Author Topic: Sprint Upgrade  (Read 4583 times)

Offline menashe

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sprint Upgrade
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »
anyone have experience in this?
on a legacy plan, to upgrade to non-legacy-available phone, without activating?
do they bump-up your plan right away?
(the language on the site makes it seem like they bump-up on activation)
anyone have experience?
I did this many times upgrading on the phone with sprint telesales, sometimes it went through no problem, but if they told me I would need to change my plan, I told them I don't know yet which plan I want, and I'll go into a sore after I get the phone and go through all available plans, they alway told me no problem, and sent me the phone. But I haven't in the last few ears been able to get a rebate for a phone that hasn't been activated on that line, so you might end up having to foot the $199. still not a bad deal

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »
does the bb style require a change from the old shtick plans? i had the tour with no problem and just ordered the style...im getting a little nervous here..

with the old plans, you can't get any bbs that are newer than the tour or the 1st gen curve - which was out just b4 the tour. Any newer bbs will require a new plan.  That being said, like menashe says, you can upgrade anytime, (assuming telesales will let you - if the 1st guy doesnt, call back) without changing your plan until you activate the phone - and you can return the phone to telesales if you change your mind by a requesting a return kit from sprint within th 30 days from when you received the phone...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:02:52 AM by sprint »

Offline moe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
with the old plans, you can't get any bbs that are newer than the tour or the 1st gen curve - which was out just b4 the tour. Any newer bbs will require a new plan.  That being said, like menashe says, you can upgrade anytime, (assuming telesales will let you - if the 1st guy doesnt, call back) without changing your plan until you activate the phone - and you can return the phone to telesales if you change your mind by a requesting a return kit from sprint within th 30 days from when you received the phone...
yeh, btw, thats what i did with the new bb style. ordered, but they werent able to activate it...oh well..

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 11:59:32 PM »
My wife is eligible for an upgrade. I'm not sure which is the better option. Pay $300 for a iPhone 7 128gb 2 year contract or a 24 month installment plan where I'll pay $100 for 128gb and $17.09 a month or just lease and pay $100 for the 128gb and $17.09 a month and upgrade every 12 months?

She is still on the Unlimited, My Way plan for $80 plus tax a month.
It's worth too much.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 07:04:32 AM »
You end up paying way more if you lease or do the installment plan. They're going to get rid of the two year contract upgrades very soon so it's probably your last chance to get a phone for a price like that.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline lowvoltageguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 10:16:17 AM »
Thanks for the response.
It's worth too much.

Offline davidjw0914

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile