Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

According to Dan: The nights post within a week of spending, regardless of statement close.
They expire 12-13 months from posting and can typically be extended by 1 more month by emailing Hyatt.

Best offer out there for now: (Thanks DoGo!)
Go to Hyatt.com make a reservation, click book, and before cc page you will see offer for card with the 2 free nights PLUS $50 statement credit. Looks something like this

Anniversary nights appear in account before annual fee posts.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread  (Read 446748 times)

Offline lechaim2life

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Hyatt Visa To Be Released Within 1-2 Months!
« Reply #440 on: December 25, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
First book the paid night and suite though reservations.  Then call the hotel to confirm you won't have to change rooms.  Shouldn't be a problem if they aren't sold out.

I just did the same thing with my award nights actually booked first. After I got Diamond trial status I booked my suite rooms and the CSR from Gold Passport I called said I couldn't use the upgrade on the award nights. I then called the special Diamond line and explained to the representative how annoying it would be to change rooms on my honeymoon and she promised to take care of it for me. A few hours later, I got a call back from Hyatt confirming my suite upgrade would be for the entire stay.

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 25, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »
I just did the same thing with my award nights actually booked first. After I got Diamond trial status I booked my suite rooms and the CSR from Gold Passport I called said I couldn't use the upgrade on the award nights. I then called the special Diamond line and explained to the representative how annoying it would be to change rooms on my honeymoon and she promised to take care of it for me. A few hours later, I got a call back from Hyatt confirming my suite upgrade would be for the entire stay.

Are you saying you got suite upgrade on an award only reservation,or combo paid and award res.? 

If i used the Honeymoon schtick could I get upg at HP Paris Vendomme . Also if I do the 60 day match to Diamond from HH Gold can I add diamond staus to May reservation for breakfast at least, or do I have to be diamond on the dates I am there

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #442 on: December 25, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »
Thanks so much for the advice everyone!
I called and was told that there were no suite upgrades available, but then i called again and got locked into a suite for the paid night. :) Hopefully i'll get lucky and will be able to extend the suite for all my award nights...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2011, 06:38:32 PM »
Thanks so much for the advice everyone!
I called and was told that there were no suite upgrades available, but then i called again and got locked into a suite for the paid night. :) Hopefully i'll get lucky and will be able to extend the suite for all my award nights...
Is the paid night at the beginning or end of the stay?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #444 on: December 25, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »
Is the paid night at the beginning or end of the stay?
The begining

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #445 on: December 25, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »
The begining
My hunch is you'll be fine then, but YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
i'm new for Hotel rewards can anyone get me a run down how its works
1) which points is the best for hotels on this side its looks like SPG and why its better then HH, Hyatt, Marriott, etc.
2)how can we get elite when staying for free i see Dan is Plt, Diamond, at a bfew hotels with credit cards u can get only gold SPG or Plt, Hyatt not Diamond and now u can get Gold HH with the master card but how u get higher elite status ?
3)can we hold bookings like airline tickets before transferring points ?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »
Random Question: Is the free suite nights based on when you apply for the card? or when the card is approved? my hunch is that its when the card is approved because thats when they contact hyatt. I ask because someone applied for the card as a platinum member but matched to a diamond trial shortly after. By the time she was approved he was diamond but just wondering if that is enough to get free suite nights

Edit:
Just called and a rep confirmed my suspicions. I'm still not totally convinced, as reps can often be wrong,  ::) but she notated the account...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:23:13 PM by Yellow »

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »
i'm new for Hotel rewards can anyone get me a run down how its works
1) which points is the best for hotels on this side its looks like SPG and why its better then HH, Hyatt, Marriott, etc.
2)how can we get elite when staying for free i see Dan is Plt, Diamond, at a bfew hotels with credit cards u can get only gold SPG or Plt, Hyatt not Diamond and now u can get Gold HH with the master card but how u get higher elite status ?
3)can we hold bookings like airline tickets before transferring points ?
1) spg is better because you can do a cash & points booking (making points more valueable)
2) you can get hilton gold for free now. Dan posted how to do it on the main site, and then you can try matching to a hyatt diamond trial
3) no clue
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:49:36 PM by Yellow »

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »
It for sure goes by when they contact Hyatt (which is often before the card is totally approved as they must have a membership number before they approve). I believe I already once wrote exactly how hyatt card app process works.

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2011, 11:08:57 AM »
Does anyone know if the free suite upgrade can be used on rooms booked with citi ty points?

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt Chase Card- Churning
« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »
Does anyone know if the free suite upgrade can be used on rooms booked with citi ty points?

While I don't have personal experience, it would seem that it should work.

...just like booking a ticket with TY points and you earn miles, i.e. it's not an award ticket.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »
While I don't have personal experience, it would seem that it should work.

...just like booking a ticket with TY points and you earn miles, i.e. it's not an award ticket.
Not like that at all in fact.  You only earn hotel points when booking direct.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »

So any ideas if this would work here? I don't know anything about ty points or how the hyatt upgrades work

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2011, 12:07:29 PM »

Wow, really? When booking an airline ticket with TY points, it has all the rules of an award ticket? i.e. no miles accumulation?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Hyatt Visa To Be Released Within 1-2 Months!
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »
Wow, really? When booking an airline ticket with TY points, it has all the rules of an award ticket? i.e. no miles accumulation?

No, you earn miles for airline tickets.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »
No, you earn miles for airline tickets.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought.

I misunderstood him. Apparently there is a difference with regard to TY points and Hotels vs. Airlines.

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:26 PM »
That's what I thought.

I misunderstood him. Apparently there is a difference with regard to TY points and Hotels vs. Airlines.

that's what it sounded like he was saying. He was disagreeing with your comparison to book tickets. I still have no idea about using the suite with ty points and they need to know by the week end

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »
that's what it sounded like he was saying. He was disagreeing with your comparison to book tickets. I still have no idea about using the suite with ty points and they need to know by the week end

Right. Apparently he's saying it won't work with TY points. (unlike airline tix)