Author Topic: Misc Credit Card Questions  (Read 1912859 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Credit Card Questions
« Reply #1940 on: December 24, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »
We do what we do to make it work.
I'm not even gonna start on this. All I'm gonna say is that don't think the reason you were denied was because 100k wasn't enough. You were denied for giving them ****.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 24, 2015, 12:48:36 AM »
Interesting.  So I take it the only way to pay for a charge card is by use of some form of cash no credit cards payments  or balance transfers can be done on them?

Does it matter which order to apply for charge cards vs credit cards?

I think at this rate what I'll do is apply for the PRG and everyday in one day and then wait about a month and apply for the delta and Hilton cards.
The order makes no difference. Carrying balances is generally inadvisable anyways, unless you like paying loan shark interest rates. You can't pay any credit card with another credit card, not sure what you were referring to there. If you want points, some good deals are to be had with some of their charge cards.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Cappy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 24, 2015, 12:54:36 AM »
Interesting.  So I take it the only way to pay for a charge card is by use of some form of cash no credit cards payments  or balance transfers can be done on them?

You can do a BT from a charge to a revolver, but it usually doesn't make sense to do that..

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 24, 2015, 01:00:35 AM »
The order makes no difference. Carrying balances is generally inadvisable anyways, unless you like paying loan shark interest rates. You can't pay any credit card with another credit card, not sure what you were referring to there. If you want points, some good deals are to be had with some of their charge cards.

Sorry if I didn't articulate what I wanted to say correctly. I was asking since it's a charge card can I use any credit card to pay the balance of the PRG card for example or does it follow the normal rules of a typical credit card (where you can do a BT if you want or just make a regular credit card payment)?) the everyday card for instance has a 0% APR and balance transfer for 12 months  Obviously I don't want that to occur ever  but in the case where I might need to was wondering if it's possible to do

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 24, 2015, 01:03:30 AM »
Sorry if I didn't articulate what I wanted to say correctly. I was asking since it's a charge card can I use any credit card to pay the balance of the PRG card for example or does it follow the normal rules of a typical credit card (where you can do a BT if you want or just make a regular credit card payment)?) the everyday card for instance has a 0% APR and balance transfer for 12 months  Obviously I don't want that to occur ever  but in the case where I might need to was wondering if it's possible to do

You have to PIF (pay In full) a charge every month. You can't BT from the same creditor if that's what you're asking.

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 24, 2015, 01:04:36 AM »
when i applied for my freedom 2 years ago, it was my first ever cc so I was stupid and didnt think twice and just wrote that my income is 100k, I wana apply now for more chase cards, how do I go about it? Can I just write my real income what is 45k or since I wrote 100k 2 years ago it can be a problem if I write now 45k?
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 24, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
when i applied for my freedom 2 years ago, it was my first ever cc so I was stupid and didnt thinki twice and just wrote that my income is 100k, I wana apply now for more chase cards, how do I go about it? Can I just write my real income what is 45k or since I wrote 100k 2 years ago it can be a problem if I write now 45k?

I think it's a bigger problem if you keep on lieing.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 24, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »
when i applied for my freedom 2 years ago, it was my first ever cc so I was stupid and didnt think twice and just wrote that my income is 100k, I wana apply now for more chase cards, how do I go about it? Can I just write my real income what is 45k or since I wrote 100k 2 years ago it can be a problem if I write now 45k?
Just be honest. People's income change

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 24, 2015, 01:08:23 AM »

I think it's a bigger problem if you keep on lying.

+100000

Just be honest.

Always a good policy.
JTZ

Offline Marko Rubio

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 24, 2015, 01:09:53 AM »
Just be honest. People's income change
I think it's a bigger problem if you keep on lieing.

but it will not be funny for them that its 55k less just 2 years later? Maybe I should go somewhere in between?
Do u have any different idea for a signature?

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: December 24, 2015, 01:10:18 AM »
You have to PIF (pay In full) a charge every month. You can't BT from the same creditor if that's what you're asking.

For example, Let's say I have a balance of $1000 dollars on the PRG. Can I use the Amex everyday card or any other credit card to pay the balance of that charge card? If not, can I at least do a balance transfer of that $1000 that is on the PRG to a different credit card. That's essentially my question

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 24, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »
but it will not be funny for them that its 55k a difference in just 2 years? Maybe I should go somewhere in between?

Be honest. Simple

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:12 AM »
For example, Let's say I have a balance of $1000 dollars on the PRG. Can I use the Amex everyday card or any other credit card to pay the balance of that charge card? If not, can I at least do a balance transfer of that $1000 that is on the PRG to a different credit card. That's essentially my question
You can never use one credit card to pay another, irrelevant if it's a credit card or charge card.
JTZ

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:56 AM »

You can't pay a Credit Card with another credit card.

You can make a balance transfer from a Charge card to another credit card as long as you have an eligible offer and it's not the same creditor.  Example: Amex to Amex: No

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 24, 2015, 01:13:20 AM »
How do you currently pay off credit cards ?

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 24, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
You can never use one credit card to pay another, irrelevant if it's a credit card or charge card.

Makes sense thanks
You can't pay a Credit Card with another credit card.

You can make a balance transfer from a Charge card to another credit card as long as you have an eligible offer and it's not the same creditor.  Example: Amex to Amex: No

Ok that's what I wanted to know thanks!
How do you currently pay off credit cards ?

I have my checking account connected to my credit card. That's how I make payments

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 24, 2015, 01:19:48 AM »
Makes sense thanks

I have my checking account connected to my credit card. That's how I make payments
So why don't you just pay the charge cards the same way ?

Offline curry30

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 24, 2015, 01:22:40 AM »
So why don't you just pay the charge cards the same way ?

Didn't know they could be haha. Thought there would be additional/ different ways to pay them off because they are charge cards and not credit cards

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 24, 2015, 01:24:01 AM »
Didn't know they could be haha. Thought there would be additional/ different ways to pay them off because they are charge cards and not credit cards
The payment process works the same way just you must pay in full.

Offline Cappy

• View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 24, 2015, 01:25:31 AM »

I guess you have a lot of bitcoins  ;)