Author Topic: Jordan Master Thread  (Read 42148 times)

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Master Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »
Is there a problem crossing with tfillin?
Yes, I was asking if there is an issue.

I crossed today and turns out there is, it's really up to their mood apparently, and you can get lucky and sneak by with it. However most likely they will find it and not let you cross with it. That's what happened to us, we had to go back to Israel and leave it in our car.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2020, 05:16:56 PM »
Yes, I was asking if there is an issue.

I crossed today and turns out there is, it's really up to their mood apparently, and you can get lucky and sneak by with it. However most likely they will find it and not let you cross with it. That's what happened to us, we had to go back to Israel and leave it in our car.
Wow...

I was told that if you go in low-profile, as in, not placing tfillin on the custom agents, you should be alright.
Turns out I heard wrong.

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 04, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »
Wow...

I was told that if you go in low-profile, as in, not placing tfillin on the custom agents, you should be alright.
Turns out I heard wrong.
We traveled as low profile as possible to try to not look so Jewish, but they saw the tefillin in the x-ray and that was all... Once they saw the tefillin they even made one of us take off his hat to see if there was a yarmulka, also pull up shirt to check for tzitzis... BH we were able to go back to the Israeli border and they let us leave the tefillin at the border like this it didn't officially consider it as and another exit so we didn't have to pay the vat tax