Author Topic: OnePass or some other program  (Read 4492 times)

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: OnePass or some other program
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »
If i am flying on a booked swiss air flight operated by el al what programs i could earn miles in? could i earn miles in co aa or el al?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »
If i am flying on a booked swiss air flight operated by el al what programs i could earn miles in? could i earn miles in co aa or el al?

CO no since its not Swiss metal, if its a Swiss tkt # then probably no for AA as well. So that leaves ElAl or M&M (Swiss's program)

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »
thanks that what i thought. but only realized this once i booked the ticket:-(

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
thanks that what i thought. but only realized this once i booked the ticket:-(

the General rule is to look at which Carrier will be operating the flight, since as in this case the operating Carrier (ElAl) isnt a member of any Alliance, that means even thou Swiss and ElAl maybe partners or code-share on each others flights it wont be of any use in getting Mileage credit except on either of the 2 Carriers programs themselves.

with AA & ElAl you can earn Miles but not status miles when flying ElAl and crediting AA, but here you are tkted on Swiss and AA & Swiss arent partners, had it been an ElAl tkt issue then you should have been able to get AA credit as long as the Fare Basis is 1 that earns miles, some earn 50% others 0,others 100%

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »
It's possible that sending in your El Al boarding pass to AA would result in mileage credit.
YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »
It's possible that sending in your El Al boarding pass to AA would result in mileage credit.
YMMV.

as long as the tkt# isnt on the BP, havent flown on a paid LY flight so I cant comment on their BPs but most of my BPs have my tkt # on them and 1 look and Bingo if the 1st 3 #s doesnt correspond to showing its an LY tkt. (its sort of like a CC where each set of #s tells them them what kind of CC it is, which Bank or comp issued it etc etc) the 1st 3 #s of a tkt corresponds to each Carrier eg 0161111111111 tells the Travel World that its a UA tkt even if Im not on a UA metal flight, so send in a BP with a tkt# that starts with 016 to AA for LY credit should raise some eyebrows and cause them to look into it

after all I can be on a UA flight IAD-FRA and then be connecting onto an LY flight with ElAl flight #  and be requesting credit for the FRA-TLV flight assuming it can earn AA credit, but Id expect once AA sees the '016' that they will want to do a proper search to make sure I wasnt on a UA code-share flight (doesnt exist) before actually giving me any credit. Could be the Right person on the right day wont want to bother and deal with all the checking

nothing to lose but dont get credit on ElAl or Swiss if you are gonna try sending it into AA as theers a good chance they may find out you already got credit for it on whomever