Topic Wiki

This is NOT meshuggy's thread!
If you have any contributive or non-contributive random posts to share, you're more than welcome to post here.
« Last edited by Dan on September 04, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »

Author Topic: Random Posts For Non-Meshugeners  (Read 482874 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Random Posts For Non-Meshugeners
« Reply #1500 on: November 03, 2014, 07:23:23 AM »
is it available for all locations?

See https://www.spgpromos.com/keyless/ for where it's available so far.
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »
Dallas Cowboys choose unfortunate #Hashtag for UK trip.

#cowboysuk  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 04, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

;D " I've been saying that since the beginning of the season" (twitter)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 04, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »

LOL
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 04, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 05, 2014, 12:20:37 AM »
Its funny cuz it's true:
You think I make this stuff up?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1506 on: November 11, 2014, 01:31:16 PM »
Morphy's Law: When giving a video conference, your webcam will freeze just as you have to scratch your nose...

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1507 on: November 15, 2014, 10:46:36 PM »
I hate it when I get into this mode...

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1508 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:25 PM »
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1509 on: November 15, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »
repost :)
Could very well be, I just feel that way now :P

Offline etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1510 on: November 15, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »
Could very well be, I just feel that way now :P
Sorry to hear that!
At least you're aware that that's how you're feeling...
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1511 on: November 16, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #1512 on: November 17, 2014, 06:48:08 AM »

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1513 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »
Last week a Briss, today an Upsherin at the rate I'm going I'll be making a Bar Mitzvah next week :P

Offline WQ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 18, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
Mazal tov!
 But it goes, letorah,(upsheren) Lechuppa and then lemaasim tovim (-bar mitzva?)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1515 on: November 18, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »
Last week a Briss, today an Upsherin at the rate I'm going I'll be making a Bar Mitzvah next week :P
You rock!
Seems like your wife has chances to be that chuson's pregnant mother at the chupah.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Moes Tavern

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite
« Reply #1516 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
You rock!
Seems like your wife has chances to be that chuson's pregnant mother at the chupah.

Sounds like my cousin's mother in law. They had babies 6 months apart.
"I've done some things I'm not proud of, and the things I am proud of are pretty disgusting"

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #1517 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »
You rock!
Actually, my mother in law was pregnant by my Chuppah :)

Offline EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1518 on: November 18, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »
China Eastern is cheap, use old planes, have min service, basic rice and noodles meals and the only airline to fly direct from LAX to Shanghai daily.  So if you don't like connecting flights to Shanghai, you have to fly China Eastern.  This is why I ended up on this wild adventure.

Our flight was supposed to depart at 1PM.  Most of the passengers already boarded and we were the last ones to board.  I was looking out the window at the plane.  I hear them start the engines and then a loud "BOOM."  I noticed that flames were coming out of the rear tail pipe and then lots of smoke.   The emergency doors opened up to ventilate the cabin smoke. The passengers deboarded the plane using the gangway.  Fire engines were surrounding the plane.  We were told that they had mechanical problems and the flight would be delayed.  At 3PM they said that it was ready to board but had to tow the plane to out lying gate to "ventilate the cabin." We finally boarded the plane at 8PM without any further announcements from the airline.  As we board, there was a strong odor of burnt plastic and smoke.  Each passenger was given a towel to place over their noses.

The next part was insane.  As they attempted to start the engines, it stalled not once, but 3X.  Each time more and more passengers started yelling in Chinese and freaking out.  They started to get up and moved toward the doors.  They all wanted to get off the plane.  One stewardess started crying.  Again, no announcements or direction were given in Chinese, English or any other language.  All this time, they engines were off and it must have been 90 degrees.  The doors were finally open, however, the gangway was not allowed to engage due to customs/immigration regulations.  More yelling in Chinese ensued and people were edging their way toward the open doors.  The steward had to block the doorway.  Finally, they got clearance from customs and allowed us to deboard.

Now the real chaos started as everyone clamored for alternative flights.  Again China Eastern reps didn't have an organized method to do this.  Passengers, elbowed their way to the front of the service desk.  They were not able to put us on another flight b/c they only had one plane in United States.  The next flight was the next day and that was full.  They were not willing to get us on other airlines other than China Southern or China Air, these were all full.  We eventually had to book a flight with Cathay Air.  It is now, 9:30PM

When we told China Eastern that we needed our luggage, we were told that it would be out of the plane at 11PM.  By 11PM, we were then told that the luggage cannot be offloaded b/c they do not have enough people to remove the luggage.  They promised to deliver the luggage to our destination in Shanghai the next day.

Of course, our luggage did not arrive in Shanghai.  China Eastern reps in the lost luggage dept. said they did not know where the luggage is located.  They were not willing to assist in locating the luggage, I had to threatened them by saying that I will sleep in their office unless the find my luggage.  They finally found the luggage in Xian and they will have it Shanghai, but we had pick it up at the airport the next day.  The airport was 45 mins away.  I demanded to have the luggage delivered to our hotel.  They said that this was not possible b/c they had to "clear it" with the office in Los Angeles.  The problem here is that Los Angeles office is closed.  Again, more yelling on my part and finally they said they will deliver it in the afternoon.

Needless to say, the longest delay and craziest flight experience of my life.  If you want to fly direct to Shanghai, don't mind the yelling, delay, old planes, old movies on dark video screens, fly China Eastern.  After this experience, I think I will only fly Cathay or Singapore Airlines on my next trip and enjoy a layover in Hong Kong
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #1519 on: November 18, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »
I was on the same plane as Stephen G.; in short my advise is to never fly with China Eastern if you don't have to...

The long story...

My boyfriend and I were super excited about our trip to Shanghai and arrived early to check in for our 1pm flight. We had no problems checking in, and happily walked ourselves through security after grabbing a bite from Pinks. We grabbed a couple of drinks and waited at the gate for boarding...

We were informed that there was a delay, so we continued to wait...

Then we heard some rumblings from those around us that there seemed to be some electrical malfunction, so we continued to wait...

By 2pm they moved us to another gate and told us that we would board shortly, so we continued to wait...

By 3pm they told us that the shuttles would take us to the plane and that we would be leaving shortly, so we continued to wait...

We got onto the shuttles and were taxied over to the plane where they informed us that there was an electrical fire and that the smell in the cabin would dissipate after the plane took off so we got on the plane... to my dismay the cabin was filled with the stink of an electrical fire mixed with the carcass of a rotting raccoon or something to that affect... we were handed a damp towel and instructed to place it over our face, and informed that the smell was not hazardous to our health...

After sitting on the plane for another 30 minutes and trying not to breathe in the death fumes, they attempted to start the engines, after THREE stalls most of the passengers had, had enough, so we got off of the plane...

That's when the mass pandemonium started...

After receiving no answers regarding the status of the flight, possible alternative flights, and the location of our baggage, many of the passengers began to yell at the airline representatives that were present. The yelling did not result in any additional answers but increased aggravation from the passengers involved.

Given that this was a trip that my boyfriend and I had been planning for months, I was getting seriously agitated considering how difficult it is for us to be able to take time off from work. So after getting the runaround from the airline representatives, I tracked down their manager (who I will kindly refer to as the Weasel). The Weasel is a little boy who while you may be looking him straight in the eye asking him a question, will look right past you and ignore anything you say regardless of how polite you may be. After repeatedly asking what he was going to do with the flight and all of the passengers the Weasel had the audacity to raise his voice at me and tell me that I should just get back on the plane and that he couldn't do anything for me. I told him that there was no way I was going to get back on a plane that his own flight crew was nervous about boarding. That if his own crew did not feel safe, how could he expect an entire plane full of passengers to place their lives in their hands. At that point the Weasel had the nerve to tell me that he was calling the cops if I would not stop questioning him!

The cops showed up with batons and stun-guns, and actually hauled away an older gentleman who was yelling. The Weasel also had the awesome customer service skills that he was yelling at an elderly grandmother who was concerned for her 1 year old grandson and sick husband .

Despite their incessant decrees that the plane was safe to fly, they could not get the baggage off of the plane because of an electrical malfunction. After speaking to a few other representatives it was brought to our attention that LAX has asked China Eastern to stop flying this plane because of the consistent malfunctions!

Now I might not be an engineer... but ELECTRICAL MALFUNCTION DOES NOT GIVE ME PEACE OF MIND BEFORE GETTING ON A PLANE!

Eventually around 10PM!!!! Yes that's right folk around 10 at night, we were informed that the flight has been CANCELLED DUE TO MALFUNCTIONS! YOU IDIOTS NEEDED TO WASTE AN ENTIRE DAY BEFORE YOU WOULD ADMIT TO THE FACT THAT THE PLANE WAS NOT CAPABLE OF FLYING????

We were then instructed that we would need to return to the airport at 7 the next morning, since there were no other China Eastern planes and none of the other airlines had any empty seats.

So they carted us off to some sad forsaken motel which provided us with useless food vouchers since their kitchen wouldn't be open at 7 in the morning. We went back to LAX and were placed back on the same flight and after another delay, were eventually flown to Shanghai.

THANKS A LOT YOU JERKS FOR WASTING AN ENTIRE DAY OF MY LIFE AND NOT EVEN APOLOGIZING FOR YOUR EXTREME INCOMPETENCE, LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND THE WORST FLYING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!

AND AS FOR YOU MISTER WEASEL! YOU ARE THE RUDEST LITTLE RAT MAN I HAVE EVER MET, YOU ARE LUCKY THAT, THAT POOR OLD GRANDMOTHER DIDN'T HAVE A HEART-ATTACK AFTER HOW RUDE YOU WERE TO HER! I HOPE YOU GET FIRED!
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz