Author Topic: Verizon Internet  (Read 13858 times)

Offline SavingsBigtime

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Verizon Internet
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
There is no verizon Internet topic only optimum so I started this one .

optimum is not available in my apt whats the best Verizon deal out there ?

when i called them they said internet with speeds up to 7 ,plus phone for unlimited calling in us for $50 plus tax

Also a one time setup of $19.99 and a one time payment for a modem / router for  $39

Offline katherine123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Verizon Internet
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »
Is this fee for FIOS? I'm paying $75 a month! Just signed up for 2 years with them.

Offline SavingsBigtime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »
no regular speeds .

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
Does anyone have a number for Verizon DSL retention? I'm paying ~$63/mo for unlimited phone + 1.5mbps DSL, and Optimum currently has a promotion for $50/mo for phone with 15mbps.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »
Does anyone have a number for Verizon DSL retention? I'm paying ~$63/mo for unlimited phone + 1.5mbps DSL, and Optimum currently has a promotion for $50/mo for phone with 15mbps.
Bump.

Offline gabis

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »
im paying $59 + tax (total of around 65) for triple play Verizon FIOS. (unlimited phone, internet 50/5 I signed up with them and then canceled, (within 30 days) but because i had the box they did anything to get me back)

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
im paying $59 + tax (total of around 65) for triple play Verizon FIOS. (unlimited phone, internet 50/5 I signed up with them and then canceled, (within 30 days) but because i had the box they did anything to get me back)
Wow, thats an amazing rate.

Offline sml67

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

please elaborate :)

Offline rangersin4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: -CLASSIFIED-
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
Yes, PLEASE!
The box isn't so valuable that they would offer so low. When did you sign up? Also, do you have TV also? You only mention phone and internet in your ()

Offline samzyr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
I pay for fios 44.98

Offline peacenlove613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
How much do you pay in taxes?

Offline gabis

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
Yes, PLEASE!
The box isn't so valuable that they would offer so low. When did you sign up? Also, do you have TV also? You only mention phone and internet in your ()

What happened?
I had optimum for 65 and I was sick of their service, so I signed up for Verizon and they installed a fios box. Then when I called to cancel optimum they promised me the world. Optimum lowered the monthly charge for a year and gave me 50/5 Internet.
I then canceled Verizon.

I kept getting mail from Verizon with good rates for a triple play, and started singing up only to realize it would be 85 a month so I dropped it.
About 2 weeks later I got a letter from Verizon that they would offer me a credit of 10 a month, and there was another deal I found online for another 10 off and I put the deals together.
But not before I told Verizon I would cancel because I am getting 50 mps from optimum.  They gave me that too.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »
Had this chat with Fios, can someone confirm that a regular router wont work with FIOS?

Call center employee on Live chat Call center employee on Live chat Live Chat WindowClick to Reload Chat
A Verizon eCenter Representative will be right with you. Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
Agent Martina has joined. (12:45:57)
Martina : Chat ID for this session is 04271459160. (12:45:57)
Martina(12:45:57): Hello. Thank you for choosing Verizon and visiting our Verizon chat service. May we view your account information, including the services you subscribe to, to assist you during this chat with respect to available Verizon products and services? You may deny us permission, which will have no effect on your current services. Under federal law, it is your right and our duty to protect your account information. May I have permission to review your account?
You(12:46:23): Hi, are there any additional installation fees and what are the monthly taxes and fees total?
Martina(12:47:38): Hi! Thank you for considering Verizon residential services. I would be happy to answer your each of the questions and walk you through the online order process step by step to complete an order online.
Martina(12:48:13): As per current online promotions we have waived new service activation fee.
Martina(12:48:34): Also, we offer Free professional technician installation for your up to three TVs and primary computer.
You(12:49:05): Is there a way to not take an equipment package? I see that the monthly fee is 7.99. I dont need the equipment
You(12:52:29): Also, is there anyway to use my own router. (netgear), I dont want to "rent" a router
Martina(12:52:29): I am sorry, but in order to proceed with the online order at this time you would need to select alteast one TV equipment.
You(12:53:11): Is always the mandatory "add ons" that have kept me with optimum... Thanks anyway
Martina(12:54:41): It is not required to keep the TV equipment. It is just to complete an order process. You can return your Set Top Box to Verizon once the services are activated at your location vis ups or drop at Verizon store in your area.
Martina(12:55:01): Let me share there are various wireless Router available in the market which are only compatible with cable Internet service, but not with FiOS Internet service which is provided on the fiber channel. That is the reason you would need to have Wireless Router provided by Verizon.
Martina(12:55:26): FiOS compatible Wireless Router will also enable you to create a home network so that multiple computers can be online at the same time. Your router also contains special diagnostic software that can help us trouble shoot and correct problems should you experience trouble with your Internet connection.
You(12:56:18): Ok I thought any cheap router can do all of the above. How is fios internet different?
Martina(12:58:19): Let me share FiOS Internet service is provided on the fiber cable channels that is different than the cable Internet service. There are different slots and wiring for Fiber channels internet service. To connect Wireless Router with FiOS Internet service, Wireless Router has to be compatible with Fiber cable channel network.
You(12:58:45): Ok thanks for now. appreciate it have a nice day!

Please type your message here :
End Chat
Send Message
Security Certificate Image           
A A A
Sound on or off

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
Had this chat with Fios, can someone confirm that a regular router wont work with FIOS?
Fios isn't a regular cable. The rep is correct.

Offline mickeyg

• $336 Israel Deal Finder
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, UA Silver, DL Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AVIS President's Club, Hertz #1 Gold
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

For verizon, their router is their modem as well....ask them if they have a lower priced modem that can be used with FiOS?
I have nothing witty to write here....

Offline meher

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »
For verizon the modem is not the router.  The  modem is installed in a closet (or possibly somewhere in your basement if you have one)

Verizon's service is better but the last time I had it, they wouldn't do anything that was cheaper than what I was offered for cablevision after my first year discounts were up. I end up switching back and forth every other year. 

I'm now paying $39.99/month for tv and internet which comes to about $68 with taxes, cable boxes and multi room dvr.  Cablevision couldn't offer me something that came out to less money than verizon was offering when I called to cancel.

I was paying about 115 to cablevision for triple play with the slightly higher internet speed but they don't guarantee any speed and sometimes it was slow.

I do miss a couple of channels that I had on cable, but fios has a couple that cable didn't have.  Not worth spending a ton of money for tv IMO.

Offline mickeyg

• $336 Israel Deal Finder
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, UA Silver, DL Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AVIS President's Club, Hertz #1 Gold
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
For verizon the modem is not the router.  The  modem is installed in a closet (or possibly somewhere in your basement if you have one)
The modem for customer use of internet is built into the router...in my area they use Actiontec...if the "router" takes the coaxial cable, its a modem...
I have nothing witty to write here....

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
Verizon is now charging me $77.99 for FIOS 20/5. :(

Offline KidOOO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »
Not sure if this is a new deal but first time i am seeing it

www.verizon.com/home/bundles/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:53:23 PM by KidOOO »

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »
Makes no sense.... for 25/25 its 49.95 for 50/50 plus tv plus HBO its 50$ ?
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.