Author Topic: (AT&T) Upgrade to get new phone then sell it  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Kn9ght

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
(AT&T) Upgrade to get new phone then sell it
« on: September 05, 2013, 12:40:03 PM »
Hi,
I tried to search for the same topic but I could only find one similar topic with Verizon.
So my question is: Currently I use Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am eligible for an upgrade. Yesterday, Amazon had a flash deal and I bought the Nokia Lumia 1020 for $199 with new contract. Can I sell the new phone without activating it?
Quick search on google gave me mixed answers. Some people says that the new phone has to be activated with my SIM card first, some says it's fine and I can do whatever I want.
I know a lot of people here on DD sell new phone after upgrading so I just want to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: (AT&T) Upgrade to get new phone then sell it
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »
Hi,
I tried to search for the same topic but I could only find one similar topic with Verizon.
So my question is: Currently I use Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am eligible for an upgrade. Yesterday, Amazon had a flash deal and I bought the Nokia Lumia 1020 for $199 with new contract. Can I sell the new phone without activating it?
Quick search on google gave me mixed answers. Some people says that the new phone has to be activated with my SIM card first, some says it's fine and I can do whatever I want.
I know a lot of people here on DD sell new phone after upgrading so I just want to hear your opinions. Thanks.
I know you wrote AT&T, but I had the same question about Sprint.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »
With Sprint you don't have to activate the phone though sometimes you have to call and have them "detach" it from your account. Simple.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »
With Sprint you don't have to activate the phone though sometimes you have to call and have them "detach" it from your account. Simple.
Thanks.