Author Topic: Converting Bank of America credit cards  (Read 2137 times)

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Converting Bank of America credit cards
« on: September 14, 2013, 01:07:37 AM »
So I lived chatted with a BofA agent about converting my Virgin Atlantic card to a Better Balance Rewards card, and they said they can do it, but that I will still be charged the annual fee every year of $90 even after I convert to a No-AF card?

Anyone ever heard that before?

Offline peace123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Converting Bank of America credit cards
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:05:42 AM »
So I lived chatted with a BofA agent about converting my Virgin Atlantic card to a Better Balance Rewards card, and they said they can do it, but that I will still be charged the annual fee every year of $90 even after I convert to a No-AF card?

Anyone ever heard that before?
you you need to be careful with BOA card customer service. it doesn't exist and they are useless.

I and my sister had horrible experience regarding card conversion with BOA. The manager promised it would never be a HARD PULL and after  converting it, We saw hard inquiry on our credit report.We called and complained to highest managers, insisted on them to listen to call record and they said yes and ok, but  3 weeks later there was another hard pull. We canceled it later cos they don't have any cards worth  using for MF spending.

Offline doobie

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Converting Bank of America credit cards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:50:44 AM »
Anyone had any luck recently converting their BofA Virgin card to a non-AF card such as Travel Rewards or Cash Rewards. I tried calling and after being on hold for over 30 mins they said they couldn't and no retention offer either - I suspect it was because my spend on the card was relatively low - mainly because I use my Chase Sapphire more. I've seen other postings that it is possible https://www.thepointsmom.com/i-switched-my-boa-virgin-atlantic-card-to-a-no-fee-travel-rewards-card-thx-boa/