Author Topic: T-Mobile Free calls and data in foreign countries including israel  (Read 67825 times)

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: T-Mobile Free calls and data in foreign countries including israel
« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2019, 03:11:33 PM »
didn't want to start a new thread but hope this one is right one to post in. I'll be travelling to Europe in near future and need a plan for phone calls both incoming and outgoing. I have an inactivated smartphone which I can add service to or I can rent a phone by day. I basically just need phone calls. Text and data r a bonus. I'd like to know what my best option is. I'll b visiting England Italy Greece Venice and Hungary if that matters regarding coverage. Any help appreciated
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2019, 11:25:16 PM »
didn't want to start a new thread but hope this one is right one to post in. I'll be travelling to Europe in near future and need a plan for phone calls both incoming and outgoing. I have an inactivated smartphone which I can add service to or I can rent a phone by day. I basically just need phone calls. Text and data r a bonus. I'd like to know what my best option is. I'll b visiting England Italy Greece Venice and Hungary if that matters regarding coverage. Any help appreciated
what phone service do you have now?
 But if you want to use that to call numbers in the country your in, it might be worth to load you GV account with some funds and use your phone like that, assuming you have data globally like tmobile and sprint? 

Yes get a GV account set up and forward all calls to your GV number and enjoy your phone service in Europe as well you can set up another GV account to use your regular phone number to make out going calls while using your American number and ppl know who's calling it's a setting on GV where you can choose who and which number should be used for outbound caller ID.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline talmid chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2019, 03:48:04 AM »
what phone service do you have now?
 But if you want to use that to call numbers in the country your in, it might be worth to load you GV account with some funds and use your phone like that, assuming you have data globally like tmobile and sprint? 

Yes get a GV account set up and forward all calls to your GV number and enjoy your phone service in Europe as well you can set up another GV account to use your regular phone number to make out going calls while using your American number and ppl know who's calling it's a setting on GV where you can choose who and which number should be used for outbound caller ID.
Where do you have the option to set the outbound caller ID to your regular number?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2019, 04:14:31 AM »
Where do you have the option to set the outbound caller ID to your regular number?
Can only be done on a gv account that has no gv number connected to it. And on that account go to settings on Hangouts then the email account it's under, and go to the option where it says outbound caller ID and then will ask you to verify the number, enter the number you want to use and that's it. So you could be in Europe or Israel and make a call using outbound caller ID with your US number and then ppl can call you on your American number by setting up call forwarding to the gv number.
 Make sure to set the call forwarding before you leave America as some services like Sprint won't work on your end to set up call forwarding, you would need to try online or call them. While T-Mobile works fine to set up call forwarding even abroad. Hope the info helps.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline talmid chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2019, 04:22:04 AM »
Can only be done on a gv account that has no gv number connected to it. And on that account go to settings on Hangouts then the email account it's under, and go to the option where it says outbound caller ID and then will ask you to verify the number, enter the number you want to use and that's it. So you could be in Europe or Israel and make a call using outbound caller ID with your US number and then ppl can call you on your American number by setting up call forwarding to the gv number.
 Make sure to set the call forwarding before you leave America as some services like Sprint won't work on your end to set up call forwarding, you would need to try online or call them. While T-Mobile works fine to set up call forwarding even abroad. Hope the info helps.
Wow!
Never knew about it
Thanks
Will it work in browser on desktop too?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2019, 04:23:34 AM »
Wow!
Never knew about it
Thanks
Will it work in browser on desktop too?
Should. IIRC.

Offline talmid chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2019, 06:47:57 PM »
i tried this for my account, works fine from app, but on web it still comes up as private
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:57:08 PM by talmid chuchem »

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »
i tried this for my account, works fine from app, but on web it still comes up as private
Will try myself and report back.

Offline vacation fan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2019, 07:58:30 PM »
how can i use my GV if i don't have data international on my phone? what would be my best option traveling to Europe?

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »
Traveling to Israel in the next couple of months. I will only be there for a week. I am thinking that I don't need to get a local SIM card, as I probably will not be making too many phone calls, and I can use my included data and wifi to call with WhatsApp.

Will that work? Is there any benefit to getting an Israeli sim card?

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 14, 2019, 05:46:32 PM »
Unless you need high speed data, you will be fine. I haven't got an extra plan since I started with T-mobile, and have never needed more. Data is a bit slow, but good enough for calls and whatsapp

Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »
Unless you need high speed data, you will be fine. I haven't got an extra plan since I started with T-mobile, and have never needed more. Data is a bit slow, but good enough for calls and whatsapp

+1

Offline BBPAPA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:38 PM »

+1

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2019, 01:46:24 AM »
Traveling to Israel in the next couple of months. I will only be there for a week. I am thinking that I don't need to get a local SIM card, as I probably will not be making too many phone calls, and I can use my included data and wifi to call with WhatsApp.

Will that work? Is there any benefit to getting an Israeli sim card?
so you can call Israeli numbers unless you add money to a calling card or gv.

Offline moka

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »
I've used the International data Pass with up to 512 MB of high-speed data and unlimited calling for just $5 a day.