Author Topic: Argentina Master Thread  (Read 92125 times)

Offline YYZOGG

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina Master Thread
« Reply #765 on: February 02, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »
The answer to this is : The only way to walk with Penguins is booking a full 6 - 8 hour tour.  Any agency that sells this tour buys it from one company that has the rights to the island. I believe only 40 people can do this tour each day as its Government controlled as not to disturb the Penguins.  The company is called Pira Tours and the email is info@piratour.net . I recommend booking directly for a number of reasons.

#1 Will be the cheapest
#2 If you book with another agency , they can cancel you last minute even if you pay! (will refund)

Do not mistakenly book a boat ride that lets you see the penguins from the boat. Make sure to book "Walk with the penguins"  This was one of the most awesome travel experiences we have done with the children and they have been all over the map!

Offline YYZOGG

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina Master Thread
« Reply #766 on: February 02, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »
In the end we canceled the PH and stayed in The Alvear Palace as they accommodated every request i asked for before we arrived including a discount and an upgrade to a descent size suite . The hotel felt like a Palace, stunning and service was better then any st regis i have visited. The walk was around 8 minutes to chabad of Recoleta, They have Shabbat locks, and the walk to Chabad Friday night meal is 60 seconds from hotel.  As Dan mentioned before This was the best chabad food we have experienced!