Author Topic: Misc Credit Card Questions  (Read 612803 times)

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Platinum Elite, American Express Platinum
Re: Misc Credit Card Questions
« Reply #9150 on: January 29, 2020, 02:10:36 AM »
also i have about 2000 amex spg bonvoy points, what can i do with such a small amount? not planning on earning more of those, not doing spending on that card
Itís called Marriott points, and the answer to that is just about nothing
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: January 29, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
I have a Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard. received the bonus of 70,000 points and used it already. the yearly fee is coming up soon. however, I don't really use it anymore. I called them to try to downgrade to a different card and they checked my account and said that card can't be downgraded. (basically they only allow downgrading on a case by case basis)

does anyone have any options to avoid the annual fee? and if not, is it worth it to keep it open? thanks

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: January 29, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »
I have a Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard. received the bonus of 70,000 points and used it already. the yearly fee is coming up soon. however, I don't really use it anymore. I called them to try to downgrade to a different card and they checked my account and said that card can't be downgraded. (basically they only allow downgrading on a case by case basis)

does anyone have any options to avoid the annual fee? and if not, is it worth it to keep it open? thanks
Check out this DOC post, as well as this DDF post.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: January 29, 2020, 09:25:23 PM »
Check out this DOC post, as well as this DDF post.

THANKS!!! :) :) :)

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: February 02, 2020, 03:05:33 PM »
Anyone know if it's possible to convert a Citi biz AA to a Costco biz card?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline RebTuvia

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: February 02, 2020, 10:04:36 PM »
I applied and got approved for the Capital One Spark Miles last week, its not showing on my credit report yet, I'm currently 3/24, how likely will I get approved for the 2 out of the 3 Chase Inks right now?

Online ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: February 02, 2020, 11:43:58 PM »
I applied and got approved for the Capital One Spark Miles last week, its not showing on my credit report yet, I'm currently 3/24, how likely will I get approved for the 2 out of the 3 Chase Inks right now?
Ink, as business cards, don't add to the 5/24 count.  After the Spark is added, you're at 4/24.  You can keep getting business cards, and it won't bring you to 5/24.

Offline RebTuvia

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: February 03, 2020, 12:12:05 AM »
Ink, as business cards, don't add to the 5/24 count.  After the Spark is added, you're at 4/24.  You can keep getting business cards, and it won't bring you to 5/24.
Doesn't Chase have a limit on how many they approve per 30 days (besides 5/24)? 

Offline simplicity

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: February 03, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »
how does it work with selling g.e. or tsa-pre the buyer takes my c.c. number and puts it in online?

Offline Joel2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE
« Reply #9159 on: February 03, 2020, 10:56:34 PM »
how does it work with selling g.e. or tsa-pre the buyer takes my c.c. number and puts it in online?
Yes

Offline smaxber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:18 AM »
What are people doing now to get Marriott points? After the devaluation in august 2018 I know lot of people are not putting spend on it but what other ways are there? Are you you converting from amex?

Online yungermanchik

• View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: February 04, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »
What are people doing now to get Marriott points? After the devaluation in august 2018 I know lot of people are not putting spend on it but what other ways are there? Are you you converting from amex?
Mostly sign-up bonuses and an upgrade bonus (50k ended up being 90K) for me

Offline R0BR0B

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: February 05, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Just block Amex so they can't bother you as otherwise they will call every single day about accounts that don't even have anything due just because the system override let you go over the limit so its flagging your account as one they must call now.

Also, paying by 8PM MST (10PM EST) on the due date is most important in order to prevent late payment penalties and interest, credit score reduction, loss of Amex rewards, and loss of system override.  Its better just to pay and let it bounce at the bank once and pay the $36 fee to bank and $36 fee to Amex for the overdraft than to pay late.

We recently ran into this issue where we had due date on a Thursday so we waited until 9:10pm EST to pay it hoping it wouldn't post until the following week as we'd have the money in the bank come that following Monday.  The next day on Friday the account was clear and we billed a lot of new charges to the account.  Even Monday we rebilled a bunch of additional charges to the account so much that we maxed card $300K above its limit seeing that the system override was in full effect.  It wasn't until 2 business days into the following week that we saw the $36 overdraft fee on Amex side but by then we had new posted charges taking the balance $300K above its limit and that was after counting the payment that eventually cleared the following week on the 2nd attempt Amex made.  We earned all the rewards and account shows as clear and all we had to pay was the $36 twice.

Based on our experiment/experience, paying on due date by 8PM MST is a must.  Amex will reattempt for total of 3 times before it will go down as a no payment.  2x$36 = $72 in Overdraft fees are much better alternative than late payment penalties and interest, credit score reduction, loss of Amex rewards, and loss of system override.  When you pay just know it will take about 2 business days for them to find out it bounced so you have all that time to charge the card up some more so if you have vendors that want money, get them to accept the Amex with markup.  That way you are postponing that money coming out of your bank.  Also, for the new charges, place them the day after statement date so that way you have 29 days until they post as due.

These are all the best tricks to managing Amex calls and card payments.

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
  • Programs: Spg plat hertz pc national ee enterprise plat
« Reply #9163 on: February 06, 2020, 07:35:15 AM »
can i make seprate logins for my chase cards?
biz cc, personal cc,checking...

Offline Joel2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE
« Reply #9164 on: February 06, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »
can i make seprate logins for my chase cards?
biz cc, personal cc,checking...
Yes. Call chase