Topic Wiki

This is a wiki. Information about this area goes here. Update it as necessary. You can have special sections for Restaurants, Shuls, Hotels, and Attractions, Like this:

Restaurants

Shuls

Hotels

Attractions

http://5townscentral.com/
« Last edited by bb1836 on May 12, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread  (Read 698019 times)

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #3760 on: September 21, 2022, 03:18:48 PM »
AND FOR THE REST OF THE STORY....

BINGO will be opening up a po-up store behind their new location om Tzom Gedalia. There will be Kaparos with Sukkos items sold.

Their truck is there already setting up.

The full store is scheduled to open around Pesach time.

PLEASE GO THERE AND SHOW THEM WE SUPPORT THEM!! (And save some money too! Their prices on Sukkah items are half of what everyone else here charges!)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #3761 on: September 21, 2022, 03:22:13 PM »
AND FOR THE REST OF THE STORY....

BINGO will be opening up a po-up store behind their new location om Tzom Gedalia. There will be Kaparos with Sukkos items sold.

Their truck is there already setting up.

The full store is scheduled to open around Pesach time.

PLEASE GO THERE AND SHOW THEM WE SUPPORT THEM!! (And save some money too! Their prices on Sukkah items are half of what everyone else here charges!)
So, how can they be kosher?! 🙃
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: September 21, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
So, how can they be kosher?! 🙃

They're not using the Vaad for the meat department, or for most of the store. Don't worry, I already clarified.

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: September 21, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
They're not using the Vaad for the meat department, or for most of the store. Don't worry, I already clarified.
Welcome back!

What happened to
I am not a "rabble rouser".

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: September 21, 2022, 05:03:16 PM »
Welcome back!

What happened to
It’s very clear what he is. A parrot of yudel Shain

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: September 21, 2022, 05:47:46 PM »
Welcome back!

What happened to
Nice to see how you follow me!!
It wasn't me who roused thebrabble this time. It was yungermanchik. I just played along.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: September 21, 2022, 05:48:24 PM »
It’s very clear what he is. A parrot of yudel Shain
Who is yudel Shain? Is that the guy who broke the Manalapan story?

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: September 22, 2022, 04:36:23 AM »
Who is yudel Shain? Is that the guy who broke the Manalapan story?
Lol dude. You literally copy and paste his words

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: September 22, 2022, 08:00:24 AM »
Or he copies and pasted mine.

I don't get my info from him, but we might share common sources. I don't know for sure.

Did he post about Bingo Five Towns yet?

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: September 22, 2022, 08:11:37 AM »
Can we divide this thread into 2: one regular FR/5T, and one with anything pertaining to kashrus or lack thereof?
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: September 22, 2022, 08:37:07 AM »
Can we divide this thread into 2: one regular FR/5T, and one with anything pertaining to kashrus or lack thereof?
OK. So back to my original Bingo post, before the yungerman went off topic..

They will be opening around Pesach. They say even bigger and better than the Brooklyn store. At least that's what they are saying..

Bakery will be the same as Brooklyn. Sterns. They are very well priced. I'm hoping, and assuming they keep the same pricing as their other stores.

Meat department will be exclusively Birdsboro under Hisachdus. Also prices well. (Other stores have to buy Birdsboro from vendors. This is actually run by the company themselves.)

The fresh nut and candy department will be same as Brooklyn.

The popup store is planning on having live kparos. For all those familiar with Bingo, their prices on Succos items are a steal. They also have items which are not available anywhere else in the U. S., since they are an Israeli store .

In some of their stores they actually sell Sukka panels for very cheap. I dididnt ask if they will have them here too.

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: September 22, 2022, 09:20:24 AM »
The fresh nut and candy department will be same as Brooklyn.
I don't know you or your background but for someone who professes to genuinely care about Kashrus and is willing to speak out, you just blew that right under the rug.
I believe what you meant to say is shop mad switch around various Israeli badatzim until they find the one who lets them do whatever they want.
Like having milchig and pareve chocolate bins side by side with spill over and mixing.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: September 22, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »
I don't know you or your background but for someone who professes to genuinely care about Kashrus and is willing to speak out, you just blew that right under the rug.
I believe what you meant to say is shop mad switch around various Israeli badatzim until they find the one who lets them do whatever they want.
Like having milchig and pareve chocolate bins side by side with spill over and mixing.
Woe! Take a chill!!
There was a request to keep Kashrus issues out of the conversation, so I did. I never even implied I would eat from any of the departments, or which ones I would eat from. It was an informative post.

Agav, while you're at it, anybody who eats from the repackaged candies or nuts at GG or Kolsave, are eating from this Hashgacha anyway. The Vaad does not allow the stores to print which Hashgocho each item is certified by. As long as the Vaad approved, it's labeled as such. Many of the candies are under the same supervision you are complaining about, or worse.

At least Bingo labels the repackaged items so the consumer can decide what he want to eat, or what not to eat

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: September 22, 2022, 10:46:32 AM »
Woe! Take a chill!!
There was a request to keep Kashrus issues out of the conversation, so I did. I never even implied I would eat from any of the departments, or which ones I would eat from. It was an informative post.

Agav, while you're at it, anybody who eats from the repackaged candies or nuts at GG or Kolsave, are eating from this Hashgacha anyway. The Vaad does not allow the stores to print which Hashgocho each item is certified by. As long as the Vaad approved, it's labeled as such. Many of the candies are under the same supervision you are complaining about, or worse.

At least Bingo labels the repackaged items so the consumer can decide what he want to eat, or what not to eat
First of all I appreciate the update.
In regards to repackaging, I imagine almost every single product out there is repackaged/using raw materials with another Hashagacha at some point.
But 1. I personally don't necessarily know the status of every hashgacha (especially the ones from EY, Europe, and South America) and 2. Who says that the repackaged item is really under the Hashgacha that the store says it is. For that reason, I'm way more comfortable relying on a 'local' (in the sense of it is in the US) Hashgacha to oversee it.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: September 22, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »
First of all I appreciate the update.
In regards to repackaging, I imagine almost every single product out there is repackaged/using raw materials with another Hashagacha at some point.
But 1. I personally don't necessarily know the status of every hashgacha (especially the ones from EY, Europe, and South America) and 2. Who says that the repackaged item is really under the Hashgacha that the store says it is. For that reason, I'm way more comfortable relying on a 'local' (in the sense of it is in the US) Hashgacha to oversee it.
There is usually a Hashgacha certifying that the repackaging is labeled properly. That is the case for the other Bingo locations. And at most stores.

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: September 22, 2022, 01:39:19 PM »

[/quote]

You do realize that these are probably sold at cost or less just to attract people to come to store and help put local stores out of business at same time.

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: September 22, 2022, 02:31:07 PM »
There is usually a Hashgacha certifying that the repackaging is labeled properly. That is the case for the other Bingo locations. And at most stores.
Right. But I understood from your previous post that that was not going to be the case here. Thank you for clarifying.

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: September 22, 2022, 03:03:08 PM »

You do realize that these are probably sold at cost or less just to attract people to come to store and help put local stores out of business at same time.
Obviously no body wants a local store to go out of business but hopefully some healthy competition can eliminate part of the "5 towns discount"

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: September 22, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »

Looks like it's the same prices as their other stores. They don't need to lower their prices anymore than usual. Their prices are competitive even in Lakewood where GG is much cheaper than here.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: September 22, 2022, 03:49:48 PM »
The adds: