Author Topic: Misc Credit Card Questions  (Read 1865477 times)

Offline HoKo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Credit Card Questions
« Reply #10180 on: August 06, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »
Done a few times.
They were able to transfer to AA over the phone, now I just hope that the miles come in before my hold expires. (business web special)

Based on this DP it should be pretty quick: https://travelwithgrant.boardingarea.com/2021/07/19/transfer-times-from-citi-thankyou-points-to-american-airlines-miles-posted-12-13-hours-later/

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: August 07, 2021, 11:17:45 PM »
Based on this DP it should be pretty quick: https://travelwithgrant.boardingarea.com/2021/07/19/transfer-times-from-citi-thankyou-points-to-american-airlines-miles-posted-12-13-hours-later/
Update: it took from Friday morning to sometime on shabbos.

Good thing the holds are advertised as 24 hours but actually gave me until midnight the next day

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: August 07, 2021, 11:36:41 PM »
anyone ever got auto-declined by chase after applying for a biz card? it never happened to me till yesterday (always got pending/app review first and then declined unless success with recon) and was wondering.
Are you over 5/24?

Offline Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: August 08, 2021, 12:28:28 AM »
Are you over 5/24?

No, 3/24 as focus on business cards.

Even odder was that when I called recon, they said my app is not eligible for reconsideration. Huh?

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: August 11, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »
Will consolidating credit lines and then closing the associated cards hurt my credit score and/or relationship with chase? I Figured to trim 3 freedom cards from portfolio and just keep the oldest one.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10185 on: August 11, 2021, 09:26:19 PM »
Will consolidating credit lines and then closing the associated cards hurt my credit score and/or relationship with chase? I Figured to trim 3 freedom cards from portfolio and just keep the oldest one.
Won’t hurt your credit.
If they’re older cards and you’re not immediately asking for new cards, I think Chase will forgive you. 
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: August 11, 2021, 10:12:34 PM »
Won’t hurt your credit.
If they’re older cards and you’re not immediately asking for new cards, I think Chase will forgive you.

actually in middle of a recon and rep told me I already have too many (unused) cards i.e. 9 so figured to drop a few and call again.

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: August 11, 2021, 10:13:42 PM »
actually in middle of a recon and rep told me I already have too many (unused) cards i.e. 9 so figured to drop a few and call again.
If the rep’s issue is unused why not put a few dollars on them here & there ?

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: August 11, 2021, 11:45:33 PM »
If the rep’s issue is unused why not put a few dollars on them here & there ?

Was both, but he kept harping on # cards I have more then the total unused credit line.

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: August 12, 2021, 07:45:15 AM »
Regarding the chase United explorer card —-  Maybe someone could help me with some advice. I got this United explorer card 11 months ago with the intention of getting the bonus (was 60k at the time, first year fee waived) and then cashing out somehow (through selling) and then downgrading or closing the card. I have now 65k points. I called up and 2 different reps confirmed with me that I can cash out my United points at a rate of 1.5 per point as a statement credit against previous charges. I would have to call up and redeem over the phone. So im thinking about cashing out and downgrading  to the United gateways… the question is maybe I should keep this card/ the points. I’ve seen from different posts that United award flights could be helpful and the United points could come in handy….but I really don’t fly that often. Married for 4 years and flew Nyc-Miami 2x. If I keep the card I pay 95$ but maybe it’s worth it for the ability to book award flights (which I don’t have a clue how to do) the free bags/lounges and other perks etc and ….and 2 - maybe even if i downgrade to save the annual fee is it smart to cash out the points at 1.5 each? Or save them for flying? Which honestly who knows when the next time I get on a plane would be…..sorry for the long post and thanks for the help

Bump

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: August 17, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »
Regarding the chase United explorer card —-  Maybe someone could help me with some advice. I got this United explorer card 11 months ago with the intention of getting the bonus (was 60k at the time, first year fee waived) and then cashing out somehow (through selling) and then downgrading or closing the card. I have now 65k points. I called up and 2 different reps confirmed with me that I can cash out my United points at a rate of 1.5 per point as a statement credit against previous charges. I would have to call up and redeem over the phone. So im thinking about cashing out and downgrading  to the United gateways… the question is maybe I should keep this card/ the points. I’ve seen from different posts that United award flights could be helpful and the United points could come in handy….but I really don’t fly that often. Married for 4 years and flew Nyc-Miami 2x. If I keep the card I pay 95$ but maybe it’s worth it for the ability to book award flights (which I don’t have a clue how to do) the free bags/lounges and other perks etc and ….and 2 - maybe even if i downgrade to save the annual fee is it smart to cash out the points at 1.5 each? Or save them for flying? Which honestly who knows when the next time I get on a plane would be…..sorry for the long post and thanks for the help
If you don't fly often it probably doesn't pay to keep the card. You can downgrade to the free card and still get the expanded award availability. As far as cahing out at 1.5 cpp I don't think that's accurate. (you can pay for the annual fee like that but I think thats it)

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: August 21, 2021, 11:57:18 PM »
If you don't fly often it probably doesn't pay to keep the card. You can downgrade to the free card and still get the expanded award availability. As far as cahing out at 1.5 cpp I don't think that's accurate. (you can pay for the annual fee like that but I think thats it)

Ye called back and spoke to 3 different reps and they all said I can’t cash out for 1.5 cpp….I don’t know why the other 2 reps 2 weeks ago said what they said….I never mentioned anything about annual fee while talking to them….. oh well it was a nice wish

Offline abed

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: August 25, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
Trying to build my cc portfolio to maximize points, rn have the freedom unlimited and saf perf and nothing else(only 2 of the 5/24 slots taken).
What should be my next moves (next 3-5 ccs)?
Would prefer transferable points for hotels and flights, and cards that can give me elite statuses with airline/hotels/lounges.
Pretty loaded question, would really appreciate any guidance. Feel free to Pm me.
Thanks

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: August 25, 2021, 05:45:53 PM »
any easy way to determine whether a charge will be categorized as a travel purchase for barclay's arrival travel redemption?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: August 25, 2021, 05:49:58 PM »
any easy way to determine whether a charge will be categorized as a travel purchase for barclay's arrival travel redemption?
They are very broad with it. Not sure if there is any good way to know before though.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Shmuel4

• View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: August 25, 2021, 08:47:35 PM »
From when a statement closes, is it immediate or takes a few days before reporting to the credit bureaus?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: August 26, 2021, 09:09:22 AM »
They are very broad with it. Not sure if there is any good way to know before though.

booking close to airport parking through sites such as way.com etc..?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: August 26, 2021, 09:46:54 AM »
booking close to airport parking through sites such as way.com etc..?
I don't know for certain, but that sounds like it would work. Keep in mind, I believe the charge needs to be $100+ to redeem points for it.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: August 26, 2021, 11:48:43 AM »
I don't know for certain, but that sounds like it would work. Keep in mind, I believe the charge needs to be $100+ to redeem points for it.
or $25 for the no annual fee version

in the past if I recall it did not come up as a travel redemption option but that was years ago, wondering if any current dp?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: August 27, 2021, 11:30:01 AM »
Just finished the spend on the second Amex Business Gold Card that came off a no language offer and the points posted. Have another offer now for the same card again no language. How dangerous is it to go to for Round 3 so close together?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.