Author Topic: Crest Baking Soda And Peroxide Toothpaste twin pack (pack of 3) $8.97 + Prime  (Read 2480 times)

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Crest Baking Soda And Peroxide Toothpaste With Tartar Control - Fresh Mint Twin Pack 12.8 Oz, (Pack of 3)= $8.97+ S&S or Free Shipping for Prime Members

5% with S&S or 20% with 5+ subscriptions for the month

Reviews state they received 2-3 tubes, but description (and my screen shot) clearly states 6 tubes of 6.4 oz toothpaste (3 Twin Packs)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F51Q0M/?tag=cl03f-20

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
IMHO, with cheaper items like these, it is better to do a one-time purchase and get the $1 book credit, than to use S & S and save .50. Unless you want it ASAP.

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
That's only if you have 5% off. If you have 20% off it's better to do S&S.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Can someone explain getting 5 items set up w/ S&S?

Let's say I don't actually want ANY of the 5 items to come on a scheduled basis. So, as I see items I want, I add them to my cart and only once I have 5 in there - I click pay and get the 20% off?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
You subscribe to each of them separately and initially get a 5% discount. If you have 5 S&S items in one shipment it retroactively applies the 20% off to all of your S&S orders.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
You subscribe to each of them separately and initially get a 5% discount. If you have 5 S&S items in one shipment it retroactively applies the 20% off to all of your S&S orders.
But what does subscribe mean? You pick a date for them to come? And just make sure you have 5 items in there before that date?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Right. But I think the last date to order is actually something like a 7-10 days before your selected delivery date - it will say what the last date to order is on your S&S page.

And then after it is shipped you just cancel the subscription for each item.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Right. But I think the last date to order is actually something like a 7-10 days before your selected delivery date - it will say what the last date to order is on your S&S page.

And then after it is shipped you just cancel the subscription for each item.
Aha, okay. So I could add things and if I don't find 5 items by my date, just cancel them all.

Right, thanks.

Offline kangarruu

• View Profile
But what does subscribe mean? You pick a date for them to come? And just make sure you have 5 items in there before that date?

When you choose s&s you get to choose the frequency of the subscription (ie. monthly, every 3 months etc), but the first shipment is automatically schedule for that month (or if you subscribe at the end of the month it rolls over to the next month). Every subsequent s&s that you subscribe to before your shipment is processed is scheduled for the same time period. If you go to the s&s section of your account you can choose the date of the month that you want your shipment to arrive. You can also see a grayed out span of time in which you can no longer adjust the shipment.

If you end up subscribing to 5 things that are all arriving on one month, your whole shipment gets reduced by 20% rather than 5%. After it ships you can go back and cancel the subscriptions. When I see I have 3 or 4 items but don't necessarily have anything else to add at that point, I go in and adjust the date of the subscription to push off the whole shipment until I get to 5. This is all assuming you don't need the items right away.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
Aha, okay. So I could add things and if I don't find 5 items by my date, just cancel them all.

Right, thanks.

No. The first shipment is automatic - you can only cancel the future shipments (as more thoroughly described by kangarruu).
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline kangarruu

• View Profile
No. The first shipment is automatic - you can only cancel the future shipments (as more thoroughly described by kangarruu).

You can cancel the first shipment of any subscription as long as it is before the processing stage.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
When you choose s&s you get to choose the frequency of the subscription (ie. monthly, every 3 months etc), but the first shipment is automatically schedule for that month (or if you subscribe at the end of the month it rolls over to the next month). Every subsequent s&s that you subscribe to before your shipment is processed is scheduled for the same time period. If you go to the s&s section of your account you can choose the date of the month that you want your shipment to arrive. You can also see a grayed out span of time in which you can no longer adjust the shipment.

If you end up subscribing to 5 things that are all arriving on one month, your whole shipment gets reduced by 20% rather than 5%. After it ships you can go back and cancel the subscriptions. When I see I have 3 or 4 items but don't necessarily have anything else to add at that point, I go in and adjust the date of the subscription to push off the whole shipment until I get to 5. This is all assuming you don't need the items right away.
Got it thank you!
You can cancel the first shipment of any subscription as long as it is before the processing stage.
Right, that's what I was asking. Okay, so sign up for 1 S&S and keep an eye on the date that I can no longer make changes to it. Get 5 items in there before then or choose 1) delay the shipment date 2) cancel the items I have in my "cart".

Offline kangarruu

• View Profile
Got it thank you!Right, that's what I was asking. Okay, so sign up for 1 S&S and keep an eye on the date that I can no longer make changes to it. Get 5 items in there before then or choose 1) delay the shipment date 2) cancel the items I have in my "cart".

For the most part, yes. Just a few things to keep in mind:

There is a difference between manually adjusting your s&s 'monthly delivery day' (seen on the top left of your s&s account page) and skipping a delivery (seen on the right of each individual subscription). I believe (and someone please chime in here if i'm wrong), that if you skip a delivery you risk losing any additional coupons you clipped on the subscription. The logic is that the coupon is tied to that first delivery and you are actually skipping that delivery.  That's why I play around with the delivery date on the top instead, since you're just adjusting the date for the same 1st delivery.

Similarly, if you end up skipping a delivery in order to try to accumulate 5 in a month and then select 'Need more right away?' to expedite a shipment, you forfeit the s&s discount.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
For the most part, yes. Just a few things to keep in mind:

There is a difference between manually adjusting your s&s 'monthly delivery day' (seen on the top left of your s&s account page) and skipping a delivery (seen on the right of each individual subscription). I believe (and someone please chime in here if i'm wrong), that if you skip a delivery you risk losing any additional coupons you clipped on the subscription. The logic is that the coupon is tied to that first delivery and you are actually skipping that delivery.  That's why I play around with the delivery date on the top instead, since you're just adjusting the date for the same 1st delivery.

Similarly, if you end up skipping a delivery in order to try to accumulate 5 in a month and then select 'Need more right away?' to expedite a shipment, you forfeit the s&s discount.
Gotcha. Thanks for the detailed explanations!