Author Topic: Gazelle Vs. Apple Vs. Walmart Vs. Amazon etc.  (Read 681 times)

Offline puddles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Gazelle Vs. Apple Vs. Walmart Vs. Amazon etc.
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
I am sure there are a lot of people that will be upgrading to new iPhone's in the near future. I have used eBay and Craigslist in the past but am looking for something more hassle free and after doing some research have found that the below listed companies have the best iPhone buyback programs.

Gazelle-Cash, lower payout
Apple-Must be used towards new purchase in store, higher payout
Walmart- Must be used towards new purchase in store, higher payout
Amazon- Amazon credit, higher payout than all above (for fair condition)
NextDirect- Cash, decent value

Of course, there is always the eBay route (with possible chargeback, high eBay and Paypal fees etc) which will pay more than the above. The average price for a used iPhone 4S on eBay was ~$250. Thats about $75-$100 higher than most websites but you have to factor about 14% will go to eBay and PayPal.

Craigslist is the best option if you have the time and patience. You will get spammed. You will have people offer you extremely low amounts of money that are just trying to waste your time. The upside is you will have cash and no one will come after you later if there is an issue.
(I would recommend not giving your cell number out and creating a second email address just for Craigslist. Use a variation of your real one, just so that you don't get too spammed)

If anyone has experience or recommendations please share!