Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

According to Dan: The nights post within a week of spending, regardless of statement close.
They expire 12-13 months from posting and can typically be extended by 1 more month by emailing Hyatt.

Best offer out there for now: (Thanks DoGo!)
Go to Hyatt.com make a reservation, click book, and before cc page you will see offer for card with the 2 free nights PLUS $50 statement credit. Looks something like this

Anniversary nights appear in account before annual fee posts.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread  (Read 447098 times)

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Re: Chase Hyatt Visa To Be Released Within 1-2 Months!
« Reply #480 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
should I try to book them on my card and convert to the free night certificates later? 
Thats what i recently did and they were able to convert it to the 2 free nights. (although i have not yet seen the charge taken off my cc  :o hopefully that will happen asap)

Offline coregis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
In case anyone is wondering/cares, the 2 free nights are suite nights!
Sorry, I'm a bit confused- to get the 2 free suite nights you must be a diamond member at the time of approval for the card correct?

I had no status when I opened my card- so I just received instant platinum and (hopefully soon) 2 free standard rooms. 

I suppose I was too late to catch the Hilton Gold->Hyatt Diamond deal that ended 8/31, but if there is anything I can do at this point to upgrade myself I'd love to know.

Thanks for all the help. 

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #482 on: January 03, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »
Sorry, I'm a bit confused- to get the 2 free suite nights you must be a diamond member at the time of approval for the card correct?

Correct. (Though one person got them to give the suites when he got diamond between application and approval IIRC.)

I had no status when I opened my card- so I just received instant platinum and (hopefully soon) 2 free standard rooms. 

I suppose I was too late to catch the Hilton Gold->Hyatt Diamond deal that ended 8/31, but if there is anything I can do at this point to upgrade myself I'd love to know.

Thanks for all the help.

How long ago did you apply? When did you get approved? If you can match the current (?) Hilton Gold offer to Hyatt Diamond, you may get them to match. (Though even getting the Hyatt Diamond match has gotten harder these days without HHonors activity.)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline coregis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 03, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
How long ago did you apply? When did you get approved? If you can match the current (?) Hilton Gold offer to Hyatt Diamond, you may get them to match. (Though even getting the Hyatt Diamond match has gotten harder these days without HHonors activity.)
I applied for the wife and I on 12/19,  she was approved instantly, I was on hold, both cards arrived same day by mail before Dec 30 (we were out of town).  I've already spent the $1k on each.

I am just getting started in this game and have no other hotel statuses. This was the Hilotn->Hyatt deal I thought ended.

We're trying to book these 4 free nights at Park Hyatt Tokyo during a very busy time, so I want to lock the rooms down. But if I can upgrade to a suite somehow all the better. I think I will call now and put four standard nights on my card and change them to the free nights when those show up, and then deal with any upgrade business later.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #484 on: January 03, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
I applied for the wife and I on 12/19,  she was approved instantly, I was on hold, both cards arrived same day by mail before Dec 30 (we were out of town).  I've already spent the $1k on each.

I am just getting started in this game and have no other hotel statuses. This was the Hilotn->Hyatt deal I thought ended.

We're trying to book these 4 free nights at Park Hyatt Tokyo during a very busy time, so I want to lock the rooms down. But if I can upgrade to a suite somehow all the better. I think I will call now and put four standard nights on my card and change them to the free nights when those show up, and then deal with any upgrade business later.

There is this more current offer for Hyatt insta-gold. Not sure if dead yet or not.

It's likely too late to get the suite upgrades (someone will woof CMIIW), but I guess it couldn't hurt to try.

Your free nights should post within a couple days of spending $1.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline coregis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
Thanks for all the help. I wish I had discovered this forum sooner and gotten my free nights in suites- Oh well, the signal to noise is way higher here and you don't see 9 contradictory answers every single time.

I think I'll still try for the Hyatt diamond match closer to my travel date so I can get breakfast and free spa access. I realize the match is a once in a lifetime thing, but I can always use my wife's account if lightning strikes twice.   

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 04, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
Thanks for all the help. I wish I had discovered this forum sooner and gotten my free nights in suites- Oh well, the signal to noise is way higher here and you don't see 9 contradictory answers every single time.

I think I'll still try for the Hyatt diamond match closer to my travel date so I can get breakfast and free spa access. I realize the match is a once in a lifetime thing, but I can always use my wife's account if lightning strikes twice.   

You're welcome. It's possible--if you are Diamond at the time of stay--they'll upgrade you to a suite anyway. YMMV depending on date, property, and location (and probably a bunch of other things Jeff didn't tell me).

Offline aj26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »
What do you send to Hyatt to get a diamond trial for 60 days. I have gold status from hilton so I could send a screenshot but my account homepage shows that I have no stays with them. Is Hyatt still willing to match someone from Hilton even if a screenshot of my hilton  account homepage shows gold status but no stays?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »
What do you send to Hyatt to get a diamond trial for 60 days. I have gold status from hilton so I could send a screenshot but my account homepage shows that I have no stays with them. Is Hyatt still willing to match someone from Hilton even if a screenshot of my hilton  account homepage shows gold status but no stays?

Recently, no.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 06, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
YMMV

All the reports I have been reading, over here, on FT and fwf (including the blogs) seem to say they've cracked down.

Do you have experience/posts otherwise?

Besides I don't call, say, 5% of the people getting a Diamond challenge without stays a YMMV.

Offline arid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
Most people I know can't stand them. Plus I think I'm black listed by them.
what gets you blacklisted?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
All the reports I have been reading, over here, on FT and fwf (including the blogs) seem to say they've cracked down.

Besides I don't call, say, 5% of the people getting a Diamond challenge without stays a YMMV.
I've actually read multiple success reports on DD/DDF of late.  Too lazy to look for 'em.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 06, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
I've actually read multiple success reports on DD/DDF of late.  Too lazy to look for 'em.

Awesome.

Match away.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »

I had success after they stopped. Had to send multiple emails but finally got it for me and wife
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 06, 2012, 11:56:53 AM »
what do you guys say, i just did the 2bm on 2 citi cards a week ago now i wanna do the 3bm on chase is it to fast between cards? or should i wait some more time?

Offline coregis

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »
Another data point- applied on 12/19, received card 12/30ish. Spent the $1k on 1/2, received free nights on 1/8.

I have a reservation open that I would like to convert to free nights, should I do this through the hotel or the gold passport line? Are they going to give me any trouble tying to combine 4 nights in a row (2 from me, 2 from the wife)?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:01:21 PM by coregis »

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #498 on: January 11, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
i have 4 suites upgrade that i want to give away for someone how do i do this do i make a booking on my name and add him as guest do i need to be there or he can enter with out me

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2012, 09:50:03 PM »
i have 4 suites upgrade that i want to give away for someone how do i do this do i make a booking on my name and add him as guest do i need to be there or he can enter with out me

You buy room. You apply suite upgrade. You add him as additional. You get on with your life :)