Author Topic: Unlock iPhone 4S sprint for international use!  (Read 13823 times)

Offline Shneur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Unlock iPhone 4S sprint for international use!
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:13:19 AM »
Does anyone know if/how or where I can unlock a iphone 4s from sprint for international use? and how much it would cost? would a gevey sim work (i have iOS 7)?
P.S. I was told by someone that bc my phone's IMEI # starts with 9900 it is harder to unlock and will cost more... does anyone know anything about that?

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Unlock iPhone 4S sprint for international use!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 03:15:48 AM »
Does anyone know if/how or where I can unlock a iphone 4s from sprint for international use? and how much it would cost? would a gevey sim work (i have iOS 7)?
P.S. I was told by someone that bc my phone's IMEI # starts with 9900 it is harder to unlock and will cost more... does anyone know anything about that?

Call sprint. They do it all the time
Visibly Jewish

Offline Shneur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »
I dont have a account with sprint, and wither way it has to be activated on sprint for at least 90 days for them to do it. and im going to israel next week

Offline DanH

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 06:53:52 AM »
PM me your IMEI.
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline RJ898

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
If Danh's method doesn't work, try ebay.
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline DanH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
Don't have anything to offer at the moment.  One site is unavailable, the other one costs $150.  Waiting for a reply by email for another.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:29:04 PM by DanH »

Offline DanH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Do you care to jailbreak your phone?  You can get an unlock sim for cheap from ebay...

Offline Shneur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:44 PM »
if I jailbreak it, firstly how much would it cost? Is it that plus the unlock fee or one price? Also, are you sure you can jailbreak ios 7?

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »
if I jailbreak it, firstly how much would it cost? Is it that plus the unlock fee or one price? Also, are you sure you can jailbreak ios 7?

Legitimate jailbreaking (from teams like the iphonedev team) are always free. This however doesn't necessarily get you an unlock. I'm not so familiar with sprint unlocking methods but unlocks these days usually are via IMEI unlocks (think eBay) and not software unlocks from things like jailbreaking.

Also iOS 7 is not yet able to be jailbroken through any public tools.

Easiest thing would be to sell it and get a AT&T iphone which are super cheap and easy to unlock on eBay (like $2).

Offline Mutty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
Can someone point me in the right direction where unlocking is explained? What it means if you're going to Israel once in a while. I have an ATT Iphone. Where does this help in phone calls, messages and emails? Thanks
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 06:07:58 PM »
Can someone point me in the right direction where unlocking is explained? What it means if you're going to Israel once in a while. I have an ATT Iphone. Where does this help in phone calls, messages and emails? Thanks

It means if you have a local Israeli working SIM you could put it in your ATT phone and it will work.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »

Try swift unlocks (company name) to unlock att iPhones for $2-3.
Google it.
Visibly Jewish

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
Legitimate jailbreaking (from teams like the iphonedev team) are always free. This however doesn't necessarily get you an unlock. I'm not so familiar with sprint unlocking methods but unlocks these days usually are via IMEI unlocks (think eBay) and not software unlocks from things like jailbreaking.

Also iOS 7 is not yet able to be jailbroken through any public tools.

Easiest thing would be to sell it and get a AT&T iphone which are super cheap and easy to unlock on eBay (like $2).

Please explain A T & T IPhones being super cheap :). Or did I take that out of context ?

Where to get A T & T unlocked IPhone reasonable ?
Thanks

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
Try swift unlocks (company name) to unlock att iPhones for $2-3.
Google it.

Have you used the site before? Have a friend looking to unlock an iPhone 5 on att. This doesn't jailbreak it or anything , correct ?

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
Have you used the site before? Have a friend looking to unlock an iPhone 5 on att. This doesn't jailbreak it or anything , correct ?
used before. Very simple. Correct. Att can also do it for free if you have been with them for a few months.

Offline DanH

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:49 AM »
As stated by others in this thread, it is much easier, cheaper, and faster to unlock AT&T (without even needing to jailbreak).

To whoever asked about jailbreaking and then unlocking - there are "unlock cards" that don't cost too much that allow you to use any SIM.  I don't recommend this method though..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:35:56 AM by DanH »

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
As stated by others in this thread, it is much easier, cheaper, and faster to unlock AT&T (without even needing to jailbreak).

To whoever asked about jailbreaking and then unlocking - there are "unlock cards" that don't cost too much that allow you to use any SIM.  I don't recommend this method though..

If someone wnats me t buy one and bring to Europe unlocked for full Apple non contract price , which version should I buy at Apple 

A T & T unlocked or Tmobile , or just plain vanilla GSM unlocked ? Apple doesnt like to give out info on buying to take to Europe

Thanks 

FYI I am waiting on CSR @ sprint to approve unlocking my new 5S under contract .
they have to review my account

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »

I don't know anything about that particular site, which is why I prefer eBay where they have a seller rating and you can see if it has worked for others.

I have an At&t iPhone 5 I unlocked through eBay IMEI unlock - been using it for almost a year now in Israel on Golan and used it on t-mobile when I was stateside.

These unlocks run the IMEI number (sort of like a serial number) of your phone through a restricted registry and enable your phone to be unlocked the same way apple does it. No jailbreaking required.

Please explain A T & T IPhones being super cheap :). Or did I take that out of context ?

Where to get A T & T unlocked IPhone reasonable ?
Thanks

You can unlock for cheap, not the phone itself. Best place is either eBay or craigslist if you're comfortable with it.

If someone wnats me t buy one and bring to Europe unlocked for full Apple non contract price , which version should I buy at Apple 

A T & T unlocked or Tmobile , or just plain vanilla GSM unlocked ? Apple doesnt like to give out info on buying to take to Europe

Which model? If you're talking about the 5s, there is no unlocked At&t 5s, only the T-mobile model (A1533) comes unlocked, which is essentially a 'vanilla GSM' unlocked iPhone that just comes with a t-mobile sim. Doesn't need to be used, AFAIK. As far as this working in Europe it will, but it's missing LTE band 7, so the 4G service might not be perfect depending on where you are / what carrier they're using. See here http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/. Otherwise, it should do just fine.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:35 PM »
used before. Very simple. Correct. Att can also do it for free if you have been with them for a few months.

How long does it take to get the code?

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »
I don't know anything about that particular site, which is why I prefer eBay where they have a seller rating and you can see if it has worked for others.

I have an At&t iPhone 5 I unlocked through eBay IMEI unlock - been using it for almost a year now in Israel on Golan and used it on t-mobile when I was stateside.

These unlocks run the IMEI number (sort of like a serial number) of your phone through a restricted registry and enable your phone to be unlocked the same way apple does it. No jailbreaking required.

You can unlock for cheap, not the phone itself. Best place is either eBay or craigslist if you're comfortable with it.

Which model? If you're talking about the 5s, there is no unlocked At&t 5s, only the T-mobile model (A1533) comes unlocked, which is essentially a 'vanilla GSM' unlocked iPhone that just comes with a t-mobile sim. Doesn't need to be used, AFAIK. As far as this working in Europe it will, but it's missing LTE band 7, so the 4G service might not be perfect depending on where you are / what carrier they're using. See here http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/. Otherwise, it should do just fine.

Wow Thanks. Looks like the Vodaphone or Cosmote LTE in Greece does not work on Iphone 5 S.

Maybe Apple is forcing people  to buy a European version ?  Is there any such thing ?