Author Topic: Credit Score Problem-Repair My Credit Score-90 days late  (Read 1294 times)

Offline dorianiks

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Credit Score Problem-Repair My Credit Score-90 days late
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was attempting to refinance my student loan debt and realized I have a huge problem. I was unemployed for a while last year and stopped making payments on my debt and did not request a forbearance promptly. As a result, I have a "90 day late" mark on my credit score. This is with a servicer for US government student loans, Nelnet. I was told that my application to refinance would be rejected due to the 90 and was advised to withdraw my refi application, which I did. I called Nelnet and spoke to manager after manager and was advised that it was their policy to never remove credit blemishes no matter what.

So my question is first: has anyone had a 90 day late mark by Nelnet or another US government student loan servicer removed? If so, how? Otherwise, any other advice regarding how to approach or get around Nelnet.

Second: if I can't get this 90 removed, do you have any other advice regarding other methods to boost my score? I have a strong income baruch hashem (100k plus W2) and no debt other than my student loan debt and car loan. I guess I should open more credit cards? What else can I do?

Thank you so much!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Score Problem-Repair My Credit Score-90 days late
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was attempting to refinance my student loan debt and realized I have a huge problem. I was unemployed for a while last year and stopped making payments on my debt and did not request a forbearance promptly. As a result, I have a "90 day late" mark on my credit score. This is with a servicer for US government student loans, Nelnet. I was told that my application to refinance would be rejected due to the 90 and was advised to withdraw my refi application, which I did. I called Nelnet and spoke to manager after manager and was advised that it was their policy to never remove credit blemishes no matter what.

So my question is first: has anyone had a 90 day late mark by Nelnet or another US government student loan servicer removed? If so, how? Otherwise, any other advice regarding how to approach or get around Nelnet.

Second: if I can't get this 90 removed, do you have any other advice regarding other methods to boost my score? I have a strong income baruch hashem (100k plus W2) and no debt other than my student loan debt and car loan. I guess I should open more credit cards? What else can I do?

Thank you so much!
You'll probably get better help for this on Creditboards.

Offline Torkay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
@pillansmye

Offline JoeyShmoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
@PillanSmye
@PillanSmye

ETA: Wierd, your post is underlined in my quote but not in your actual post, I didn't change anything in the quote...
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »
@PillanSmye

ETA: Wierd, your post is underlined in my quote but not in your actual post, I didn't change anything in the quote...
pretty cool @myi  i was typing out the whole coding all you have to do is put the @ and the members name.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501