Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 680302 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #1840 on: July 29, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
lol...there are reviews scattered in other threads.
I searched for DOMA, and the comments I quoted were the only relevant results, including other threads.
I went. Was really good. Ambiance is amazing and service is top notch. I would highly recommend a reservation because it gets full every night. We left at 9 and people were still waiting to be seated.
We started with pulled beef tacos. While really good, I think the whole pulled beef taco craze is overdone. They had pickled onions on theirs which was nice touch.
We split the tomahawk rib eye for 2. was phenomenal! I was picking some of the crispy parts off the bone and the waiter told me to just pick it up and dive right in. Everyone does  ;D
For dessert we got the donuts which were excellent as well. We really likes the custard sauce.
Best part was, we had a Manhattan experience and were home 6 minutes later.
Thanks, great start. I'm going with a party of 12 (we have a reservation, they answered emails on Friday despite being closed) so the more dishes I gather info on the better.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 29, 2018, 11:06:03 AM »
How is there not one review, or even just recommendations, for DOMA, in this thread?

ETA:
I'm gonna just @ notify people who have posted about it, maybe someone has actually gone and wants to write about it.
@Sport @zevi @mochjas @nafnaf12 @Shmuel4
I went and was very impressed with the food and ambiance. Top notch, Manhattan level steak house. My only gripe was their service, it wasn't terrible but not the best, nothing that would stop me from returning though. Overall I highly recommend and I look forward to returning.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 29, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
Cant go to DOMA w/o getting the flatbread IMO

Online ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:41 AM »
Cant go to DOMA w/o getting the flatbread IMO

we strongly considered it but didn't want to fill up too soon. in general I find flatbread more bread than stuff on top. Is theirs different?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 30, 2018, 12:57:34 AM »
I'm going with a party of 12 (we have a reservation, they answered emails on Friday despite being closed) so the more dishes I gather info on the better.
Beef tacos were excellent, as was the lamb kebab flatbread. I had a small bite of a Nantucket slider and that was good too, though not quote at the same level as the other two.

The skirt steak was okay at best - my brother was raving about it and I figured that was the better option as it comes with some vegetables on the side and costs a few bucks less than the other steak options. Ultimately it was much too salty, and the vegetables, while good, didn't add that much to the plate. My other brother gave me a bite off his rib steak and that was definitely the way to go for only $4 more. Though the truth is the burger (which I also tasted since my mother couldn't finish her's) might be the best value of the bunch.

The donuts were great - all but one of us much preferred the custard dip over the chocolate dip, as it was almost too bitter. I had a little nibble off my father's strawberry waffles and they were really good. I didn't bother trying the key lime dessert that someone ordered, as I know I don't like that top of thing anyway. I was shocked to see multiple tables around us ordering the cotton candy as part of their desserts. It must be the novelty, because I can't imagine another reason to spend $14 on freaking cotton candy.

There were also some other items ordered that I didn't taste or get any feedback on, including onion soup, beef vegetable soup, and the chop chop salad. All in all, very good food, though some dishes seemed much more worthwhile than others. One other thing to note is that a lot of the prices on the site are not current, and there are some things added/removed.

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: July 30, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
DOes anyone know when Juds is opening up? or Mikes Burgers reopening?

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 30, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
Beef tacos were excellent, as was the lamb kebab flatbread. I had a small bite of a Nantucket slider and that was good too, though not quote at the same level as the other two.

The skirt steak was okay at best - my brother was raving about it and I figured that was the better option as it comes with some vegetables on the side and costs a few bucks less than the other steak options. Ultimately it was much too salty, and the vegetables, while good, didn't add that much to the plate. My other brother gave me a bite off his rib steak and that was definitely the way to go for only $4 more. Though the truth is the burger (which I also tasted since my mother couldn't finish her's) might be the best value of the bunch.

The donuts were great - all but one of us much preferred the custard dip over the chocolate dip, as it was almost too bitter. I had a little nibble off my father's strawberry waffles and they were really good. I didn't bother trying the key lime dessert that someone ordered, as I know I don't like that top of thing anyway. I was shocked to see multiple tables around us ordering the cotton candy as part of their desserts. It must be the novelty, because I can't imagine another reason to spend $14 on freaking cotton candy.

There were also some other items ordered that I didn't taste or get any feedback on, including onion soup, beef vegetable soup, and the chop chop salad. All in all, very good food, though some dishes seemed much more worthwhile than others. One other thing to note is that a lot of the prices on the site are not current, and there are some things added/removed.
Nice review . When the waiter suggested cotton candy I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. I asked if it's a special type and he said no . People order it though

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 30, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »
DOes anyone know when Juds is opening up? or Mikes Burgers reopening?
judd is hoping to do a soft opening next week but dont count on it. either way it should open in the next few weeks

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 02, 2018, 09:59:06 AM »
Seeking a 2 bedroom apartment in Far Rockaway for under $1800 a month. Thank in advance

Offline Yankee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 03, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
Seeking a 2 bedroom apartment in Far Rockaway for under $1800 a month. Thank in advance

If you're still looking I suggest getting on the Whatsapp group called 5T/FR apartments 2.0 ( assuming you aren't on there already).

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 05, 2018, 01:19:33 AM »
If you're still looking I suggest getting on the Whatsapp group called 5T/FR apartments 2.0 ( assuming you aren't on there already).
I'm not. How do I get on?

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 05, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
Any recommendations for a local (or someone who will come here) photographer who does outdoor child portraits? Preferably someone who takes good photos and doesn't just heavily edit mediocre photos.

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 05, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »
Any recommendations for a local (or someone who will come here) photographer who does outdoor child portraits? Preferably someone who takes good photos and doesn't just heavily edit mediocre photos.

https://www.ymuphoto.com/ Hes lives in inwood, great guy and fun to work with.

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 05, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »

http://irathomascreations.com/galleries/

Offline DP7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 05, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »
Any recommendations for someone who builds custom backyard basketball courts?

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 05, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
Any recommendations for someone who builds custom backyard basketball courts?
theres a guy everyone uses who’s very reliable does all kinds of stuff, cement brickwork carpentry etc. name is Antoinie 1 (917) 416-0530‬. You pretty much give him your idea and he does it. Very reliable guy.
Don’t forget to hondle with him-he’s been around Jews long enough to know to jack the price so it comes out to what he wanted😉
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 05, 2018, 10:12:11 PM »
New bakery opened where liquids and salads was in GG parking lot. It's called Glicks but I think it's Alan from brachs. Everything I had from there so far was great

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 05, 2018, 10:45:07 PM »
New bakery opened where liquids and salads was in GG parking lot. It's called Glicks but I think it's Alan from brachs. Everything I had from there so far was great
Alan from Brachs bought QCumbers a while ago and has been operating out of that location on Central ever since.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 05, 2018, 11:12:05 PM »
Alan from Brachs bought QCumbers a while ago and has been operating out of that location on Central ever since.
Yup . Saw that . This place has a sign that Alan is there though. Dunno

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 06, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
Trying to get a feel for finances. Ballpark figure, about how much do ppl in Far Rockaway pay for Auto Insurance? TIA