Author Topic: ObamaCare Is Live  (Read 20389 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: ObamaCare Is Live
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
I don't get it, saying that he DIDN'T know about it (while all the conservatives were earning about it from the beginning) would make him sound really nearsighted...

אז ממה נפשך הוא ממזר
Visibly Jewish

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
Quote from: yuneeq link=topic=32670.msg614014#hmsg614014 date=1383093837
אז ממה נפשך הוא ממזר
That we knew from the beginning, question is, I'd he evil or a fool?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
A friend of mine with one kid, family is healthy bh, started to make a little more money and wants to move up to private insurance. He was quoted by a broker 20k a year as the cheapest decent plan! And it even comes with a $2,500 deductible.

Insane!
Visibly Jewish

Offline itsyehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »
A friend of mine with one kid, family is healthy bh, started to make a little more money and wants to move up to private insurance. He was quoted by a broker 20k a year as the cheapest decent plan! And it even comes with a $2,500 deductible.

Insane!

It's not much better from a small - medium business.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

Insane!
Sounds very high to me.

Before Talia we were paying $560.22/month for the 3 of us with a $1,500 deductible and 100% coverage with no copay after deductible and 100% coverage with no copay on preventative visits at any time.
Both the premium and deductible are tax-deductible as I'm self-employed and use an HSA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »
Sounds very high to me.
I wonder where this guy lives. NY and NJ already have high premiums and in fact are supposedly some of the few states that will actually have lower premiums under obamacare.

Offline claker

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »
I wonder where this guy lives. NY and NJ already have high premiums and in fact are supposedly some of the few states that will actually have lower premiums under obamacare.

I wouldn't count on it....

I live in NY and just received notice that my policy is cancelled as of year end and replaced with a new one....with a 35% increase in premium and some other changes including a new provider network that none of my doctors are on.

My broker is looking for options but warned me that  any new policy will come with similar premium increases or higher

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »

NY

I wouldn't blame him if he starts looking for ways to be poor!
Visibly Jewish

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2013, 12:21:11 AM »
I don't understand how people are only waking up now.

Conservatives were screaming themselves dry about the real facts of Obamacare since way back in 2009, but nobody gave a damn. Mitt Romney hammered Obama in the debates about it, but again, nobody gave a damn.

What changed now? Why do people suddenly care? NOW you start wondering why your insurance dropped you?

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »
I don't understand how people are only waking up now.

Conservatives were screaming themselves dry about the real facts of Obamacare since way back in 2009, but nobody gave a damn. Mitt Romney hammered Obama in the debates about it, but again, nobody gave a damn.

What changed now? Why do people suddenly care? NOW you start wondering why your insurance dropped you?

Most of us here gave a damn and voted that way. We always cared, and we knew this would happen. But having knowledge of a hurricane's path doesn't make it hurt any less when it hits.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2013, 07:13:55 AM »
Knowing the GOP they'll let this pass and you won't even hear about it come election time...

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
Most of us here gave a damn and voted that way.
- Meshugener
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »
I wouldn't count on it....

I live in NY and just received notice that my policy is cancelled as of year end and replaced with a new one....with a 35% increase in premium and some other changes including a new provider network that none of my doctors are on.

My broker is looking for options but warned me that  any new policy will come with similar premium increases or higher

Damn insurance cos are smart, they're raising the premiums and blaming it on Obama.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
Damn insurance cos are smart, they're raising the premiums and blaming it on Obama.
no...they're raising premiums because they're canceling all their bare-bone "catastrophic" plans which are no longer up to snuff under ACA.  They're replacing them with beefed up plans which are obviously going to be significantly more expensive.

Of course we (or rather, people familiar with the provisions of the act) knew that ins. cos were going to be required to beef up plans.  We also knew that existing plans were going to be grandfathered in, as Obama promised.

However, HHS regulations adopted pursuant to the ACA require that any plan which has undergone changes since 2010- as minor as changes to premium, deductible, co-pays, or coverage- lose grandfathered status.  This essentially blunts the grandfather clause.

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »
no...they're raising premiums because they're canceling all their bare-bone "catastrophic" plans which are no longer up to snuff under ACA.  They're replacing them with beefed up plans which are obviously going to be significantly more expensive.

Of course we (or rather, people familiar with the provisions of the act) knew that ins. cos were going to be required to beef up plans.  We also knew that existing plans were going to be grandfathered in, as Obama promised.

However, HHS regulations adopted pursuant to the ACA require that any plan which has undergone changes since 2010- as minor as changes to premium, deductible, co-pays, or coverage- lose grandfathered status.  This essentially blunts the grandfather clause.

Well said.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34:12 PM »
Liars Liars Liars

Sebelius said Obama had not broken his promise because plans that have existed since the law was signed have had the option of remaining unchanged.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-healthcare-website-20131030,0,1315422.story

Offline zale

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58:18 PM »

These "catastrophic" plans have sufficed for millions of Americans. A healthy American does not need to visit the doctor twice a week. Most American families consist of one or two children, and so maternity coverage is not all that important. Many people pay for specialized dental procedures (i.e. root canals, crowns etc.) in cash, and they are not required that often.

Regarding hospital coverage, for those that don't have it in their plan, if they do end up in the hospital, they opt to settle with the hospital with a long term payout plan and a highly reduced bill.

And now for the most idiotic requirement of Obamacare:

"The Affordable Care Act requires plans and issuers that offer dependent coverage to make the coverage available until a child reaches the age of 26. Both married and unmarried children qualify for this coverage"

First, at 26 you should be making your own damn living, not living off of your parents. What the hell has this country come to?

Second, married children included? I'm not even going to begin commenting on this one...

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2013, 02:08:02 PM »

And they're happy to sell you a more expensive plan with a higher premium (and more profits in their pocket), that's all I'm saying.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline good sam

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
First, at 26 you should be making your own damn living, not living off of your parents. What the hell has this country the yeshiva velt come to?
With one minor change you sound like a lot of people I know.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:14:47 PM by good sam »

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
I gotta admit, the ACA is disappointing.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.