Author Topic: Astor & Black declares bankruptcy  (Read 7846 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Astor & Black declares bankruptcy
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
I am a business owner, and I can tell you that no auditor would find out the internal workings of the business. Not that I am C"V doing anything illegal, it's just that there is too many complexities to know what is really going on.
Don't be so sure, if you're even one dollar off with the complexities they will trace it and find everything. As can the IRS if they are so inclined. 

Complexities are suspicious.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

My point is, under normal circumstances, people don't sell a successful business unless they are offered a crazy amount of money. (in other words, unless the buyer is crazy for offering that much money).

I disagree. When someone works 14+ hours a day to make a business successful, it comes to a certain point that you want to cash out so you can live a normal lifestyle. Especially if you have other business ideas in the works

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
I disagree. When someone works 14+ hours a day to make a business successful, it comes to a certain point that you want to cash out so you can live a normal lifestyle. Especially if you have other business ideas in the works
+1,000.
The number I heard was $40MM but who knows. 
No that's not the next Instagram but that's NOT chump change.   Nothing to sneeze at IMHO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.