Author Topic: Yes, I'm a Cubs Fan  (Read 86493 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Yes, I'm a Cubs Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
It is kind of sad how little respect CLE gets. LA or the Cubs would most likely be the favorite over them. All they did was win 7 out of 8, go figure.
Lol, to be fair it's probably largely because our pitching has been unbelievable and no one could have ever predicted that. So they probably are just waiting for it to totally fall apart.

If the Indians pull this off with 3 of its top 5 pitchers injured Tito should be inducted into the HOF within 1 year of retirement.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
It is kind of sad how little respect CLE gets. LA or the Cubs would most likely be the favorite over them. All they did was win 7 out of 8, go figure.

I agree vs LA but Chi would be favored against any team and rightfully so. They have put together one of the best regular seasons of recent memory, toward the top of the league in hitting and pitching. Losing a game here and there in the postseason doesn't diminish your odds of winning it all. I am painfully reminded of a team that started 7-2 last postseason, with one loss on a cheap call and another on a gem by an ace, and still lost the WS in five games.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »
A big factor in figure the odds is the market the team is in. CLE just isn't a big market.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Barryg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
Lol, to be fair it's probably largely because our pitching has been unbelievable and no one could have ever predicted that. So they probably are just waiting for it to totally fall apart.

If the Indians pull this off with 3 of its top 5 pitchers injured Tito should be inducted into the HOF within 1 year of retirement.
Any update on Bauer's pinky?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2016, 05:40:16 PM »
Cubs 165-150 favorites.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2016, 05:43:08 PM »
At least they have faith in CLE winning the LCS.  :)

Team                       Win LCS   Win WS
Cleveland Indians         100%          42.6%
Chicago Cubs                54.0%          31.2%
Los Angeles Dodgers    46.0%          26.2%

2016 WORLD SERIES ODDS
Team   Odds
Cleveland Indians   +140
Chicago Cubs   +140
Los Angeles Dodgers   +325

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2016, 01:49:28 AM »
6 W's in the books 5 to go...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2016, 06:49:53 AM »
6 W's in the books 5 to go...
...is it wrong not to feel bad if they don't win it?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »
I always said if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Cubs get a chance to do that Saturday against the best pitcher in baseball.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »
I always said if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Cubs get a chance to do that Saturday against the best pitcher in baseball.
And if that doesnt work out theres always Sunday. So I guess you dont have to
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »
...is it wrong not to feel bad if they don't win it?
I wouldn't even feel bad if they don't win WS this year since the way the team is built they will likely be the strongest team in the league for this year plus the next five years. If they were to not win one WS until 2021 some crazy stuff would need to happen and then your Q of feeling for them would be in play.
The fact that they know that there's no pressure (unlike the Jays who are prob losing EE and Bautista to free agency) plus the fact that they already faced the toughest team that they will face in 2016
Speaking of the best, the Giants are prob. the hardest team to face in the playoffs as they haven't lost a playoff series in just about forever.
and they came from down 2-1 to Dodgers and won two on road makes them heavy favorites.

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2016, 12:20:11 PM »
I wouldn't even feel bad if they don't win WS this year since the way the team is built they will likely be the strongest team in the league for this year plus the next five years. If they were to not win one WS until 2021 some crazy stuff would need to happen and then your Q of feeling for them would be in play.
The fact that they know that there's no pressure (unlike the Jays who are prob losing EE and Bautista to free agency) plus the fact that they already faced the toughest team that they will face in 2016 and they came from down 2-1 to Dodgers and won two on road makes them heavy favorites.
if you have followed baseball, you should know that is really a foolish approach
the nats thought that in 2012 and they shut down strasburg, and havent made it past the nlds
the mets had higher expectations this year and look how it turned out
i understand the cubs seem to be built stronger than those teams, but you really never know in this sport what will happen and how things will turn out.
and they came from down 2-1 to Dodgers and won two on road makes them heavy favorites.
dont compare urias and maeda to kershaw and hill

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
if you have followed baseball, you should know that is really a foolish approach

So true. Nats saved Strass in 2012 bc they would have plenty of opportunities. They're still waiting to play in an NLCS 4 years later. Mets this year also a good example. All you need is Kris Bryant to tear an ACL and Lester or Arietta to have shoulder pain and the dynasty disappears fast. Win when you're here because you never know if/when you'll be back.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2016, 03:41:30 PM »
the nats thought that in 2012 and they shut down strasburg, and havent made it past the nlds
the mets had higher expectations this year and look how it turned out
i understand the cubs seem to be built stronger than those teams, but you really never know in this sport what will happen and how things will turn out. dont compare urias and maeda to kershaw and hill
Not sure if there's ever been a build like this before. Apparently the Nats weren't built as well and the Mets relied on young pitching. I just said favorites as I'm sure even Cleveland fans will tell you that this year that Boston was a better team, but the best team doesn't always win. Besides Bumgarner (and now it seems that Lester is in the mix) no one compared to Kershaw.
So true. Nats saved Strass in 2012 bc they would have plenty of opportunities. They're still waiting to play in an NLCS 4 years later. Mets this year also a good example. All you need is Kris Bryant to tear an ACL and Lester or Arietta to have shoulder pain and the dynasty disappears fast. Win when you're here because you never know if/when you'll be back.
For the record Schwarber is injured for the year and the dynasty hasn't gone anywhere.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
The fact that they know that there's no pressure (unlike the Jays who are prob losing EE and Bautista to free agency) plus the fact that they already faced the toughest team that they will face in 2016 and they came from down 2-1 to Dodgers and won two on road makes them heavy favorites.
Ever hear of fan Marino

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2016, 08:24:14 PM »
For the record Schwarber is injured for the year and the dynasty hasn't gone anywhere.
News from today. Schwarber to play in AFL tonight and he might make WS roster (if the Cubs make the WS, that is).

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »
Dodgers only chance may be if Bartman makes another 8th inning appearance.
Risk is opportunity

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »
The curse i broken! Congrats cubs fans

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:51 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2016, 11:09:01 PM »
Congrats to Cubs nation on getting to the world series for the 1st time in 71 years.

Maybe next year you'll even win it!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.