Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

According to Dan: The nights post within a week of spending, regardless of statement close.
They expire 12-13 months from posting and can typically be extended by 1 more month by emailing Hyatt.

Best offer out there for now: (Thanks DoGo!)
Go to Hyatt.com make a reservation, click book, and before cc page you will see offer for card with the 2 free nights PLUS $50 statement credit. Looks something like this

Anniversary nights appear in account before annual fee posts.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread  (Read 451151 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Chase Hyatt Visa To Be Released Within 1-2 Months!
« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »
would they get any points on a award stay? (if i transfer chase points to there hyatt account) also would i be able to use a suite upgrade if i was a second person on there reservation?

They'd be much less inclined to do it for you if it was an award stay. For that, you'd likely need a friend.

I don't think you'd be able use your personal suite upgrade on a RSVP made using another's Hyatt account. Someone will CMIIW.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »
AFAIK you cannot use a suite upgrade on an award reservation

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
AFAIK you cannot use a suite upgrade on an award reservation

...officially.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
is there any hyatt diamond members that would allow me to add their number to my reservation?

I just my my wife's second night free . That plus mine and I made an 4 day res by phones for PH PARIS VENDOMME.

After the previous posts, any thing I can do to get UPG OR at least free brkft that diamonds get. Brkft is 48 euros per person .

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
Re: Hyatt Chase Card- Churning
« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »
Did anyone try this?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2011, 01:23:34 AM »
Recieved my card on the 12th spent the $1000 on the 13th and today, the 19th, i saw my 2 free nights posted!
Thanks everyone, for the advice

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:47:45 AM by Yellow »

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
does anyone knows a nice Hyatt in the ares of NY city can be within 2-3 hours drive ex. NJ, or CT,

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
greenwich

Offline miles

• View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #428 on: December 19, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
greenwich
is there nice places around , and Jewish are  ?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
i dont think its too far from bridgeport & stamford

Offline miles

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
do u know this place ?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2011, 02:27:40 AM »
Does anyone have any expreience with this scenario: if the Chase Hyatt card is cancelled before the annual fee posts, and the two free nights are already booked, will they get taken away being that the chase card was closed? (basically will  the free stays will be removed from the goldpass account)?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 25, 2011, 02:34:00 AM »
Does anyone have any expreience with this scenario: if the Chase Hyatt card is cancelled before the annual fee posts, and the two free nights are already booked, will they get taken away being that the chase card was closed? (basically will  the free stays will be removed from the goldpass account)?

Short answer: You'll keep the nights.

Long answer: It's a signup bonus. The general rule with signup bonuses is that if it's a partner award (e.g. airline, hotel chain etc.) then the signup bonus isn't clawed back, but if it's the issuer's reward program (e.g. Amex MR, BofA worldpoints, Chase UR, Citi TYP etc.) then once you close the card you forfeit any points in the award account (unless it'll stay opened if you have another account sharing that rewards account, like with Amex MR).
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 25, 2011, 02:38:35 AM »
Short answer: You'll keep the nights.

Long answer: It's a signup bonus. The general rule with signup bonuses is that if it's a partner award (e.g. airline, hotel chain etc.) then the signup bonus isn't clawed back, but if it's the issuer's reward program (e.g. Amex MR, BofA worldpoints, Chase UR, Citi TYP etc.) then once you close the card you forfeit any points in the award account (unless it'll stay opened if you have another account sharing that rewards account, like with Amex MR).
Right, that's what i figured, but i just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Also, I now have a trial diamond status and it's showing me 4 suite upgrades (!), (kinda surprising because i was always under the impression that with the trial you dont get any upgrades... ) Anyhow, if i stay at the hyatt for 4 nights and only pay for 1 (use free nights with the other three), then if i use my suite upgrade is there anyway to extend to ALL the nights, not just the one that i paid for?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 25, 2011, 02:42:56 AM »
Also, I now have a trial diamond status and it's showing me 4 suite upgrades (!), (kinda surprising because i was always under the impression that with the trial you dont get any upgrades... ) Anyhow, if i stay at the hyatt for 4 nights and only pay for 1 (use free nights with the other three), then if i use my suite upgrade is there anyway to extend to ALL the nights, not just the one that i paid for?

FWIU suite upgrades don't stack with free nights, but maybe if you upgrade your first (paid night) then you could keep the suite for your subsequent free nights. Maybe the Hyatt mavens here can chime in on that.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #435 on: December 25, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »

It's YMMV, but if you contact the hotel before hand, there is a good chance they will be ok with that, if the room is available. But as AsherO said, it officially doesn't work
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2011, 02:54:39 AM »
It's YMMV, but if you contact the hotel before hand, there is a good chance they will be ok with that, if the room is available. But as AsherO said, it officially doesn't work
Ok, so how do I approach this? First i book, then call the hotel? Who would i speak to at the hotel? (manager? reservations? front desk?)
Thanks

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #437 on: December 25, 2011, 03:02:49 AM »
Ok, so how do I approach this? First i book, then call the hotel? Who would i speak to at the hotel? (manager? reservations? front desk?)
Thanks
Manager is always a good place to start if he's available. I think you said you were going to GHK. Tell him about all the amazing things said about his property on DD/DDF, and how excited you are to experience it
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 25, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »
Manager is always a good place to start if he's available. I think you said you were going to GHK. Tell him about all the amazing things said about his property on DD/DDF, and how excited you are to experience it

I would call hotel,get hotel general mgrs name and e/m( sometimes mid level people are afraid to say yes , while g.m is the king)  --send e/m with ur request-- i think it would help if u had a special reason why wanted (visiting  sick relative, new job interview etc.)and not just to game the system -- if get yes-- it is in writing-- if get a no--still can call reservations later

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #439 on: December 25, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
First book the paid night and suite though reservations.  Then call the hotel to confirm you won't have to change rooms.  Shouldn't be a problem if they aren't sold out.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.