Author Topic: extending car lease (toyota)  (Read 11256 times)

Offline @jack123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
extending car lease (toyota)
« on: September 09, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »
anyone have experience extending a lease with toyota? i have a good price on a camry id like to extend for a while. originally i was told when i took this over from someone else that its no problem to extend 6 months on month to month basis, and after that its case by case. now theyre telling me you have to have a good reason to extend (not just good price) so they wont do it. anyone have experience or advice? thanks in advance..

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Re: extending car lease (toyota)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:54 PM »
I know it's not quite answering your question, but I did it with Honda for six months without an issue and I was told it's no different with Toyota. I told Honda I was waiting for a good deal. They even tried some on me, but I waited. I guess call again.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »
anyone have experience extending a lease with toyota? i have a good price on a camry id like to extend for a while. originally i was told when i took this over from someone else that its no problem to extend 6 months on month to month basis, and after that its case by case. now theyre telling me you have to have a good reason to extend (not just good price) so they wont do it. anyone have experience or advice? thanks in advance..

You'd think that it would usually be worthwhile for them. You're paying the same monthly amount for a worse car - meaning that the monthly depreciation of the value becomes less and less (in pure dollars) as time goes on. The car companies should be taking that in a heartbeat. They only consideration I can think of is that the market for your car has improved so they want to get it back ASAP so they can sell it quickly and take advantage.

Offline Shkop

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:12 PM »
I just got my Toyota extended for 6 months. It was very easy.I actually have a very cheap deal and all the rep asked me was for a reason why I would want to extend it. I told him that I'm looking for a good deal etc etc , they mailed me a form to fill out and that was it.

I'm not sure why you are having issues. It could be that you spoke to the wrong rep. Maybe HUCA.
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline judahk88

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
Or it could be that since you took over someone else's lease they won't let you extend. Is the lease still under the first persons name?

Offline @jack123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »
thanks for the responses. a supervisor's supervisor finally approved but it was pretty annoying. i dont think it was related to having taken over someone elses (its in my name now). maybe it was because its pretty cheap (170/mo for camry) but hard to know for sure- there was just some note on the account telling whoever i spoke to not to let me extend but finally someone approved after he confirmed i had definitely been told it could be extended... thanks again

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
thanks for the responses. a supervisor's supervisor finally approved but it was pretty annoying. i dont think it was related to having taken over someone elses (its in my name now). maybe it was because its pretty cheap (170/mo for camry) but hard to know for sure- there was just some note on the account telling whoever i spoke to not to let me extend but finally someone approved after he confirmed i had definitely been told it could be extended... thanks again
170 for Camry!! Did it come with an engine and tires?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline judahk88

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:49:48 AM »
170 for Camry!! Did it come with an engine and tires?
I just returned a Camry that I was paying $166 a month.

Offline @jack123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
170 was from after their recall and they had some promo for college grads so the guy i took it over from got it then and then i took it over so didnt even have any bank fee, etc:)