Author Topic: Misc Credit Card Questions  (Read 1866155 times)

Offline tanipollak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Credit Card Questions
« Reply #4740 on: September 25, 2016, 10:11:34 PM »
I pay $1,800 a month for rent and would love to get points for it instead of writing a check each month. Especially since I need to meet the $4,000 for the Reserve. Is there anyway without the 3% fee for CC on radpad that I can get MS spending?

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: September 25, 2016, 10:16:37 PM »
I pay $1,800 a month for rent and would love to get points for it instead of writing a check each month. Especially since I need to meet the $4,000 for the Reserve. Is there anyway without the 3% fee for CC on radpad that I can get MS spending?
Spend it through RadPad via android pay. It'll code as travel, and the 3X UR is worth more than the 3% (not to mention that the first $300 will be reimbursed).
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline tanipollak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: September 25, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »
I don't have an Android so I can't do that

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: September 25, 2016, 10:44:25 PM »
I don't have an Android so I can't do that
Use a friends
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: September 26, 2016, 11:13:07 AM »

My son wants a United card because of the luggage allowance.
He's over 5/24.
Can either his a Chase BA and a Slate be converted to a United Explorer?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline bestwatchman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: September 27, 2016, 08:44:21 AM »
I'd appreciate some professional advice from the ddf clan. Currently living in Europe with no income in the USA. been building debt on my us cards since I moved (2 yrs+). I have a spg business $25,000 cl, ink business $15,500.00 cl and csp $26,200.00 cl. I just payed off both chase cards leaving me owing $16,000ish on spg which I hope to pay down asap. What is my best course of action now? I'd like to get to a point where I do not/can not spend on the cards until I have a us stream of income (probably not within the next year). Don't want to ruin my credit as I may one day move back. So pros, what to do? Tia for any and all advice.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: September 27, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »
What does your score look like ?

Offline roey6

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: September 27, 2016, 09:10:01 AM »
Which Business card do you recommend opening at the moment, i currently have SPG, Ink cash and plus.
not interested in cash back only miles and points, which one you thing is the best offer now? thanks!!

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: September 27, 2016, 09:13:11 AM »
Which Business card do you recommend opening at the moment, i currently have SPG, Ink cash and plus.
not interested in cash back only miles and points, which one you thing is the best offer now? thanks!!
From a miles perspective, SPG is still the best business card for non category spend, and Ink Plus for 5X categories. You may want to get a Amex BGR for the 3X categories you don't have covered yet.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline bestwatchman

• View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: September 27, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
I'd appreciate some professional advice from the ddf clan. Currently living in Europe with no income in the USA. been building debt on my us cards since I moved (2 yrs+). I have a spg business $25,000 cl, ink business $15,500.00 cl and csp $26,200.00 cl. I just payed off both chase cards leaving me owing $16,000ish on spg which I hope to pay down asap. What is my best course of action now? I'd like to get to a point where I do not/can not spend on the cards until I have a us stream of income (probably not within the next year). Don't want to ruin my credit as I may one day move back. So pros, what to do? Tia for any and all advice.
What does your score look like ?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: September 27, 2016, 09:24:24 AM »
With a score of 770, you haven't ruined your credit up to now, while carrying all that debt.  So keep paying it down, and sit tight.
If you're afraid of spending on the cards, cancel them. If you cancel them, you can always apply for new cards if you need them when you hit the States in the future.
OR just cut them up. If you need them again, you'll need to get replacements which will take too long to get to you for impulse spending. But this will still leave  you the annual fees.

Offline bestwatchman

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: September 27, 2016, 09:35:54 AM »
With a score of 770, you haven't ruined your credit up to now, while carrying all that debt.  So keep paying it down, and sit tight.
If you're afraid of spending on the cards, cancel them. If you cancel them, you can always apply for new cards if you need them when you hit the States in the future.
OR just cut them up. If you need them again, you'll need to get replacements which will take too long to get to you for impulse spending. But this will still leave  you the annual fees.

Thank you. What happens to my credit lines if I cancel?

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: September 27, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »
Of course carrying the balances didn't ruin his credit. They're business cards. They won't report unless he stops making minimum payments. Only  problem with the debt sitting there is the interest.
JTZ

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »
Of course carrying the balances didn't ruin his credit. They're business cards. They won't report unless he stops making minimum payments. Only  problem with the debt sitting there is the interest.
Good point, although that was his main question.
Thank you. What happens to my credit lines if I cancel?
They disappear.  When you next apply for credit, they reevaluate your ability to pay, and choose an appropriate credit line to give you.
credit rating: If it was consumer cards, small, temporary hit to your credit rating.  Business cards, I think no change to your credit rating.

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
Btw , to save on interest fees consider doing a balance transfer, check if you have a promotional rate for 0% apr.

Offline roey6

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: September 28, 2016, 08:52:11 AM »
From a miles perspective, SPG is still the best business card for non category spend, and Ink Plus for 5X categories. You may want to get a Amex BGR for the 3X categories you don't have covered yet.
Thanks, I have an offer from Amex BGR for 75k but it came to the business that was here before i moved in(they went bankruptcy) is it possible to use it and just change the name on the app?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: September 28, 2016, 09:24:31 AM »
Btw , to save on interest fees consider doing a balance transfer, check if you have a promotional rate for 0% apr.
Good idea, but pay attention to the transfer fees. Sometimes they're as  high as 5 or 6%

Offline emjee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: September 28, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »
Thanks, I have an offer from Amex BGR for 75k but it came to the business that was here before i moved in(they went bankruptcy) is it possible to use it and just change the name on the app?
Try and don't report back

Offline roey6

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: September 28, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »
i just applied for the marriott business from chase, as far as i know, if Ill apply now to personal card i will not get another pull, is that right?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »
My son wants a United card because of the luggage allowance.
He's over 5/24.
Can either his a Chase BA or his Slate be converted to a United Explorer?
Any data points on this?