Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 680226 times)

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #1240 on: January 11, 2017, 09:01:10 PM »
That back and forth of the incident was pretty great to sit back and read.

I am not familiar with the Chanukah incident, but I'd be very curious to read about it...link please?

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 11, 2017, 09:34:43 PM »
I am not familiar with the Chanukah incident, but I'd be very curious to read about it...link please?
+1

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 12, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »

This is from the closed FB group "Kosher Restarunt Review & Discussion" posted by the owner of C & S

"I want to vent to you all about what happened at Cork & Slice this past Saturday night. An example of how customers feel they have the right to curse, scream, belittle the staff, disrespect and try to hurt a business because they feel entitled! They have no shame and I feel obliged to write and share my experience with you. Jennifer Berger Diack and Mike Diack came with a group of friends to dine at my restaurant, Cork & Slice. They came, were seated and ordered drinks, apps and entrees. They received their drinks, and all of their apps except a pizza. They asked the waitress and she told them she'll check on it. She came back and told them "it's in the oven, it will be out soon." The restaurant is busy and no restaurant is perfect, and mistakes do occur. Time passed and their pizza never made it out, yes we made a mistake, yes we would of done everything to make it up to them. Our customers know we go above and beyond to provide the best service we can. But, these two people decided to curse, scream and caused such a scene that other customers apologized for their behavior afterwards. Jennifer and Mike, walked into the kitchen to speak with the owner, without letting my partner speak began to call the waitress "dumb" "stupid" saying "this place sucks, you suck" " worst f services" etc etc. the other owner walked away and got me. As I approached the table to find out what happened and if everything is okay, Jennifer stands up and begins cursing, yelling across the entire restaurant, calling my waitress stupid, calling my restaurant all types of things and threatening to leave. She didn't let me speak, she didn't give me an opportunity to fix it. All she did was be disrespectful to me, my staff and my customers. I simply said, your night is over, you said you want to leave so your night here is over. Don't worry about the bill and have a nice night. These people are not the customers I want, nor does anyone. Since this incident this couple has posted on fb, Yelp, wrote bad reviews, are telling people not to dine at my restaurant. Listen to this, they even have there sons and other people posting for them. People who weren't even there. But- what's funny is we have such an amazing community in the 5 towns. We have received countless phone calls to both the restaurant and my cell, multiple text message, even customers who witnessed their behavior and saw their post came in and said if you need we will be more than happy to explain how they were acting. We have received text messages from multiple people showing their support and almost all said "don't worry about them." Even one person said, "mikes a plumber and I know people who are not happy with his service" regardless, I will try to post a video of them, if it lets me you don't need audio to understand the situation. Just see for yourself. I think I'm speaking on behalf of all restaurant owners and their staff. We are not here for the customers amusement. We are not your property, we are not your children. We are not your slaves. We are people who love what we do and every single day with blood, sweat and tears try to serve quality food and provide an the best service possible. We are here to serve, but you do not own us!! My waitress did not deserve to be treated like that, regardless of how long you waited for you "pizza." She didn't deserve to cry, she didn't deserve to be called stupid or put down. They people can try to post away on Yelp, FB or anywhere else. Anyone who listens is not the customer I want anyway. But, the people who know us we thank you for your support. For the people that texted, called we thank you. To the customer who approached us and offered to write a public letter about Mike and Jennifer actions we thank you. It's story is not about Mike and Jennifer, it's about treating people with respect even though you might not get what you want. Mistakes do happen, they happen every day, it's how we deal with it that brings out the true character. Anyways, chag Samaech all"

I know it continued a few more days on the guys blog but no clue what it is or how to find it.

Offline Yankee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 12, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

I know it continued a few more days on the guys blog but no clue what it is or how to find it.

http://plumber-mike.com/cork-slice-cedarhurst-ny/

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 12, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »
http://plumber-mike.com/cork-slice-cedarhurst-ny/

Wow. What planet do these people live on? Not even sure people acted like that on bread lines in the Warsaw Ghetto

Offline Yankee123

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: January 12, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
Wow. What planet do these people live on? Not even sure people acted like that on bread lines in the Warsaw Ghetto

cork and slice then posted actual video of the altercation...

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 12, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »
cork and slice then posted actual video of the altercation...
more video? the video that i saw didnt really show much but you can tell that the customers were not being very nice. waiting for 45 minutes for a pizza is annoying but there is a way to deal with it appropriately.

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 12, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
more video? the video that i saw didnt really show much but you can tell that the customers were not being very nice. waiting for 45 minutes for a pizza is annoying but there is a way to deal with it appropriately.

The video shows them going to the kitchen counter and making a scene.....Little too extreme for a missing pizza.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 12, 2017, 04:12:31 PM »
I find it weird that this Mike the Plumber has a section on his professional website dedicated to this incident.

Offline Yankee123

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 12, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »
I find it weird that this Mike the Plumber has a section on his professional website dedicated to this incident.

Im pretty sure its his blog.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:44 AM »
"At cork and slice, we don't do ketchup"
"At cork and slice we don't do fries"
"At cork and slice we don't do whole wheat"
"At cork and slice we don't have salmon"

This incident happened a while back, and I'm just posting about it today:

That actually happened to me at Cork&Slice in Cedarhurst, ruined an otherwise great experience (food, ambiance, was great, service OTOH was sorely lacking).

They actually made me feel stupid for asking for Ketchup, and when I realized they weren't going to give me any (they were uppity about it, since they are a fancy "Italian" eatery), I asked them if they could give me something else to dip their fries in, they once again looked at me like I was nuts and told me that this is how the fries come.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm not going to give C&S another chance. OTOH, Only had good experiences at Upper Crust.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 15, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
Any updates on that new place "SKEWERS"? What's going on there?

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 15, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
Any updates on that new place "SKEWERS"? What's going on there?

where?

Offline springles

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 15, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
where?
in the lot across from berrylicious, theres been a sign for this skewers (says its kosher and coming soon) for 6 months. i dont know anyone who has any more info than that

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 17, 2017, 12:00:56 AM »
So it looks like stop chop and roll is taking over the non kosher Chinese place nextdoor.

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 17, 2017, 08:37:23 AM »
So it looks like stop chop and roll is taking over the non kosher Chinese place nextdoor.

very good sushi, I hope they think out of the box and make it more than the usual Chinese/Japanese fare.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 17, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »
Buy two dishes get the third dish free ;)?

Offline Yankee123

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 17, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
very good sushi, I hope they think out of the box and make it more than the usual Chinese/Japanese fare.

Is the pickup for more seating or actually expanding the menu and what not?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 17, 2017, 10:48:55 AM »
Is the pickup for more seating or actually expanding the menu and what not?

They are opening up a fleishig chinese-food restaurant, so definitely expanding the menu.

Offline Yankee123

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 17, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »
They are opening up a fleishig chinese-food restaurant, so definitely expanding the menu.

Amazing! about time Wok Tov was challenged...