DansDeals Forum > General Discussion

extending car lease (toyota)

(1/2) > >>

@jack123:
anyone have experience extending a lease with toyota? i have a good price on a camry id like to extend for a while. originally i was told when i took this over from someone else that its no problem to extend 6 months on month to month basis, and after that its case by case. now theyre telling me you have to have a good reason to extend (not just good price) so they wont do it. anyone have experience or advice? thanks in advance..

Mutty:
I know it's not quite answering your question, but I did it with Honda for six months without an issue and I was told it's no different with Toyota. I told Honda I was waiting for a good deal. They even tried some on me, but I waited. I guess call again.

skyguy918:

--- Quote from: jack123 on September 09, 2013, 12:26:21 PM ---anyone have experience extending a lease with toyota? i have a good price on a camry id like to extend for a while. originally i was told when i took this over from someone else that its no problem to extend 6 months on month to month basis, and after that its case by case. now theyre telling me you have to have a good reason to extend (not just good price) so they wont do it. anyone have experience or advice? thanks in advance..

--- End quote ---

You'd think that it would usually be worthwhile for them. You're paying the same monthly amount for a worse car - meaning that the monthly depreciation of the value becomes less and less (in pure dollars) as time goes on. The car companies should be taking that in a heartbeat. They only consideration I can think of is that the market for your car has improved so they want to get it back ASAP so they can sell it quickly and take advantage.

Shkop:
I just got my Toyota extended for 6 months. It was very easy.I actually have a very cheap deal and all the rep asked me was for a reason why I would want to extend it. I told him that I'm looking for a good deal etc etc , they mailed me a form to fill out and that was it.

I'm not sure why you are having issues. It could be that you spoke to the wrong rep. Maybe HUCA.

judahk88:
Or it could be that since you took over someone else's lease they won't let you extend. Is the lease still under the first persons name?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version