots were empty anyways ,  he didn't need the spots.

I want to make another point proving that he's in it for the scam.  He only owns the lot and has nothing to do with the stores. I spoke to manager at 711 and he said they have nothing to do with lot. So really the stores should be the ones to CARE as if there's no parking then they will have less business.

Offline dd321

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

Yes theyre using the law to make $,  trust me the people involved looked like they're on drugs,  he had red eyes and was wearing gold chains. 

Its not like the parking lot is near full and he needs to stand there watching,  most spots were empty anyways ,  he didn't need the spots.

I want to make another point proving that he's in it for the scam.  He only owns the lot and has nothing to do with the stores. I spoke to manager at 711 and he said they have nothing to do with lot. So really the stores should be the ones to CARE as if there's no parking then they will have less business.
plz stop justifying that you parked there.
Brisker summed up the issues here.
I think this topic should be put to rest.

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »

+1,000,000,000

I'm sorry kugelfresser... You know I generally have a healthy respect for you, but in this case, you - pardon my French - sound like an obnoxious idiot.

I was at that lot two weeks ago, shopping at the 7-Eleven. I didn't even see any sign, that's how small it apparently is. And no, it never occurred to me that it's a strictly supervised private lot. In fact, it thoroughly creeps me out to know that someone was watching me the entire time I was there, eyeing me as I tried the Slurpee machine (all the good flavors weren't frozen) and taking note of how I scanned the gift card rack for Amazon and OneVanilla cards.

I don't like this one bit. These people are clearly taking advantage of some legal technicalities coupled with human fallibility (i.e. a person's tendency to think "hey, I'm just running across the street for a minute") to rake in lots of ill-gotten gains. And for that they deserve (at minimum) to be castrated with a barbecue fork. A dull one.

As for your point that people are parking there "illegally"... Puh-leez. The punishment doesn't even come close to fitting the crime. $136 for parking for a few minutes?! Even the city doesn't charge so much for many parking violations. Would you like it if I had you towed for blocking my driveway, and then charged you $500 for it? How about if I live in one of those states where you can legally shoot someone for being on your front porch without permission - would you think it's totally normal for me to blow you away with my Remington 12-gauge shotgun just for coming to put a flyer in my mailbox?

Just because I can legally do those things, that doesn't make them right. I'd still be a reprehensible human being for doing so. And that is exactly what I think of these miserable turds.

/rant

#my2cents

Offline dd321

• View Profile
Parking lot scam, beware
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »
+1,000,000,000

I'm sorry kugelfresser... You know I generally have a healthy respect for you, but in this case, you - pardon my French - sound like an obnoxious idiot.

I was at that lot two weeks ago, shopping at the 7-Eleven. I didn't even see any sign, that's how small it apparently is. And no, it never occurred to me that it's a strictly supervised private lot. In fact, it thoroughly creeps me out to know that someone was watching me the entire time I was there, eyeing me as I tried the Slurpee machine (all the good flavors weren't frozen) and taking note of how I scanned the gift card rack for Amazon and OneVanilla cards.

I don't like this one bit. These people are clearly taking advantage of some legal technicalities coupled with human fallibility (i.e. a person's tendency to think "hey, I'm just running across the street for a minute") to rake in lots of ill-gotten gains. And for that they deserve (at minimum) to be castrated with a barbecue fork. A dull one.

As for your point that people are parking there "illegally"... Puh-leez. The punishment doesn't even come close to fitting the crime. $136 for parking for a few minutes?! Even the city doesn't charge so much for many parking violations. Would you like it if I had you towed for blocking my driveway, and then charged you $500 for it? How about if I live in one of those states where you can legally shoot someone for being on your front porch without permission - would you think it's totally normal for me to blow you away with my Remington 12-gauge shotgun just for coming to put a flyer in my mailbox?

Just because I can legally do those things, that doesn't make them right. I'd still be a reprehensible human being for doing so. And that is exactly what I think of these miserable turds.

/rant

#my2cents
we agreed they taking advantage, doesn't make it legal to park there. We keep going in circles.

would u agree that its quite obvious that the parking lot is intended for customers of 7-11, and not meant for David's bridal or Target?

Would u agree that it is not at all like the parking lot on j and 13?