Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 680276 times)

Online ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #3260 on: June 11, 2021, 11:05:14 AM »
Does the owner of 550 restaurant and owns banner fish ,had insurance on the losses now with the recall ? Wonder if that was a sign from hashem because the chilul hashem he caused in the kashrus world

There are no neviim nowadays

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 11, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »
Does the owner of 550 restaurant and owns banner fish ,had insurance on the losses now with the recall ? Wonder if that was a sign from hashem because the chilul hashem he caused in the kashrus world

Probably not. Because then the ones who really cause the Chilul Hashem would be in trouble.

What Chilul Hashem are you referring to anyway? 550 didn't even go to court (although they were allowed to). They went to a Beis Din in Brooklyn. That is what Beis Din is made for. To determine who was right according to Halacha. When the Rabbis wouldn't come, and even pulled out of an agreed zabla (this info was missing from article posted on local website), 550 backed down and did not go to court.

550 were the ones who followed the rules. They did not cause any Chillul Hashem.

In fact, one of the most learned and greatest Talmidei Chochomim on town made a simcha at 550 even after the suit was filed in Beis Din. They have some big Rabonim on their side and they did everything quietly and properly.

You owe them an apology.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 11, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »
Probably not. Because then the ones who really cause the Chilul Hashem would be in trouble.

What Chilul Hashem are you referring to anyway? 550 didn't even go to court (although they were allowed to). They went to a Beis Din in Brooklyn. That is what Beis Din is made for. To determine who was right according to Halacha. When the Rabbis wouldn't come, and even pulled out of an agreed zabla (this info was missing from article posted on local website), 550 backed down and did not go to court.

550 were the ones who followed the rules. They did not cause any Chillul Hashem.

In fact, one of the most learned and greatest Talmidei Chochomim on town made a simcha at 550 even after the suit was filed in Beis Din. They have some big Rabonim on their side and they did everything quietly and properly.

You owe them an apology.
You mean the owners sons constantly bashing the rabbinic leadership of the community on Facebook is doing things quietly?

I guess when you compare it to chimichurri crying to the New York post it is pretty quiet. But seriously give me a break. And a Talmid chochom eating there doesn’t give any viability to the matter.

You mean rabbonim who signed the letter are in actuality siding with 550?

Give me a break. You claim everything and don’t bring a single shred of proof to your claims.

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 12, 2021, 09:58:45 PM »
@sammyp what is your personal connection or relationship to 550?

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 13, 2021, 12:05:15 AM »

I have never walked into that place in my life. I don't know who owns it either. I do know some people involved in the lawsuit and Beis din process. I also know so witnesses.

I also personally heard from Rabonim who's told me their names were forged on that letter.

Many Rabbis are not fans if the Vaad. They are just not vocal about it because they don't want to be harassed. But their followers know.

A great Rabbi watching there does show some validity to their Kashrus.

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 13, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
If anyone here went to the white shul dinner this past week (as I did) you would have heard the most intense haskama for the vaad by r Feiner. He basically dedicated his dinner speech by iterating that the rabbanim on the vaad are completely lsheim shamayim and they never took a dime as payment and never will. The vaad of 5t had a kashrus audit by one of the leading names in kashrus in america (he didn’t say his name) and told r Feiner after the audit this vaad is head and shoulders above any vaad in america.
Honestly I felt a little weird as I’ve never heard r Feiner speak so politically but he was on fire about it.
(He tied in how he hates machlokes w parshas korach etc)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3266 on: June 13, 2021, 12:16:29 AM »

(although they were allowed to).
You have mentioned this a number of times yet despite having been asked you have declined to quote what the basis for this is.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 13, 2021, 12:28:19 AM »
I do know some people involved in the lawsuit and Beis din process. I also know so witnesses.
Ok, that clarifies some things. Thanks for being transparent about this.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 13, 2021, 12:31:18 AM »
If anyone here went to the white shul dinner this past week (as I did) you would have heard the most intense haskama for the vaad by r Feiner. He basically dedicated his dinner speech by iterating that the rabbanim on the vaad are completely lsheim shamayim and they never took a dime as payment and never will. The vaad of 5t had a kashrus audit by one of the leading names in kashrus in america (he didn’t say his name) and told r Feiner after the audit this vaad is head and shoulders above any vaad in america.
Honestly I felt a little weird as I’ve never heard r Feiner speak so politically but he was on fire about it.
Wow. If anyone knows R' Feiner, this is even more powerful. I'm happy he discussed this in Shul and not the New York Post  ;)

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 13, 2021, 12:31:44 AM »
You have mentioned this a number of times yet despite having been asked you have declined to quote what the basis for this is.

When the Rabonim summonsed to the Brooklyn beis din refused to respond to the hazmana, a heater arkaos was offered.

Online Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: June 13, 2021, 12:36:02 AM »
Follow my rov and several other rabbonim who I would follow any other day or some anonymous poster who says we should trust him because he knows?
I think 99.99% of the people in the velt would do what I do.
Could we move on now?

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 13, 2021, 12:43:31 AM »

Rabbi Feiner is a great man.

I assume you know, he is the author of all the letters "signed" by the 53 Rabonim. He is the bridge between the left and the right. He also mistakes out down some names when those Rabbis specifically asked not to be out on. Maybe it was a misunderstanding.

The problem is that he, and many others do not know Kashrus and completely trust Rabbi Eisen. I will double check, but I am almost positive there was no recent audit by anybody other than Rabbi Eisen himself.

You can ask Rabbi Feiner if he is aware that the Vaad allows purchasing chometz from C&S. No other Vaad allows that, and is against AKO standards. Ask him if he knows how Seasons has checked colored (purple) kale at times when all other checkers in the tri-state area said it was too infested to get cleaned. Or how the Vaad allows stores to sell infested produce with a sticker "not checked" , when they know it is too infested to clean and the consumer will for sure be eating bugs.

How about did they audit non-jewish and non-sabbath observing owners having full access to their kitchens?

Just some recent examples.

If they were audited by anybody besides Rabbi Eisen himself, they would post an article with pictures showing the expert here.

Rabbi Feiner is a great man. But he is also a little too trusting.

Online Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 13, 2021, 12:46:10 AM »
Could you stop the rabbi bashing already? Enough. Nobody cares what you have to say. I'm sorry but I don't think people come here for it. Could the moderators please step in?

Offline Positive energy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 13, 2021, 02:13:50 AM »
Seems like the son of the owner

Offline Positive energy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: June 13, 2021, 02:17:41 AM »

I assume you know, he is the author of all the letters "signed" by the 53 Rabonim. He is the bridge between the left and the right. He also mistakes out down some names when those Rabbis specifically asked not to be out on. Maybe it was a misunderstanding.

The problem is that he, and many others do not know Kashrus and completely trust Rabbi Eisen. I will double check, but I am almost positive there was no recent audit by anybody other than Rabbi Eisen himself.

You can ask Rabbi Feiner if he is aware that the Vaad allows purchasing chometz from C&S. No other Vaad allows that, and is against AKO standards. Ask him if he knows how Seasons has checked colored (purple) kale at times when all other checkers in the tri-state area said it was too infested to get cleaned. Or how the Vaad allows stores to sell infested produce with a sticker "not checked" , when they know it is too infested to clean and the consumer will for sure be eating bugs.

How about did they audit non-jewish and non-sabbath observing owners having full access to their kitchens?

If they were audited by anybody besides Rabbi Eisen himself, they would post an article with pictures showing the expert here.

Can you please write why the owner of 550 decided to chnage hechsher?
Pleaassee
Thanks!

Offline Positive energy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 13, 2021, 02:20:33 AM »

You owe them an apology.
My question was if they have insurance or they had a great loss , still curious, because i had a talk a while ago with the son of the owner of 550 and told me clearly that his father is here to fix the vaad and he dosen't care even he looses money bechis main business is banners smokefish and has enough money

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 13, 2021, 03:02:23 AM »

Have you no shame to attack rabbi feiner in such a way?

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: June 13, 2021, 07:51:32 AM »
Seems like the son of the owner
I'm thinking that too. He trashes Rabbonim the same way 550s son  does on Facebook.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 13, 2021, 07:52:32 AM »
Can you please write why the owner of 550 decided to chnage hechsher?
Pleaassee
Thanks!
Because they wanted the new Chumros of M5T  ::)

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: June 13, 2021, 07:56:33 AM »
Have you no shame to attack rabbi feiner in such a way?
Exactly. It's time for @sammyp to go (at least from this thread)
Prefixing your trashing of one of the most respected and senior Rabbonim of the community by saying he's a great man BUT, doesn't take away from your extreme chutzpah and lack of Kavod Hatorah.

Get lost already.