Author Topic: KVS Master Thread  (Read 101590 times)

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: KVS Availability Tool
Re: KVS Master Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 09, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
Ideally you'd be able to type in a month and come back in a x amount of time for the results...that's something I'd pay for.

That's exactly what the [Power Search] function does.

Say I want to find TN I class LAX-PPT and can travel anytime.

The real issue is that TN is one of the 5 or so airlines that is not currently supported in the main KVS Tool application for Award Availability (out of 113+ that are supported) :

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes

At a minimum that involves a quick next/previous day button from the search results page.
Thanks for a constructive suggestion -- we are currently looking into adding the Next/Previous Day functionality into the Mobile Companion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
That's exactly what the [Power Search] function does.
Not for TN ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »
Thanks for confirming.

You are most welcome. ::)

We did exactly that multiple times already.

Oh, really now... care to demonstrate, perhaps, by linking me to some clear examples of where you posted such information, using universally-accepted techniques of "open communication" and "doubt resolution"? I daresay that the multiple visceral reactions by fellow DDFers to my original rant would indicate that they feel otherwise - it seems that the general consensus among... let's see...  oh, right - EVERYONE HERE!!!! is that that you have not been particularly forthcoming with straight answers.

Or are we all, collectively, insane?

We do not believe that such form of commutation would be appropriate, although we appreciate that it might be helpful for some posters.

Indeed, I'm sure you don't. ;D

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2015, 05:23:03 PM »
Thanks for a constructive suggestion -- we are currently looking into adding the Next/Previous Day functionality into the Mobile Companion.

Okay, Mr. KVS. Enough bickering for now. I'll extend an olive branch, and try to be a bit more friendly. :)

You want constructive suggestions? How about this one... perhaps the desktop application could at least have a "launch mobile companion" button that - when clicked - launches the KVS Tool Mobile Companion website (in an already-logged-in state), with the current KVS application search parameters (airports, date, etc.) already pre-filled into the fields on the website? It would significantly ease the burden of transitioning back-and-forth between the desktop application and the website.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:28:16 PM by Moishebatchy »

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
Ideally you'd be able to type in a month and come back in a x amount of time for the results...that's something I'd pay for.

Why not just use ExpertFlyer? Four 1-week searches, less than 45 seconds each, and you've covered a whole month. (See screenshot.)

Mr. KVS, perhaps scalp a few design tips from ExpertFlyer, while we're at it. ;) Their website can effortlessly search 7 days at a time, and it's really easy to change the search date...

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
Okay, Mr. KVS. Enough bickering for now. I'll extend an olive branch, and try to be a bit more friendly. :)

You want constructive suggestions? How about this one... perhaps the desktop application could at least have a "launch mobile companion" button that - when clicked - launches the KVS Tool Mobile Companion website (in an already-logged-in state), with the current KVS application search parameters (airports, date, etc.) already pre-filled into the fields on the website? It would significantly ease the burden of transitioning back-and-forth between the desktop application and the website.

We are already considering adding the [Mobile Companion] quick link function to the main KVS Tool application.

Please also note that you can already keep your KVS Tool Mobile Companion login state for up to 12 Months, so it is not an issue.

Offline KVS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
Find a way to make it easier to find that data. At a minimum that involves a quick next/previous day button from the search results page.

We are pleased to note that the [Previous Day]/[Next Day] buttons have now been added to the KVS Tool Mobile Companion.