Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

According to Dan: The nights post within a week of spending, regardless of statement close.
They expire 12-13 months from posting and can typically be extended by 1 more month by emailing Hyatt.

Best offer out there for now: (Thanks DoGo!)
Go to Hyatt.com make a reservation, click book, and before cc page you will see offer for card with the 2 free nights PLUS $50 statement credit. Looks something like this

Anniversary nights appear in account before annual fee posts.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread  (Read 446828 times)

Offline efflpetzel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 26, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
The point im trying to make is that he is trying to combine his two free nigths with his wifes and his fathers. His and his Wifes no problem but how do you explain that your father wont be there. The certs are not transferable so yea if you were just using your fathers you could check in and see he is coming later but when you are using three different peoples certs............ not so pashut
Still no definitive answer ??

Just to recap I'd like to use 3 different sets of free night for a total of 6 nights, the first 4 free night will be under me & my wife's name, the last 2 nights will be under my Fathers name with my name added to the reservation.
Will Hyatt allow this (The point being that they'll clearly see that I'm using somebody elses free nights) & has anyone ever done this successfully ,

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 26, 2014, 12:35:05 PM »
BTW I don't see  the $50 statement credit when signing up for the card, even when I go incognito

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 26, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »
BTW I don't see  the $50 statement credit when signing up for the card, even when I go incognito
Follow the wiki directions it should come up. Otherwise u can always sm for match. Chase is usually very good with matching

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
does anyone know how I can get hyatt or chase to expedite the points being posted.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
I'm sure this question has been asked many times - do the sign-up nights have to be booked or stayed in by 12 months?

Offline azhoopsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
I'm sure this question has been asked many times - do the sign-up nights have to be booked or stayed in by 12 months?
Stayed in

Offline azhoopsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 07, 2014, 07:23:41 PM »
Data point:  I spent $999 on my Hyatt card in May right after receiving the card.  I then waited until July 2nd to spend the last dollar to trigger my free nights.  The free nights expire July 31, 2015.  So, it looks like it may always be the end of the month that is 12 months after hitting the threshold. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1507 on: July 07, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
Always been that way.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ueaiouioei

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:33 PM »
I just got a Hyatt visa card and now plan on booking a 10 night stay at a Hyatt using points transferred from UR.
2 questions:

1) What is the process to get upgraded to platinum level now that I have the visa card? Does it happen automatically or do I need to call Hyatt or chase?

2) Should I wait to book until I get the platinum level or can I book now at a gold level and then ask for an upgrade when i get the platinum?

Thanks!
Live life to the fullest

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1509 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
I just got a Hyatt visa card and now plan on booking a 10 night stay at a Hyatt using points transferred from UR.
2 questions:

1) What is the process to get upgraded to platinum level now that I have the visa card? Does it happen automatically or do I need to call Hyatt or chase?

2) Should I wait to book until I get the platinum level or can I book now at a gold level and then ask for an upgrade when i get the platinum?

Thanks!
1) Its automatic 2) I don't see why you can't book now and call later.

Offline Excalibur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 10, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »
I need to go to albany next monday. is a room for 12K a good redemption of a free night?

Side note, they don't have any suites. but i didn't sign up while under platinum status. Is there a way to set myself up for upgrades to suites for the future?

Any other recommendations for Albany? I have starwood and have to be in Albany at 1pm for a real estate exam (this is for the 21st/22nd

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:32 AM »
With the card comes Platinum status, on the Hyatt site, I saw this thing "My Elite Rate" where Platinum & Diamond members can get 20% off the daily rate or any standard room in 2014 (subject to availability, which could mean is never really possible). Does anyone know if this applies to bookings with points or just cash bookings? I didnt see anything excluding award stays in the T&Cs.

About "My Elite Rate"
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/program-enhancements.html?src=vanity_goldpassport.com/programupdates
My Elite Rate T&Cs
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/elite-rate-terms-conditions.html
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Online EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1512 on: July 11, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »
With the card comes Platinum status, on the Hyatt site, I saw this thing "My Elite Rate" where Platinum & Diamond members can get 20% off the daily rate or any standard room in 2014 (subject to availability, which could mean is never really possible). Does anyone know if this applies to bookings with points or just cash bookings? I didnt see anything excluding award stays in the T&Cs.

About "My Elite Rate"
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/program-enhancements.html?src=vanity_goldpassport.com/programupdates
My Elite Rate T&Cs
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/elite-rate-terms-conditions.html
It does not apply. C&P are not considered part of the "daily rates". On the other hand, almost every hotel I looked at has the "my elite rate".
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 11, 2014, 01:25:07 AM »
It does not apply. C&P are not considered part of the "daily rates". On the other hand, almost every hotel I looked at has the "my elite rate".

I wasn't really thinking C&P I was really kinda hoping I'd be able to get 20% off a regular award booking, 6.4k instead of 8k. I figured it was a long shot. Thanks.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline robbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 11, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
I would really love to churn this card, it seems like it more difficult then other cards, can anyone who's done it in the past pm how to.
I have been through the thread and cant seem to find an answer.

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »
Where is the best place to use my 2 free night driving distance from nyc it will expire July 30 ?

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 12, 2014, 11:30:31 PM »
Where is the best place to use my 2 free night driving distance from nyc it will expire July 30 ?

Try and get the nights extended 1 month and use it at the new Park Hyatt New York?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1517 on: July 12, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

Try and get the nights extended 1 month and use it at the new Park Hyatt New York?
+1

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 12, 2014, 11:43:05 PM »
I did that I can't push off any more what's so good about staying in nyc I live in Brooklyn ?

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 12, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »

I did that I can't push off any more what's so good about staying in nyc I live in Brooklyn ?
Its supposed to be a very nice property.