Author Topic: NYC-Orlando Tickets  (Read 1885 times)

Offline sam28

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
NYC-Orlando Tickets
« on: August 15, 2010, 12:44:44 PM »
i would like to know where can i get cheap tickets from nyc to orlando i wont to go from aug 22 till the 30 i cant find anything under $ 350
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:49:55 PM by Dan »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Re: NYC-Orlando Tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
 how much is it to TPA

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
If you are adventurous you can try spiritair.com from lga or acy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »
If you are adventurous you can try spiritair.com from lga or acy
adventurous or masochistic?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »
adventurous or masochistic?
True, a friend of mine just "saved" a few hundred dollars by booking Spirit to MCO and then the flight was delayed for a few hours then canceled. "Compensation" for the 4 tix was a total of $100 in spirit vouchers for future Spirit flights.
They had to then rush from ACY to LGA to catch a JB flight they found....

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
He's better off selling the vouchers on ebay...
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
 PHL-TPA is $236 each use www.orbitz.com as they combine 2 different Carriers, since U want to go in 2 weeks,today should be the last day for the 14 adv tkts will cost more tommorrow. doubt theres anything cheaper

Offline The Travelin Man

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »
I am all about using alternative airports when appropriate, but the OP should consider the added cost of getting from NYC --> PHL and from TPA --> MCO.  At $236, s/he is saving about $100, but it would be pretty hard to not spend that same $100 commuting round trip between NY and Philly and between Tampa and Orlando.

If the OP's dates are flexible, it would appear that it is the Sunday departure that is driving the price of the ticket.  You could shave about $75 off the cost by flying ex-NYC on Monday, 8/23, and shave over $100 off the total by flying 8/23-31 instead of 8/22-30.

This is the last week of possible vacation time for those that have families before school starts up north, so flights NY-FLA are generally not cheap at this time. 

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
I am all about using alternative airports when appropriate, but the OP should consider the added cost of getting from NYC --> PHL and from TPA --> MCO.  At $236, s/he is saving about $100, but it would be pretty hard to not spend that same $100 commuting round trip between NY and Philly and between Tampa and Orlando.

If the OP's dates are flexible, it would appear that it is the Sunday departure that is driving the price of the ticket.  You could shave about $75 off the cost by flying ex-NYC on Monday, 8/23, and shave over $100 off the total by flying 8/23-31 instead of 8/22-30.

This is the last week of possible vacation time for those that have families before school starts up north, so flights NY-FLA are generally not cheap at this time. 

depending where 1 is leaving from its very possible to drive to PHL w/o spending 1 cent on tolls, and parking can be had for $7 a day (true if 1 is being d/o and p/u its $0

then all they have to pay is the $6 or $8 toll for the NJ-SI bridge and for gas. But getting it at the right places in Linden means you just saved whatever the toll is as gas is apx 50 cents a gal less in Linden then NY

so basically all 1 has is the extra drive time and for me saving $300 is Worth the drive maybe not for you

as for TPA-MCO I assumed and maybe Wrongly that no matter where the OP flys into they will be renting a car , so all they will have is a few $$ bucks more for the TPA-MCO drive

Its not for everybody but right now Im looking at driving up to BDL to get to PHX or BWI to get to SEA, yep the Fares are that NUTS out of NYC, and I can usually score a mattress run by either BDL or BWI on the cheap so I dont mind the drive