Author Topic: Frankfurt Master Thread  (Read 103058 times)

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: Frankfurt Master Thread
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:30 AM »

Keep in mind the PP and LC passes are for the lounge prior security.(its a big airport,you dont want to walk through twice).
The club card pass allows to the nice Lufthansa lounges in the terminals.

Very large, i did some extra walking last time and swear Ill never do it double again. But i was rewarded to the lufthansa lounge with my Club Card and *Gold and had a VERY good shower.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2013, 09:20:15 AM »
Keep in mind the PP and LC passes are for the lounge prior security.(its a big airport,you dont want to walk through twice).
The club card pass allows to the nice Lufthansa lounges in the terminals.
-1  I've gone inside myself.

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »
From which gate does SQ depart? SQ/FRA/Flightaware/flightstats aren't showing anything.
IIRC its B62 or B26, did any do it lately?

Offline lfas25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else, so if a mod wants to move this feel free, or if someone wants to make a Wiki with this info that could be done as well.

In short here is my TR from Frankfurt. (I do have pics if anyone wants I could add, I tried taking some "identifying" pics so it could be easy to explain where the locations are)

I arrived around 7 am, met some friends that landed about an hour later. We rented a van (as we were 7 people) with a GPS, and went to Worms. In Worms we davened in the Rashi Shul, checked out the Mikvah, dent in the wall, and the room where they say Rashi would learn/ talk to people. There is a chair built into the wall which they say is Rashi’s chair. We went to the Museum, not a whole lot of interesting things there but they gave us a map which helped us find the cemetery (info below)

We then went to Michelstadt, from Michelstadt we went back to Frankfurt. We went to the Old Old Cemetery, then to Zohar to eat and went back to the Airport. Below are all the addresses and or tips I have on finding these locations:

Worms:
Hintere Judengasse 6 67547 Worms – is the address for the Jewish Museum in the Rashi House
If you google “synagogenplatz 67547 Worms” you’ll see the parking lot where we parked and the Shul is right there.

According to Google, this is the address for the cemetery: Willy-Brandt-Ring 21, 67547 Worms, Germany ‎ if you look on Google maps it puts the location pretty close if not exactly by the entrance. We parked illegally on the sidewalk, I am not sure where there is real parking close by.

Michelstadt:
Am Stadion 11, Michelstadt, Germany
GPS brought us there with no issue it’s on the left side of the street. There are street signs directing you there as well.

Frankfurt:
Old Old Cemetery:
Battonnstraße 32 Frankfurt, Germany   
It will be on your right side. If you go to google maps and type this address in, if you click onto street view you will see the fence of the cemetery on the right side. I didn’t realize this and drove right by it..
(if you notice on the fence of the cemetery they have a small “brick” attached to the wall with a name, DOB, DOD & Location for each Jew from Frankfurt that was murdered during WW2) (1 very famous one there is Anne Frank)

Food:
Zohar
Savignystrasse 66 Frankfurt am Main, Hessen 60325
It’s a large building, seems like it’s a Community Center. They have security there, and they asked us for ID before they let us into the building. The food was good, not great. They only wanted cash and may have overpriced the conversion as we only had US dollars. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Preferred language there was Yiddish or Hebrew.
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
Preferred language there was Yiddish or Hebrew.

im sure german is fine too

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »
im sure german is fine too

I hope that was obvious...

Offline deals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else, so if a mod wants to move this feel free, or if someone wants to make a Wiki with this info that could be done as well.

In short here is my TR from Frankfurt. (I do have pics if anyone wants I could add, I tried taking some "identifying" pics so it could be easy to explain where the locations are)

I arrived around 7 am, met some friends that landed about an hour later. We rented a van (as we were 7 people) with a GPS, and went to Worms. In Worms we davened in the Rashi Shul, checked out the Mikvah, dent in the wall, and the room where they say Rashi would learn/ talk to people. There is a chair built into the wall which they say is Rashi’s chair. We went to the Museum, not a whole lot of interesting things there but they gave us a map which helped us find the cemetery (info below)

We then went to Michelstadt, from Michelstadt we went back to Frankfurt. We went to the Old Old Cemetery, then to Zohar to eat and went back to the Airport. Below are all the addresses and or tips I have on finding these locations:

Worms:
Hintere Judengasse 6 67547 Worms – is the address for the Jewish Museum in the Rashi House
If you google “synagogenplatz 67547 Worms” you’ll see the parking lot where we parked and the Shul is right there.

According to Google, this is the address for the cemetery: Willy-Brandt-Ring 21, 67547 Worms, Germany ‎ if you look on Google maps it puts the location pretty close if not exactly by the entrance. We parked illegally on the sidewalk, I am not sure where there is real parking close by.

Michelstadt:
Am Stadion 11, Michelstadt, Germany
GPS brought us there with no issue it’s on the left side of the street. There are street signs directing you there as well.

Frankfurt:
Old Old Cemetery:
Battonnstraße 32 Frankfurt, Germany   
It will be on your right side. If you go to google maps and type this address in, if you click onto street view you will see the fence of the cemetery on the right side. I didn’t realize this and drove right by it..
(if you notice on the fence of the cemetery they have a small “brick” attached to the wall with a name, DOB, DOD & Location for each Jew from Frankfurt that was murdered during WW2) (1 very famous one there is Anne Frank)

Food:
Zohar
Savignystrasse 66 Frankfurt am Main, Hessen 60325
It’s a large building, seems like it’s a Community Center. They have security there, and they asked us for ID before they let us into the building. The food was good, not great. They only wanted cash and may have overpriced the conversion as we only had US dollars. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Preferred language there was Yiddish or Hebrew.

nice report

in frankfurt u have 2 jewish cemeteries

i worms u also have the old gate next to the shul with jewish lettering

Offline lfas25

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
nice report

in frankfurt u have 2 jewish cemeteries

i worms u also have the old gate next to the shul with jewish lettering

Yes in Frankfurt I only made it to the "old old cemetery" as my friends were getting very hungry and edgy. Also we missed the cemetery and went driving around for 25 minutes because I thought I had the wrong address as I couldn't tell that the cemetery was there on the right side.

Offline nathan13

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
Hi, i am going to be in Frankfurt on a 11 hour daytime stop over, does anybody know of a driver i can hire that knows his way around for the day?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »
Hi, i am going to be in Frankfurt on a 11 hour daytime stop over, does anybody know of a driver i can hire that knows his way around for the day?
http://www.yeckes.com/

Offline chani21

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »
Anybody going to be in Frankfurt November 26th?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
Top recommendations for a 9 hour stop on Monday?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2013, 01:07:33 AM »
Top recommendations for a 9 hour stop on Monday?
into visiting old cemetery? The pnei yhoshua is in Frankfurt

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »
How much time do I need for that?

My wife would do that as long as we also do it with something else.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »

about 4 hrs.

Offline Feivish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »

If you take out a car you should be able to push in Worms and maybe Michelstadt as well, if not check the trains.

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
If you take out a car you should be able to push in Worms and maybe Michelstadt as well, if not check the trains.
and mainz.
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »
You guys just rented from airport?

Offline Feivish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
No as I was coming from Munich, IMO you should be able to make 2/3 of the places YMMV.

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Avis Prefered
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 02:17:54 AM »
Anything interesting to see in Franfurt besides cemeteries? Looking into a 12-15 hour stopover.
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Dr Seuss