Author Topic: Chase Return Protection  (Read 17613 times)

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Return Protection
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
bought a suit for $600
including alterations
the suit jacket is too big on the shoulder (not fixable) store is offering a partial refund of $320 because of alterations
will chase cover? 
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
bought a suit for $600
including alterations
the suit jacket is too big on the shoulder (not fixable) store is offering a partial refund of $320 because of alterations
will chase cover?
Technically you can get the shoulders recut but it's a huge job and there's no guarantee that it'll come out right.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline RelatedToMendy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
I have the Sapphire Preferred and recently bought a hi riser bed (trundle bed), which I need to return, but the store won't take it back. The Return Protection People (3rd party) is telling me I need to send the entire thing to them, to get a refund. Shipping a bedframe is going to cost likely the same amount as the purchase price. Any suggestions on if there is a way around this clause? Admittedly, I didn't realize they would "REQUIRE" the item back. I was kinda hoping, like Amex, they would just tell me to do whatever I wanted with it. Anyone at Chase I can talk to? Anyone with similar experience with this card?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
I have the Sapphire Preferred and recently bought a hi riser bed (trundle bed), which I need to return, but the store won't take it back. The Return Protection People (3rd party) is telling me I need to send the entire thing to them, to get a refund. Shipping a bedframe is going to cost likely the same amount as the purchase price. Any suggestions on if there is a way around this clause? Admittedly, I didn't realize they would "REQUIRE" the item back. I was kinda hoping, like Amex, they would just tell me to do whatever I wanted with it. Anyone at Chase I can talk to? Anyone with similar experience with this card?
They are notorious for having a horrible rp program.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline greatluck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2018, 09:01:02 PM »
I filed a claim to return an appliance purchased from one of the big box stores. It just past the store's return time. I'll keep updating.
@sedge , any update?

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
Chase is worthless. As a matter of fact they just stopped communicating with me. I actually got the store to take the return after sometime. The store was Lowes. The item was a microwave. Built in