Author Topic: Remote car starter system  (Read 7171 times)

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Remote car starter system
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
There’s a guy Gelbwachs in Lakewood that does it. He also programs your existing remote to control it.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »
There’s a guy Gelbwachs in Lakewood that does it. He also programs your existing remote to control it.

I dont live in lakewood  ;D ;D
Also, looking for anyone that knows about this model... since i have no clue https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compustar-1-button-remote-starter-t-harness-kit-2nd-gen-black/6046704.p?skuId=6046704

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »
Reviving an old thread...

Anyone familiar with all the different remote starter options?
I called 3 different people in Lakewood who do this. They each use different systems (Compustar, Clifford, and Avital). They seem to usually give you a separate remote starter piece, but one guy told me he most commonly reprograms the Toyota key (so no extra remote piece). That seems to be how Toyota themself does it, just if it's not included with your car, they charge a lot. Does that mean he's not using aftermarket parts, and there's less risk of running into issues? I'd prefer having it programmed into the key, but the range is terrible, compared to the aftermarket remotes.
I'd also love to know the differences in the brands and systems... one guy is significantly cheaper, but of course, the system he uses is also likely much cheaper and lower quality.

There are also differences in whether it's a 1 way or 2 way system (seems that they mostly do 1 way, which are cheaper) (2 way system would tell you if it turned your car on I believe). Remotes can come with 1 button just to start, or can come with 4 buttons to also be used as clicker (but likely bigger). There are also options to start from mobile (which give you unlimited range), but those cost a lot more, plus an annual fee (for the data in the car I believe).

Any and all guidance is appreciated. 2018 Camry, non push start.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 05:17:05 PM by ShimshonK »

Offline yaakovely

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 07:24:57 PM »
Reviving an old thread...

Anyone familiar with all the different remote starter options?
I called 3 different people in Lakewood who do this. They each use different systems (Compustar, Clifford, and Avital). They seem to usually give you a separate remote starter piece, but one guy told me he most commonly reprograms the Toyota key (so no extra remote piece). That seems to be how Toyota themself does it, just if it's not included with your car, they charge a lot. Does that mean he's not using aftermarket parts, and there's less risk of running into issues? I'd prefer having it programmed into the key, but the range is terrible, compared to the aftermarket remotes.
I'd also love to know the differences in the brands and systems... one guy is significantly cheaper, but of course, the system he uses is also likely much cheaper and lower quality.

There are also differences in whether it's a 1 way or 2 way system (seems that they mostly do 1 way, which are cheaper) (2 way system would tell you if it turned your car on I believe). Remotes can come with 1 button just to start, or can come with 4 buttons to also be used as clicker (but likely bigger). There are also options to start from mobile (which give you unlimited range), but those cost a lot more, plus an annual fee (for the data in the car I believe).

Any and all guidance is appreciated. 2018 Camry, non push start.
Try speaking with Nachi (732) 996 - 7774 . He installed my remote starter for a good price and I am happy with it.