Author Topic: 7,000 Starpoints For Sheraton Jerusalem-Worth It?  (Read 17050 times)

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: 7,000 Starpoints For Sheraton Jerusalem-Worth It?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »
people always say that u can never get rrooms for succos withSPG points, is that true and are there still points rooms available?
You can easily search on the website www.SPG.com
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 01:24:56 AM »
people always say that u can never get rrooms for succos withSPG points, is that true and are there still points rooms available?
The beauty of SPG is no blackout dates.  If they are selling a room you can redeem Starpoints for it with the regular redemption rates, 5th night free, or with nights and flights.

(Cash and points on the other hand has many blackouts, although it is possible to stay at this category 3 property for 2,800 Starpoints+$45 with C&P at certain times of the year)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »
I just booked this property for Succos. Every fifth night free 10 nights 56,000 points. I think 5,600 points per night is a good deal especially when the are selling the rooms for about $450 a night for that time of year. If anyone has a better idea please let me know.
8 cents value per Starpoint sounds good to me!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline stevenk

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »
I just stayed there for shevuos for 7000 points per night when the rate was 369 per night. Great deal and staff was helpful. I had to pay the $10 per adult for breakfast (they didnt charge me for my children) Ive stayed at many Starwood properties and this is one of the best deals for your points.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »
Here's a question...with a place like the Plaza that we know is booked solid for Sukkos, how do they work out the people who book with points if there's literally no physical space to put everyone. Normally you would just put them up at a fancy hotel across the street but with the Plaza this is obviously impossible (due to Yom Tov and the Sukka they have and the Hashgocha etc.)
-Eli

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:50 PM »
Here's a question...with a place like the Plaza that we know is booked solid for Sukkos, how do they work out the people who book with points if there's literally no physical space to put everyone. Normally you would just put them up at a fancy hotel across the street but with the Plaza this is obviously impossible (due to Yom Tov and the Sukka they have and the Hashgocha etc.)
What do you mean?
Dont they only book starpoint rooms if there are rooms available?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 02:10:54 AM »
Apparantly there are no blackout dates for booking with points but what do they do if it's actually booked solid like it is.
-Eli

levi

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 03:09:23 AM »
Apparantly there are no blackout dates for booking with points but what do they do if it's actually booked solid like it is.
the rule is that as long as there are rooms for SALE then you may use points but if the hotel is sold out then you cannot use points

Offline sns

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 07:00:20 AM »
the rule is that as long as there are rooms for SALE then you may use points but if the hotel is sold out then you cannot use points
in israel not all the spg hotels honor this rule. for example, try booking sheraton moriah tlv for the next couple months-nothing available.but when u call the hotel direct they may very well have a room available. i wonder how they get around it.

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »
in israel not all the spg hotels honor this rule. for example, try booking sheraton moriah tlv for the next couple months-nothing available.but when u call the hotel direct they may very well have a room available. i wonder how they get around it.
The sheraton moriah are a bunch of a**holes! long story short, i stayed there for a shabbos in october and they didnt let me stay till after shabbos because checkout was 12
I was under the impression a religious jew in israel always gets checkout after shabbos anyone?

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »
The sheraton moriah are a bunch of a**holes! long story short, i stayed there for a shabbos in october and they didnt let me stay till after shabbos because checkout was 12
I was under the impression a religious jew in israel always gets checkout after shabbos anyone?
Not in Tel Aviv....

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »
thats nuts!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
You have to call SPG to book it, but if they are selling a room, you can use points for it.

Offline sns

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:46 AM »
You have to call SPG to book it, but if they are selling a room, you can use points for it.
i tried booking with spg, they told me there was nothing available for the dates i wanted. i called the hotel direct and they had  rooms for those dates(at outrageous rates). called back spg, they say sorry but as far as we can see here there's nothing.

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
I don't see what's outrageous about that.... never heard such a policy that religious people get to check out after shabbos, maybe some places in Jerusalem, or religious hotel, otherwise I don't think you have any valid complaint.. just my opinion

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »
i tried booking with spg, they told me there was nothing available for the dates i wanted. i called the hotel direct and they had  rooms for those dates(at outrageous rates). called back spg, they say sorry but as far as we can see here there's nothing.
If they are selling rooms for your dates on SPG.com then you can book with points. 
Call SPG back until you get a rep to do it for you.

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »
If they are selling rooms for your dates on SPG.com then you can book with points. 
Call SPG back until you get a rep to do it for you.
I think he is saying that SPG is not showing any available rooms.
There are only rooms available from the hotel directly; ie. a frum hotel finageling the bagel.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »
For which dates is the hotel not bookable on spg.com?

Offline sns

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »
For which dates is the hotel not bookable on spg.com?
i just checked for july 28-29  room bookable for $300. at the redeem points option it says please contact us by phone, i spoke to a rep who said there's no points redeemable rooms, because they only have executive rooms available.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
i just checked for july 28-29  room bookable for $300. at the redeem points option it says please contact us by phone, i spoke to a rep who said there's no points redeemable rooms, because they only have executive rooms available.
Are you logged in?
SPG.com lets me use points for those dates just fine.