Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 691668 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #2540 on: April 13, 2020, 02:28:45 PM »
If I wanted a Halachic analysis, I would have spoken to my Rov.

And as an aside, you should probably speak to yours. Cars need to be cleaned very well even from crumbs, as brought in m.b. in name of chayei Odom. Even if crumbs are batul, since most people use their car during Yom Tov, there us a chance one might come to eating these crumbs, i.e. if your Pesach food gets into contact with the crumbs or if they somehow get kicked into Pesach food by a kid. If you don't clean your car well, you will end up with issues.

I was asking about company who might come to my house and clean my cars. I assume if they come they are healthy. Although in our area, most people are in one of three categories, either they already had the virus, they are currently sick with the virus, or thg they are asymptomatic with the virus. It's all over here now.

Delayed response because I just saw yours. Funny how you offer halachicly advice after rejecting mine because you didn’t ask.

I’m not going take my own advice and ask my rov, because I don’t own a car.

Hopefully you’ve become enlightened over the past few weeks. Just because “the virus is everywhere” doesn’t mean you should risk exposing yourself to potentially asymptomatic carriers.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 18, 2020, 11:16:50 PM »
Does anybody understand GG's and Kol Save's strategy with working with Covid-19?

Why do they implement more restrictions than required by law? And more puzzling is their shortened store hours. Wouldn't it make more sense to be open for even more hours in order to spread out customers? Instead they open later, close earlier, (and jack up their prices). This just causes longer lines. The social-distancing on these 45 minute lines is worse than it woud be in the store with people standing less than six feet of each other for many hours.

They also stopped delivery which causes more traffic in store. Wouldn't it make more sense to increase delivery to keep everyone at home.

Seasons and even Frankels are doing much better. Keeping the laws, and keeping open regular hours to allow for more spaced out shoppers. Seasons is also restarting delivery this week.

In Brooklyn, many store are taking an opposite approach. They are either heavily increasing deliveries, or extending hours. With current traffic, it takes 35 minutes to drive to Bingo. There are no lines there because they are open crazy long hours. It's quocker to drive to Bingo and back then it is to wait on line here.

What is their strategy?!?

Offline Got a clue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 18, 2020, 11:28:01 PM »
Does anybody understand GG's and Kol Save's strategy with working with Covid-19?

Why do they implement more restrictions than required by law? And more puzzling is their shortened store hours. Wouldn't it make more sense to be open for even more hours in order to spread out customers? Instead they open later, close earlier, (and jack up their prices). This just causes longer lines. The social-distancing on these 45 minute lines is worse than it woud be in the store with people standing less than six feet of each other for many hours.

They also stopped delivery which causes more traffic in store. Wouldn't it make more sense to increase delivery to keep everyone at home.

Seasons and even Frankels are doing much better. Keeping the laws, and keeping open regular hours to allow for more spaced out shoppers. Seasons is also restarting delivery this week.

In Brooklyn, many store are taking an opposite approach. They are either heavily increasing deliveries, or extending hours. With current traffic, it takes 35 minutes to drive to Bingo. There are no lines there because they are open crazy long hours. It's quocker to drive to Bingo and back then it is to wait on line here.

What is their strategy?!?

I would assume hours are due to the fact that many usual employee are out sick- Taking longer to restock shelves

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 18, 2020, 11:45:34 PM »
They cut hours on day one before workers might have gotten sick. When you get eventually get into Kol Save, the workers look bored and cashiers are sitting there waiting for customers. (Although Kol Save line is quicker than GG because it is managed smarter. One out-one in.)

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 19, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »
Ummm did you see pictures from bingo? It was absolutely packed. Gg really only had lines when you go prime time

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 19, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »
Ummm did you see pictures from bingo? It was absolutely packed. Gg really only had lines when you go prime time

You obviously work for GG. I have tried GG all times, right by opening, later in the morning, in the afternoon. Always a long slow line. I went to Bingo three times this season. 35 minute drive, no lines and quick checkout. With much better prices too.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 19, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
You obviously work for GG.

He stocks their candy section

Offline ethana

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 19, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »
Should we have a ddo in the candy section?

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 19, 2020, 09:37:46 PM »
He stocks their candy section
Smart business move

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 19, 2020, 10:16:37 PM »
You obviously work for GG. I have tried GG all times, right by opening, later in the morning, in the afternoon. Always a long slow line. I went to Bingo three times this season. 35 minute drive, no lines and quick checkout. With much better prices too.
is that your line for anyone who doesn't agree with your disdain for GG?
yes gg had huge lines on friday and today but mostly not. i went at 6 pm on the thursday before pesach and it was empty

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: April 19, 2020, 10:17:29 PM »

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 19, 2020, 11:01:17 PM »
Mr CandyMan, we were all there dozens of times since this outbreak. There is almost always a long line. You happened to go moments before Bedikas Chometz when people were preoccupied. I was there one day when day Chol Hamoed when it was pouring rain. I was on line for 45 minutes and got into the store drenched! (Besides the price hikes) There has to be lines. Shorter hours, no deliveries...

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 19, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »
Mr CandyMan, we were all there dozens of times since this outbreak. There is almost always a long line. You happened to go moments before Bedikas Chometz when people were preoccupied. I was there one day when day Chol Hamoed when it was pouring rain. I was on line for 45 minutes and got into the store drenched! (Besides the price hikes) There has to be lines. Shorter hours, no deliveries...

Bedika was the following Tuesday. There should have been no reason to go chol hamoed if you planned and shopped properly. I don't have to go for another 2 weeks at least. Everyone is saying to minimize trips to the store. Not everyone is listening apparently

But I do agree the lines are ridiculous and counterproductive.
And that's Dr candy man

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 21, 2020, 12:37:59 PM »
I went to GG Woodmere Sunday at 6pm, 2 people to get in which took all of a minute waiting. Store was stocked besides for some produce...what am I missing here?

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 21, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »
I went to GG Woodmere Sunday at 6pm, 2 people to get in which took all of a minute waiting. Store was stocked besides for some produce...what am I missing here?
GG Cederhurst.

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 21, 2020, 02:14:49 PM »

Bedika was the following Tuesday. There should have been no reason to go chol hamoed if you planned and shopped properly. I don't have to go for another 2 weeks at least. Everyone is saying to minimize trips to the store. Not everyone is listening apparently

But I do agree the lines are ridiculous and counterproductive.
And that's Dr candy man
No line at all today, at either kol save or gg. In and out of gg in under 10 minutes

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 21, 2020, 08:23:26 PM »

Went today. Pretty disappointed with stock. Meat was pretty bare and many shelf items were pesach products. With that shelves were still only 2/3 full.
They also only had devash milk. Never saw that before

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 22, 2020, 07:33:25 AM »
Devash milk is better. It's the the most common brand in Brooklyn and Upstate in the summer.

Not only are the shelves full of Pesach products, they didn't even lower the prices!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 22, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
Devash milk is better. It's the the most common brand in Brooklyn and Upstate in the summer.

Not only are the shelves full of Pesach products, they didn't even lower the prices!
I love how this guy hates GG but all he does is shop in GG.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline brodes18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, UA 1K, AA Platinum
« Reply #2559 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:17 AM »
I love how this guy hates GG but all he does is shop in GG.
There is not much of a choice. I think that's the point.