Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 680269 times)

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #1080 on: December 09, 2016, 12:29:28 PM »
No they are not. If you are an evil person but do some good you are still an evil person.
If people are willing to pay his prices why shouldn't he charge that much? It doesn't make him evil. If people stop going he will be forced to lower his prices. To me the solution is simple just drive to Brooklyn to get what you need. Its not such a far drive. Go once every 2 weeks and stock up.

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 09, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »
What about frankels?

from what i hear its not so cheap tho cheaper then GG and it doesnt have alot of items so you would have to go elsewhere for half your order.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1082 on: December 09, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
We have the same situation in Brooklyn with pomegranate. His prices are ridiculous but I prefer to shop by him and pay extra for some of the conveniences. For example: the food is much fresher than say Moishas, I like the parking, and the layout is nice as well.

No one is forcing me to go there but I find it more convenient and they are doing really well despite the competition having lower prices.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 09, 2016, 12:33:37 PM »
If people are willing to pay his prices why shouldn't he charge that much? It doesn't make him evil. If people stop going he will be forced to lower his prices. To me the solution is simple just drive to Brooklyn to get what you need. Its not such a far drive. Go once every 2 weeks and stock up.

We have the same situation in Brooklyn with pomegranate. His prices are ridiculous but I prefer to shop by him and pay extra for some of the conveniences. For example: the food is much fresher than say Moishas, I like the parking, and the layout is nice as well.

No one is forcing me to go there but I find it more convenient and they are doing really well despite the competition having lower prices.
I have no issue with charging whatever you want but dont force people not to open up. Driving to BK is not an answer. What about the families who are already 25min drive to GG (LI ppl) a community this size should be able to have an affordable store.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 09, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »
from what i hear its not so cheap tho cheaper then GG and it doesnt have alot of items so you would have to go elsewhere for half your order.
From what I hear it is significantly cheaper at least for meat. Whats wrond with going to 2 stores ?  If you want the convenience of a one stop shop you may have to pay a premium.
Just to clarify I'm not saying I don't hear your frustration- I feel the same way that their prices are inflated. But that doesnt make them evil and deserving of curses.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 09, 2016, 12:34:39 PM »
I have no issue with charging whatever you want but dont force people not to open up. Driving to BK is not an answer. What about the families who are already 25min drive to GG (LI ppl) a community this size should be able to have an affordable store.
How can they force people not to open up. Its a free market anyone who wants to come and open a store can.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:31 PM »
From what I hear it is significantly cheaper at least for meat. Whats wrond with going to 2 stores ?  If you want the convenience of a one stop shop you may have to pay a premium.
Just to clarify I'm not saying I don't hear your frustration- I feel the same way that their prices are inflated. But that doesnt make them evil and deserving of curses.
i have no issue going to 2 stores. if they were both affordable.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 09, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »
How can they force people not to open up. Its a free market anyone who wants to come and open a store can.
read the thread... thats what everyone is complaining about. KRM was going to open in Brachs - GG got involved all of sudden they aren't opening anymore.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 09, 2016, 12:37:43 PM »
the inflated prices dont bother me. Once again they can charge wtvr they want. But forcing people not to open so you can keep your prices high is my issue.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 09, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »
the inflated prices dont bother me. Once again they can charge wtvr they want. But forcing people not to open so you can keep your prices high is my issue.
Gotcha is it verify that I they actually did that

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 09, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
Gotcha is it verify that I they actually did that
No but - KRM was going to open in Brachs - GG got involved all of sudden they aren't opening anymore.

Im guessing by telling KRM if they open they will drop their prices 30%

Offline CS1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #1091 on: December 09, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
No but - KRM was going to open in Brachs - GG got involved all of sudden they aren't opening anymore.

did something like this happen in Baltimore 2 years ago?
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 09, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »

Im guessing by telling KRM if they open they will drop their prices 30%
I don't get it why would GG be so concerned with krm if brachs was full and didn't effect their operations?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 09, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »
I don't get it why would GG be so concerned with krm if brachs was full and didn't effect their operations?
Greed and KRM is cheaper

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #1094 on: December 09, 2016, 12:49:42 PM »
I love how everyone here talks as if they know whats going on
I have yet to hear a reliable sourced story about what really happeneed with KRM and Brachs so until that point  :-X

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 09, 2016, 12:50:54 PM »
I love how everyone here talks as if they know whats going on
I have yet to hear a reliable sourced story about what really happeneed with KRM and Brachs so until that point  :-X
well GG is not going to come out and say we forced KRM out so we can rip you off.

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 09, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
GG and KRM compete as much as Whole Foods competes with Western Beef or C Town. They are serving two different constituencies and in a capitalist society we are blessed with multiple options as to where to spend our hard earned dollars (or use our EBT cards). If this conspiracy theory that GG pressured KRM not to open in the space Brach's vacated is true and you have some verifiable evidence that took place, report it to the Attorney General and let the legal process sort it out. If it's just conjecture and hearsay, then I cannot understand how one could justify impugning the good name of the owners of GG. As for myself, several years ago GG provided me with hundreds of dollars of groceries for free at one time with the caveat that I not publicize it. If you want to know the specifics, PM me. Also, where is Seasons in all of this?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 09, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »
GG and KRM compete as much as Whole Foods competes with Western Beef or C Town. They are serving two different constituencies and in a capitalist society we are blessed with multiple options as to where to spend our hard earned dollars (or use our EBT cards). If this conspiracy theory that GG pressured KRM not to open in the space Brach's vacated is true and you have some verifiable evidence that took place, report it to the Attorney General and let the legal process sort it out. If it's just conjecture and hearsay, then I cannot understand how one could justify impugning the good name of the owners of GG. As for myself, several years ago GG provided me with hundreds of dollars of groceries for free at one time with the caveat that I not publicize it. If you want to know the specifics, PM me. Also, where is Seasons in all of this?
We actaully dont have multiple options. Seasons wasnt involved in KRM deal. I find your story hard to blv since they do publicize all the chesed they do.

and do you think reporting it to the AG is a good option? It hard to find proof that will earn a conviction and alot of the community will  be against you because of reporting to the authorities "when it can be dealt with inside the community"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:28:08 PM by ya »

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 09, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
We actaully dont have multiple options. Seasons wasnt involved in KRM deal. I find your story hard to blv since they do publicize all the chesed they do.

and do you think reporting it to the AG is a good option? It hard to find proof that will earn a conviction and alot of the community will  be against you because of reporting to the authorities "when it can be dealt with inside the community"
I do not find his story hard to believe, because I know others who are recipients of their chessed.

Offline Cheesecake

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 09, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
well GG is not going to come out and say we forced KRM out so we can rip you off.
So it must be true.