Author Topic: Misc Credit Card Questions  (Read 1912771 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Credit Card Questions
« Reply #1920 on: December 23, 2015, 08:05:20 PM »
Got declined for chase cc reason bec I had too many pulls this year the rep said that I should wait till Jan while still in the 30 Fay period and could be I'll get approved anyone know if chase decides on the pulls of a calendar year or not
That makes zero sense.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline doovid d

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 23, 2015, 08:10:50 PM »
Which part

Offline LifesGood

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 23, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »
Were you lying? Some places don't like obvious liers.
We do what we do to make it work.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 23, 2015, 11:16:37 PM »
Which part
Pulls don't go by calendar year, they go by age.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 23, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
I am a total noob about this so thank you for your help. I was thinking of doing a 4BM for four amex consumer cards (delta, hilton, everyday, and PRG). 1 by phone, 2 from google chrome incognito, and the 4th one by a different browser.

A Couple of questions about this: 

1)  is it hard to get a 4BM approved typically? (Last time I applied for a credit card was in October)
2) do you think it matters which order I apply for these cards? If so what order would be recommended.
3)  if I apply for all four in one day does each application take into consideration the previous amex card that I apply for?
4)  from what I understood it would be one pull for all four of these cards regardless if they were approved or denied correct? And the pull would be posted at the end of the day (decreasing my credit score by about 5-10 points)?

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 23, 2015, 11:44:25 PM »
I am a total noob about this so thank you for your help. I was thinking of doing a 4BM for four amex consumer cards (delta, hilton, everyday, and PRG). 1 by phone, 2 from google chrome incognito, and the 4th one by a different browser.

1)  is it hard to get a 4BM approved typically? (Last time I applied for a credit card was in October)
2) do you think it matters which order I apply for these cards? If so what order would be recommended.
3)  if I apply for all four in one day does each application take into consideration the previous amex card that I apply for?
4)  from what I understood it would be one pull for all four of these cards regardless if they were approved or denied correct? And the pull would be posted at the end of the day (decreasing my credit score by about 5-10 points)?
Three out if four of those are credit cards. I'd advise switching one for a charge card.
JTZ

Offline Cappy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »

You can't get approved for more than 1 revolver in a day. You could do the opposite scenario though.

1 cc and three charge cards and it should end up in 1 pull.

When you apply for more than 1 revolver in 1 day, you need to wait usually 5 days until they process the next.

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:34 PM »
We do what we do to make it work.

Lying is saying you had 2 drinks when you had 3.

Knowingly supplying false information on a CC app is fraud.

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 23, 2015, 11:53:09 PM »

There's no need to use all those different browsers unless you have to use them to find them best sign up bonuses.

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 23, 2015, 11:59:29 PM »
Three out if four of those are credit cards. I'd advise switching one for a charge card.

Which one isn't a credit card?
There's no need to use all those different browsers unless you have to use them to find them best sign up bonuses.

As far as I've seen, the best offers were from chrome so great.
You can't get approved for more than 1 revolver in a day. You could do the opposite scenario though.

1 cc and three charge cards and it should end up in 1 pull.

When you apply for more than 1 revolver in 1 day, you need to wait usually 5 days until they process the next.

Which cards are considered revolvers? Any MR cards?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 24, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »

PRG is a charge card

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 24, 2015, 12:04:54 AM »

Everyday and everyday preferred are MR earning (revolving) credit cards.
JTZ

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »
PRG is a charge card

So you are telling me the premier golds reward card, which has a 195 annual fee, is a charge card? Lol wow so how is the credit line determined then? Do I just make purchases and there is no limit?

Everyday and everyday preferred are MR earning (revolving) credit cards.

So the everyday card would be the only revolver credit card I would apply for. If  PRG is a charge card, it shouldn't have an impact on one another correct?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 24, 2015, 12:16:46 AM »
So you are telling me the premier golds reward card, which has a 195 annual fee, is a charge card? Lol wow so how is the credit line determined then? Do I just make purchases and there is no limit?

So the everyday card would be the only revolver credit card I would apply for. If  PRG is a charge card, it shouldn't have an impact on one another correct?
Its easier to get approved for several charge cards at once.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 24, 2015, 12:18:24 AM »

You can apply for as many charge cards as you want in a day, but the amex system will only approve one credit card. A second one will pend for five days and easily be auto approved afterwards. I wouldn't advise more than two revolving credit cards. Apply for as many charge cards as you like, though.
JTZ

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: December 24, 2015, 12:27:09 AM »
You can apply for as many charge cards as you want in a day, but the amex system will only approve one credit card. A second one will pend for five days and easily be auto approved afterwards. I wouldn't advise more than two revolving credit cards. Apply for as many charge cards as you like, though.

So in essence charge cards are much easier to get but what differences do they provide from a typical credit card? Also are charge cards and credit cards two different pulls regardless if done on same day?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 24, 2015, 12:27:57 AM »
So in essence charge cards are much easier to get but what differences do they provide from a typical credit card? Also are charge cards and credit cards two different pulls regardless if done on same day?
1 pull. Charge cards are paid in full every month, the revolving cards you can carry a balance over to the next month, you just gotta make the minimum due payment.

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 24, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
Charge cards have no preset spending limit, and must be paid in full each  statement. There is no option to carry a balance, something which you shouldn't be doing anyways. They are both issued by the same lender, so the pulls appear identically and are combined if done on one day. Because charge cards have no spending limit, money spent on them doesn't count towards your credit utilization.
JTZ

Offline Venilla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Mothering
« Reply #1938 on: December 24, 2015, 12:40:24 AM »
Just FYI, It will post when you submit the application.
I like vanilla but my name is Venilla.

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 24, 2015, 12:43:44 AM »
Charge cards have no preset spending limit, and must be paid in full each  statement. There is no option to carry a balance, something which you shouldn't be doing anyways. They are both issued by the same lender, so the pulls appear identically and are combined if done on one day. Because charge cards have no spending limit, money spent on them doesn't count towards your credit utilization.

Interesting.  So I take it the only way to pay for a charge card is by use of some form of cash no credit cards payments  or balance transfers can be done on them?

Does it matter which order to apply for charge cards vs credit cards?

I think at this rate what I'll do is apply for the PRG and everyday in one day and then wait about a month and apply for the delta and Hilton cards.