Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 690857 times)

Offline safsel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #2320 on: August 27, 2019, 11:58:27 AM »
Can use some help. we are looking to rent a kosher home in 5 towns for first days of sukkos. All our kids are up in ny and its our only chance to visit. Would like home from about oct 10 until oct 16 or 17. Appreciate any leads.
I would post/ follow five towns shuls yahoo group for such an inquiry

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline flyer1836

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 03, 2019, 03:51:57 PM »
Atlaz Computers, over 35 years in Lawrence,
moved last week to Freeport, border of Merrick

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 09, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Anyone else just see and hear fighter jets flying overhead?

The whole table was shaking.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »

+1
And yesterday too

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: September 10, 2019, 12:41:07 PM »

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline stooges44

• View Profile

Offline blerbz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 12, 2019, 07:58:20 PM »

It was for a flyover for the US Open

Offline stooges44

• View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 16, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
Is there any place I can call that will come and explain my heating system setup? I don't know if I need a plumber or an electrician but I have a 3 zone hot water boiler with radiators system. Every time I look at the mess of wires I get so frustrated because I don't know what's going on and I do know that if I had someone explain it I would know and finally make the changes that I want myself.

I'm trying to install a wifi thermostat which I think I've done correctly but due the complexity of the setup I can't really tell. (Ok fine, I'll give you all the details here: All the thermostats are connected to an argo zone control board, the primary zone is one that's connected to this which controls radiant heating that I have on one floor (1 zone) which try as I might I can't seem to turn off and the only way to get it off so it doesn't constantly heat the floors is by turning off the whole boiler and I do that every summer so I don't have heated floors competing with the AC. Thus, to test the newly installed wifi thermostat I need to turn on the boiler but as soon as I do, the zone 1 stat kicks in and fires up the boiler so I would need to wait for zone 1 to be heated enough that it's no longer calling for heat and only then would I be able to tell if the the wifi stat is properly calling for heat as well. Since it's still the summer with my AC going I'm not about to let the room get heated  :-\ )

All of this came with the home and I'd finally, finally like to start understanding it all. I know I can call any of the local places to install the wifi stat and they would get it working but I don't want just that, after all these years in my home I want to finally get the full picture. I know that at the start of every heating season I have to go around and bleed all the heaters, then I sometimes have to bleed the boiler itself but I'd love to learn how to prevent that, is there something I can do in the summer or maybe if I can manage to get the zone 1 stat off which would let me keep the boiler on maybe I wouldn't have to bleed everything?

Is there anyplace that offers free estimates that will come down and I can explain the whole picture and go from there?  The few places I called already wanted over $200 just to come through the door  :'(

Any suggestions? TIA!

Online ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 16, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »
Is there any place I can call that will come and explain my heating system setup? I don't know if I need a plumber or an electrician but I have a 3 zone hot water boiler with radiators system. Every time I look at the mess of wires I get so frustrated because I don't know what's going on and I do know that if I had someone explain it I would know and finally make the changes that I want myself.

I'm trying to install a wifi thermostat which I think I've done correctly but due the complexity of the setup I can't really tell. (Ok fine, I'll give you all the details here: All the thermostats are connected to an argo zone control board, the primary zone is one that's connected to this which controls radiant heating that I have on one floor (1 zone) which try as I might I can't seem to turn off and the only way to get it off so it doesn't constantly heat the floors is by turning off the whole boiler and I do that every summer so I don't have heated floors competing with the AC. Thus, to test the newly installed wifi thermostat I need to turn on the boiler but as soon as I do, the zone 1 stat kicks in and fires up the boiler so I would need to wait for zone 1 to be heated enough that it's no longer calling for heat and only then would I be able to tell if the the wifi stat is properly calling for heat as well. Since it's still the summer with my AC going I'm not about to let the room get heated  :-\ )

All of this came with the home and I'd finally, finally like to start understanding it all. I know I can call any of the local places to install the wifi stat and they would get it working but I don't want just that, after all these years in my home I want to finally get the full picture. I know that at the start of every heating season I have to go around and bleed all the heaters, then I sometimes have to bleed the boiler itself but I'd love to learn how to prevent that, is there something I can do in the summer or maybe if I can manage to get the zone 1 stat off which would let me keep the boiler on maybe I wouldn't have to bleed everything?

Is there anyplace that offers free estimates that will come down and I can explain the whole picture and go from there?  The few places I called already wanted over $200 just to come through the door  :'(

Any suggestions? TIA!
try
Cedar Plumbing by a long shot. Good and reasonably priced

718-327-2828

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 17, 2019, 03:18:50 PM »
Anyone been to the new Bakery Cakes & Crumbs yet? I see a certain instagrammer who loves to take pictures with his mouth open has been pushing it which means whatever he is reporting is biased. Looking for a real review before I invest in an expensive slice of cake :)

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 17, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »
Anyone been to the new Bakery Cakes & Crumbs yet? I see a certain instagrammer who loves to take pictures with his mouth open has been pushing it which means whatever he is reporting is biased. Looking for a real review before I invest in an expensive slice of cake :)

I was there a two Sundays ago for breakfast. I ordered a bagel with eggs and cheese and a cheesecake. The food was all good but nothing extraordinary IMO. To be fair though, the cakes were probably from the previous Thursday or Friday, and I was there at 7:30 am which is 30 mins before they officially open, so they weren't running on all cylinders yet (Google said that they open at 7 and apparently they really open at 8, but they were kind enough to let me in early which saved me from having to drag two dissapointed little kids to the bagel store). I think that they are known for their big milkshakes but those weren't available when I was there because they chef hadn't arrived yet (again, my fault), so maybe those are something special. 

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »
i've been. cakes are very good but expensive. i plan to go for breakfast one day to try it out

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: September 17, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
Who is the best to use for property tax reduction in Nassau County? Is Maidenbaum the best? Are they all the same?

Offline am7734

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 17, 2019, 11:40:13 PM »
Who is the best to use for property tax reduction in Nassau County? Is Maidenbaum the best? Are they all the same?
https://m.facebook.com/groups/389792057856742/?ref=group_browse

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 19, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
Are there any shuls in the area that do slichos at like 10 or 11pm?

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: September 19, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »
Are there any shuls in the area that do slichos at like 10 or 11pm?

i think shteibel might

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: September 19, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »
Chabad definitely has on Saturday night and I think young Israel of woodmere might have also