Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 698516 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #2920 on: October 05, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
The instants are not accurate. High percentage of false positives.

Why do you want to get tested anyways? When will people realize that all testing does is fuel the antisemites in the government. 20 zips have an uptick, and they are only shutting down the frum neighborhoods. They blackmailed us, telling is if we wear masks, they won't shut us down. They admitted we became good with masks, and they still shut us down.

When other minority neighborhoods had upticks, it was because Trump is a racist. When we have an uptick, its all our faults.

Wiliamsburg is not being shut down because they a are not testing. When someone gets the symptoms, they just assume they have Corona.

Why are we testing when its just being used against us!?!? They are going to rewind us to pre-Pesach shut down.

And btw, if you get Corona, 99% of the people who get it now are barely sick. It's currently weaker than the flu. A few get it serious, like the flu, and those are the ines you hear about. But most are fine.
An awful lot of assertions to unpack there.

High percentage of false positives? Source?

20 zip codes have an uptick? Source?

People became good with masks? Source?

Minority neighborhoods have had upticks since the first wave? Source?

[Testing is to prevent people from infecting others.]

99% of people who get it are barely sick? Source?

It’s “currently” weaker than the flu? Source? And what does “currently” mean? This week? Only on Yom Tov? The whole Chodesh Tishrei?

A few get it serious “like the flu”? None worse? Those people who have passed away are hoaxes? Source?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 05, 2020, 04:19:40 PM »
An awful lot of assertions to unpack there.

High percentage of false positives? Source?

20 zip codes have an uptick? Source?

People became good with masks? Source?

Minority neighborhoods have had upticks since the first wave? Source?

[Testing is to prevent people from infecting others.]

99% of people who get it are barely sick? Source?

It’s “currently” weaker than the flu? Source? And what does “currently” mean? This week? Only on Yom Tov? The whole Chodesh Tishrei?

A few get it serious “like the flu”? None worse? Those people who have passed away are hoaxes? Source?

Your obviously not up to date on the news, so let me help you.

Here us one of the many sources about the 20 locations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/10/04/nyregion/nyc-covid-shutdown-zip-codes.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232

People became good with masks is based on Dr. Katz from the NYC DOH at the conference with the Mayor where he mentioned the Bobover Rebbe. Also based on my personal observation spending two days last week in Brooklyn.

False positives is from Dr. Berman, one of the top infectious disease doctors in the country. Also, based on many I personally know about. Many classes that were sent home from local schools ended up being false positives. Speak to the schools. I did.

The 99% is based off of the hundreds of cases I know about (many not reported to government, some are) where the patients feel fine. Most just lost their taste. Also based on letter from community doctors in Lakewood where there are hundreds of cases, most not serious. This has been the case during the entire second wave.

I did not say none are worse. I said most are not serious. A small percentage are, like by the flu.

The minority neighborhoods has been one of the Democrats major talking points, as recently as during the Biden debate.

There is no reason to test. If you think you have it, just act like you do.

And don't believe the liberal media who like to inflate everything and make it look like the world will end if Trump gets reelected.

This government closed down Tag without any violations, and went so far to ban entry into the building for no reason. They used wearing masks outside (which was never required by law when social distanced) as blackmail to shut down the city. Then they shut it down anyway.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:24:53 PM by sammyp »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2922 on: October 05, 2020, 09:15:22 PM »
Your obviously not up to date on the news, so let me help you.

Here us one of the many sources about the 20 locations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/10/04/nyregion/nyc-covid-shutdown-zip-codes.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232

People became good with masks is based on Dr. Katz from the NYC DOH at the conference with the Mayor where he mentioned the Bobover Rebbe. Also based on my personal observation spending two days last week in Brooklyn.

False positives is from Dr. Berman, one of the top infectious disease doctors in the country. Also, based on many I personally know about. Many classes that were sent home from local schools ended up being false positives. Speak to the schools. I did.

The 99% is based off of the hundreds of cases I know about (many not reported to government, some are) where the patients feel fine. Most just lost their taste. Also based on letter from community doctors in Lakewood where there are hundreds of cases, most not serious. This has been the case during the entire second wave.

I did not say none are worse. I said most are not serious. A small percentage are, like by the flu.

The minority neighborhoods has been one of the Democrats major talking points, as recently as during the Biden debate.

There is no reason to test. If you think you have it, just act like you do.

And don't believe the liberal media who like to inflate everything and make it look like the world will end if Trump gets reelected.

This government closed down Tag without any violations, and went so far to ban entry into the building for no reason. They used wearing masks outside (which was never required by law when social distanced) as blackmail to shut down the city. Then they shut it down anyway.
Wow. Lot to unload. May I invite you to the COVID board where you’ll learn all about logic, math, and facts.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2923 on: October 05, 2020, 09:20:01 PM »
Wow. Lot to unload. May I invite you to the COVID board where you’ll learn all about logic, math, and facts.
Lol. Those don't get along with him. He is one of those guys who can look in a mirror to tell at those causing shutdowns.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: October 05, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »

Not sure what board you are referring to, but most of them just teach politics. Liberal Democrat politics.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: October 05, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
Not sure what board you are referring to, but most of them just teach politics. Liberal Democrat politics.
Yeah all those never Trumpers like me.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: October 05, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
Lol. Those don't get along with him. He is one of those guys who can look in a mirror to tell at those causing shutdowns.

Your English is incoherent. However, just to clarify, I already had Corona way back, I have antibodies and have tested their power quite a few times already. Nonetheless, I always wear a mask. Not because I believe on it though . But since the leftists do, I am concerned about Chilul Hashem and always wear a mask and social distance for that reason alone.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2927 on: October 05, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »
Your English is incoherent. However, just to clarify, I already had Corona way back, I have antibodies and have tested their power quite a few times already. Nonetheless, I always wear a mask. Not because I believe on it though . But since the leftists do, I am concerned about Chilul Hashem and always wear a mask and social distance for that reason alone.
Good for you. Still, maybe it’s just me, but the statements that you “tested their [the antibodies’] power quite a few times” and “I always wear a mask and social distance” seem not to jibe so well.

I was referring to the subject material, not the lecturers. Why should political affiliation matter when it comes to dissecting math and facts?

Truth be told, it’s amusing to see you hurl “Democrat” as the ultimate pejorative in your ad hominem arsenal.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: October 05, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
Good for you. Still, maybe it’s just me, but the statements that you “tested their [the antibodies’] power quite a few times” and “I always wear a mask and social distance” seem not to jibe so well.

I always wear a mask outside and in stores when required by law. I was exposed to many people who ended up testing positive in an atmosphere where a mask was not required.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: October 05, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »
Why should political affiliation matter when it comes to dissecting math and facts?

Seriously?!? Have you been living in a cave?  How can you even ask that question? The leftists have different "facts" than the realists. Its called "fake news". Do some research.  If you find out the true numbers you would be a lot more relaxed.

There is a reason why all Republican states did much better with Corona than the Democratic run states. Do researxh before denying this fact.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: October 05, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
Seriously?!? Have you been living in a cave?  How can you even ask that question? The leftists have different "facts" than the realists. Its called "fake news". Do some research.  If you find out the true numbers you would be a lot more relaxed.

There is a reason why all Republican states did much better with Corona than the Democratic run states. Do researxh before denying this fact.

But why does that mean that anyone should turn off their heads and not follow even what the Republican states did?

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: October 05, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »
But why does that mean that anyone should turn off their heads and not follow even what the Republican states did?

We already did that. Now we should be done like they are, even when they have an uptick. That is because since the second wave for some reason seems to bless lethal, and we now know how to treat it ( although unlike those states, Cuomo will not allow Covid patients to be treated with the same medication those states are using) we need to balance what is worse. Killing the economy, long term psychological damage to children and adults, broken families, etc. Or opening up the economy and schools with small risk of a dangerous Covid case.

According to Chazal, the "pachad" of the disease is what makes the virus dangerous. Attitude and mind frame can actually determine the effect of the virus. Many doctors agree to this too.

That is another reason why this wave is less dangerous. People are more calm and more confident they will survive.

That is why Trump always, at least in public, downplays the danger of Covid. He believes that the fear magnifies the danger of the disease. He is a smart man.

The Democrats thrive on instilling fear and panic into the public. The Republicans do the opposite. As we now know the State of NY is under investigation for both inflating numbers of Covid fatalities, claiming that everyone who died during those months was a Covid death, and for killing tens of thousands in the nursing homes.

We would all be healthier without the CNN fake news fear mongering tacticts.

I had Covid during the first wave. I got it before the mask thing started. I was confident, was not worried, and did fine.

We would all be better off if we chilled out a little.

Fact is: almost everyone is going to get Corona at some point. Now we are seeing religious mask wearers getting it too. Keep everything open. Especially schools. There is almost no risk for a younger person to get Covid at this point. Let people live normal. If someone has symptoms, stay away from older people or those at risk.

Let's move on...

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2932 on: October 05, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »
We already did that. Now we should be done like they are, even when they have an uptick. That is because since the second wave for some reason seems to bless lethal, and we now know how to treat it ( although unlike those states, Cuomo will not allow Covid patients to be treated with the same medication those states are using) we need to balance what is worse. Killing the economy, long term psychological damage to children and adults, broken families, etc. Or opening up the economy and schools with small risk of a dangerous Covid case.

According to Chazal, the "pachad" of the disease is what makes the virus dangerous. Attitude and mind frame can actually determine the effect of the virus. Many doctors agree to this too.

That is another reason why this wave is less dangerous. People are more calm and more confident they will survive.

That is why Trump always, at least in public, downplays the danger of Covid. He believes that the fear magnifies the danger of the disease. He is a smart man.

The Democrats thrive on instilling fear and panic into the public. The Republicans do the opposite. As we now know the State of NY is under investigation for both inflating numbers of Covid fatalities, claiming that everyone who died during those months was a Covid death, and for killing tens of thousands in the nursing homes.

I had Covid during the first wave. I got it before the mask thing started. I was confident, was not worried, and did fine.

Fact is: almost everyone is going to get Corona at some point. Now we are seeing religious mask wearers getting it too. Keep everything open. Especially schools. There is almost no risk for a younger person to get Covid at this point. Let people live normal. If someone has symptoms, stay away from older people or those at risk.

Let's move on...
You, my friend, are an absolute nutter.

Online Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: October 05, 2020, 11:03:59 PM »

Let's move on...
Well said!!

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2934 on: October 05, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »

Online Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: October 05, 2020, 11:08:25 PM »
Right, we know. If everyone just wore a mask and we shut down the entire country for the next 6 months and nobody goes to minyan, then we’ll be ok!  Thank you for all your sound medical advice that you dish out based on the “ experts”

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2936 on: October 05, 2020, 11:22:26 PM »
Right, we know. If everyone just wore a mask and we shut down the entire country for the next 6 months and nobody goes to minyan, then we’ll be ok!  Thank you for all your sound medical advice that you dish out based on the “ experts”
No, you’re right, the only community in the tri-State area suffering an outbreak right now is also the only community that didn’t adhere to *any* of the restrictions that everyone else did but of course the reason for the lack of cases elsewhere is herd immunity and the reason for the surge here is... well... anybody?.... well, the cases are weaker!

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: October 05, 2020, 11:32:00 PM »
No, you’re right, the only community in the tri-State area suffering an outbreak right now is also the only community that didn’t adhere to *any* of the restrictions that everyone else did but of course the reason for the lack of cases elsewhere is herd immunity and the reason for the surge here is... well... anybody?.... well, the cases are weaker!
Your listening to to much fake news. We are not the only community with an uptick. According to Achiezer, even here it's a lot from Edgemeer, not the frum community. In addition, according to the Mayor there are 20 zips with similar upticks.

When the colored community had their uptick, it was because Trump is a racist. Now we have our uptick, and in our nine zips it's because we practice religion. The other 11 zips have no explainable reason.

Welcome to the world of Debozo and Cuomo.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: October 05, 2020, 11:36:44 PM »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #2939 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »
Your listening to to much fake news. We are not the only community with an uptick. According to Achiezer, even here it's a lot from Edgemeer, not the frum community. In addition, according to the Mayor there are 20 zips with similar upticks.

When the colored community had their uptick, it was because Trump is a racist. Now we have our uptick, and in our nine zips it's because we practice religion. The other 11 zips have no explainable reason.

Welcome to the world of Debozo and Cuomo.
Pearls of wisdom. What’s your explanation for the outbreaks exclusively in the frum communities in Lakewood and Chicago? Funny how 50% of cases in NJ are from Lakewood, but there are upticks all over the place.