Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

According to Dan: The nights post within a week of spending, regardless of statement close.
They expire 12-13 months from posting and can typically be extended by 1 more month by emailing Hyatt.

Best offer out there for now: (Thanks DoGo!)
Go to Hyatt.com make a reservation, click book, and before cc page you will see offer for card with the 2 free nights PLUS $50 statement credit. Looks something like this

Anniversary nights appear in account before annual fee posts.
« Last edited by jj1000 on March 14, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread  (Read 446871 times)

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Hyatt Visa Master Thread
« Reply #1580 on: October 29, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
Interesting. Yes the fancy shmancy that goes for 1k$ a night - forget the name ;).

How was it? Was there a jacuzzi in your room? I will mention that my SO also has the card and we could checkin with those free nights first and of course consolidate reservation. We plan on using them for 4 nights in Paris! Hopefully you'll say its worth it! :p
That's the one ;)

No jacuzzi in the room (I don't know about suites, but I know that even Dan who stayed in a suite used the spa's jacuzzi). There is a spa that has a jacuzzi and when we went down, there was just another couple there. They went to the sauna, while we went to the jacuzzi. They went to the steamroom, we went to the sauna, etc. So, then you don't need both cards open. I also combined the 4 free nights into 1 res. and added a 5th with 30K UR.

Worth it? The hotel is very fancy. Tons of staff there to tend to your every need and it feels great. The room was really nice, everything feels rich and fancy - even the fact that the toiletries are made by some famous person just for the hotel (someone pointed that out in their TR, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed ;) ). But, from seeing so many cities throughout Europe, Paris was not high on our list... We felt other cities had that "cute European street" feel to them much more than Paris. Sure the sites were great - the Tower, the Palace, the Louvre, but the city itself didn't blow us away - because it's kinda very city like. We didn't get that romantic feeling that movies make it seem to have. Felt that much more in places like Venice. Also, the walk to Shul is really far. We got used to it, but it was far. Additionally, there are a few restaurants within a short-ish walk to the PHP, but most of the places are spread out randomly (kinda funny how they're not like grouped together in one big area - because there are so many of them) so you have to take metros around to get to them. We also were not blown away by the food (except Las Du Falafel!) so that also didn't help much. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer - Paris was great, the hotel was amazing, but it wasn't our favorite city, so yeah.

In terms of a good use of the nights, I'm really not sure. I got all hyped up by everyone's talk here about the PHP and being one of the nicest Hyatts in the world, but hey, it's a luxury hotel in a big city, it's not a huge resort on some island or beach which may blow you away more than the fanciness of the PHP. I hope churning works out and we can get to both options one day :)

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1581 on: October 29, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »
Still mulling over whether to close this card. On my two free nights will having this card give me some sort of status to upgrade the room?  Planning to go to the Paris Hyatt.

What category is that Hyatt? I have Hyatt Plat status, so if it's a Cat 1-4 location, then I can give/sell you the night and you can have an upgraded platinum 3rd night there... or a nearby Hyatt in Paris
5 Hyatts in Paris: http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/searchResults.jsp?language=en&_requestid=349190
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 29, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »
That's the one ;)

No jacuzzi in the room (I don't know about suites, but I know that even Dan who stayed in a suite used the spa's jacuzzi). There is a spa that has a jacuzzi and when we went down, there was just another couple there. They went to the sauna, while we went to the jacuzzi. They went to the steamroom, we went to the sauna, etc. So, then you don't need both cards open. I also combined the 4 free nights into 1 res. and added a 5th with 30K UR.

Worth it? The hotel is very fancy. Tons of staff there to tend to your every need and it feels great. The room was really nice, everything feels rich and fancy - even the fact that the toiletries are made by some famous person just for the hotel (someone pointed that out in their TR, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed ;) ). But, from seeing so many cities throughout Europe, Paris was not high on our list... We felt other cities had that "cute European street" feel to them much more than Paris. Sure the sites were great - the Tower, the Palace, the Louvre, but the city itself didn't blow us away - because it's kinda very city like. We didn't get that romantic feeling that movies make it seem to have. Felt that much more in places like Venice. Also, the walk to Shul is really far. We got used to it, but it was far. Additionally, there are a few restaurants within a short-ish walk to the PHP, but most of the places are spread out randomly (kinda funny how they're not like grouped together in one big area - because there are so many of them) so you have to take metros around to get to them. We also were not blown away by the food (except Las Du Falafel!) so that also didn't help much. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer - Paris was great, the hotel was amazing, but it wasn't our favorite city, so yeah.

In terms of a good use of the nights, I'm really not sure. I got all hyped up by everyone's talk here about the PHP and being one of the nicest Hyatts in the world, but hey, it's a luxury hotel in a big city, it's not a huge resort on some island or beach which may blow you away more than the fanciness of the PHP. I hope churning works out and we can get to both options one day :)
Hahah awesome!! I was in Paris over 4 years ago, before I knew about churning. I did like it a lot, alas I am a city person. 

If both 2-night reservations will be consolidated and put on my SO acct then hopefully that will mean I can close card and also cross fingers that churning works out for me as well! I'd like to see the Tokyo property ! Closing now just means I can reopen sooner right?! :D
כפרות על כפרה

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 29, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »
I applied for this card 80 days ago, and hit threshold 60 days ago,
So far it's only showing points for the amount I spent, isn't that strange?
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 29, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
Hahah awesome!! I was in Paris over 4 years ago, before I knew about churning. I did like it a lot, alas I am a city person. 

If both 2-night reservations will be consolidated and put on my SO acct then hopefully that will mean I can close card and also cross fingers that churning works out for me as well! I'd like to see the Tokyo property ! Closing now just means I can reopen sooner right?! :D
Should work. They combined everyone onto 1 res for me. Hehe exactly. :)

What category is that Hyatt? I have Hyatt Plat status, so if it's a Cat 1-4 location, then I can give/sell you the night and you can have an upgraded platinum 3rd night there... or a nearby Hyatt in Paris
5 Hyatts in Paris: http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/features/searchResults.jsp?language=en&_requestid=349190
Cat 7 I believe.

I applied for this card 80 days ago, and hit threshold 60 days ago,
So far it's only showing points for the amount I spent, isn't that strange?
That's the only "points" you get. The free nights aren't points. Check your Hyatt account and you should see 2 free nights.

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1585 on: October 29, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
That's the only "points" you get. The free nights aren't points. Check your Hyatt account and you should see 2 free nights.

Did he make a Gold Passport Account? then it will show up here.
My Awards: https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/promotional.jsp
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Myccrabbi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 29, 2014, 05:00:39 PM »
Did he make a Gold Passport Account? then it will show up here.
My Awards: https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/promotional.jsp

[/quote]Thanks.

If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 30, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
With regard to the $50 credit do I need to actually book a room and then cancel or is it just enough to get to the page where it gives me the link?

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 30, 2014, 08:39:54 PM »
Bump

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 30, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »
With regard to the $50 credit do I need to actually book a room and then cancel or is it just enough to get to the page where it gives me the link?
It says "This bonus offer is for new cardmembers who respond to this instant credit offer on hyatt.com and first apply for the Hyatt Credit Card through hyatt.com as part of making a reservation." I think that means you have to book a room. I assume that means you could book a refundable room then later cancel it, but it looks like you do have to book it. I tried sending an SM and got the same response, and I just looked at the T&C and thats what it says.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: October 30, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »

Anybody done this recently and confirm or deny either way?

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1591 on: October 30, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »
Bump
What is the big deal? Just book a room for 6 months from now and cancel it once you get the bonus.
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 30, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »

I got 50$ credit without booking any rooms.
כפרות על כפרה

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 03, 2014, 08:26:08 AM »
Having a hard time creating a new Hyatt number- I've changed everything but the name. Any ideas?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline YankyDoodle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 03, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Anyone know how fast i lose platinum status once closing my card? TIA
Mine stuck around for at least 6 months (probably longer)

Offline ranhan429

• View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 03, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »
Mine stuck around for at least 6 months (probably longer)
Good to know!
כפרות על כפרה

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 03, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »
How long after the AF hits, does the anniversary night post?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1597 on: November 03, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »
How long after the AF hits, does the anniversary night post?
Before.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 03, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »
Before.
Thanks. Of course I couldn't find it in my HGP account until after you confirmed that I definitely should have it. Now I found it. :)

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 03, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
If I can't find any award nights in Macau's Grand Hyatt through the site, do the 2 free nights I get from this card allow me special access or am I stuck looking elsewhere?  I'm going to guess the latter so what would be good utilization for the 2 free nights out of all of the Hyatt's you've been to?  Maldives, Paris, Munich, etc?  TIA