Author Topic: Sydney Master Thread  (Read 60106 times)

Offline Smirk

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Australia Master Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
http://www.youngadultchabad.org/
the chabad guy is really nice, call him and ask him, when i was there he offered to find me a place to sleep for shabbos

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
Smirk, can you e-mail that guy you told me to e-mail and say something like "Hey, I gave someone your email address. He needs a place to stay..." cuz he didn't respond to me and it's been a day.
-Eli

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »
Smirk, can you e-mail that guy you told me to e-mail and say something like "Hey, I gave someone your email address. He needs a place to stay..." cuz he didn't respond to me and it's been a day.
Funny, i emailed him last week randomly and haven't received a response yet, did you ask Chicago people for his number? or maybe ask Aussiebochur to hunt it down

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »
Funny, i emailed him last week randomly and haven't received a response yet, did you ask Chicago people for his number? or maybe ask Aussiebochur to hunt it down
Looks like it's 61-4-2515-2404
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
Looks like it's 61-4-2515-2404
i dont get it, what am i missing??

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »
i dont get it, what am i missing??
What don't you get?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »
Were looking for someones # and we didn't say a name, how would you know who were talking bout

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Were looking for someones # and we didn't say a name, how would you know who were talking bout
Whoops, lol.
I assumed you wanted the number for the director of that Young Adult Chabad...

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
Lol :P

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »
I'm laughing...

Smirk, I guess I'll our chicago connections but I can't imagine they have a number for him. Is there some sort of Sydney Jewish Listing? Can you PM me the spelling of his last name?
-Eli

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
I'm laughing...

Smirk, I guess I'll our chicago connections but I can't imagine they have a number for him. Is there some sort of Sydney Jewish Listing? Can you PM me the spelling of his last name?

I would imagine they do, his daughter stayed in Chicago for a couple of weeks, and maybe try going to his website (his email) and call his office

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 06:26:25 AM »
For all of who who were working day and night to get me a place to stay in Sydney...I got one. Thanks...you can take a break now and go get a slice of pizza.
-Eli

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »
I have found these flights, is it backwards to go through London?

2/5 CO9690 (Virgin) JFK-LHR  10:25pm-10:30am  Biz
2/6 VS200   (Virgin) LHR-SYD  9:25pm- 7:20am   Biz

2/22 VS201   (Virgin) SYD-LHR 3:45pm-4:50am   Biz
2/23 CO9689 (Virgin) LHR-JFK  4:50pm-8:00pm   Biz

If i tally up flights according to what it says per each its quite alot. If im not mistaken dont i look how much a flight from JFK-SYD is and its that? (67,500)

I want to got to one of the following for a week (can i do it on same *A ticket or book separate?)
Fiji, Maldives, French Polynesia or Langkawi.  Any Suggestions? (its for my honeymoon, i would like to get a overwater bungalow)

I'm open to any suggestions, Thanks!

Offline leibima

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
I have only been to French Polynesia from any of those places, but it is magnificent. If you want an overwater bungalow, try staying in Tahiti or Moorea (which I have posted before as being on par with Bora Bora just quieter) since they will be cheaper than on Bora Bora.

Enjoy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
If you want an overwater bungalow, try staying in Tahiti or Moorea (which I have posted before as being on par with Bora Bora just quieter) since they will be cheaper than on Bora Bora.
You can post that from today till tomorrow, but since you haven't been to BOB (nor has anyone else on this forum AFAIK) it's pretty much meaningless...

I for one couldn't bring myself to go to PPT and be so close to BOB (considered by some to be the most beautiful place in the world) and not make it there.

Offline leibima

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:05 PM »
You can post that from today till tomorrow, but since you haven't been to BOB (nor has anyone else on this forum AFAIK) it's pretty much meaningless...

I for one couldn't bring myself to go to PPT and be so close to BOB (considered by some to be the most beautiful place in the world) and not make it there.

That's why I put that quote in parenthesis. My post was to help in deciding if his priority is OWB. I still stand by it that if he is budgeting (which can't be much since nothing is cheap there) then he should look into Papeete or Moorea rather than Bora Bora.

I still would love to hear from someone that has been to both Moorea and Bora Bora!!

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »

I still would love to hear from someone that has been to both Moorea and Bora Bora!!
Dan,
You can try both and write it off as a business expense  ;D

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 04:50:27 AM »
I have found these flights, is it backwards to go through London?

2/5 CO9690 (Virgin) JFK-LHR  10:25pm-10:30am  Biz
2/6 VS200   (Virgin) LHR-SYD  9:25pm- 7:20am   Biz

2/22 VS201   (Virgin) SYD-LHR 3:45pm-4:50am   Biz
2/23 CO9689 (Virgin) LHR-JFK  4:50pm-8:00pm   Biz

If i tally up flights according to what it says per each its quite alot. If im not mistaken dont i look how much a flight from JFK-SYD is and its that? (67,500)

I want to got to one of the following for a week (can i do it on same *A ticket or book separate?)
Fiji, Maldives, French Polynesia or Langkawi.  Any Suggestions? (its for my honeymoon, i would like to get a overwater bungalow)

I'm open to any suggestions, Thanks!
Going through London isn't backwards, its just a very long way. Although, they do say Upper Class is up there with the best.
This is a bit shorter,
Outbound:
Sun 2/6, UA027 JFK-LAX, 15:10-18:43, Business
Sun 2/6, TG795 LAX-BKK, 21:30-6:30+2, Business
Tue 2/8, TG471 BKK-SYD, 7:45-21:05, Business

The required mileage is the same whichever way you go, CO is nice enough to give the choice (something I hope stays through the merger...).

If you decide to go to Fiji or French Polynesia, youll definitely need a another ticket. Keep in mind they are both in the same zone so the mileage will be the same.

Maldives can be done on the same ticket (I think), you'd go SYD-SIN-MLE(stopover)-DXB-(Europe)-JFK, obviously subject to availability.

Langkawi doesn't have any *A flights. But you could route back via SIN with a stopover there and take a cheap AirAsia flight to LGK. Again subject to availability.

Help this helps putting some things into perspective.

If any of the info is wrong, please post.

Offline Smirk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »

Maldives can be done on the same ticket (I think), you'd go SYD-SIN-MLE(stopover)-DXB-(Europe)-JFK, obviously subject to availability.

Im not finding any availability on ANA (the last week of the trip). would it make any sense to search on the actual airline that would fly that route?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »
Melbourne- Nothing much to do there however Penguin Island is very nice. Make sure to stop off at the wildlife park on your way to the penguins (Dont know where it is on the island but the information centre as soon as you arrive will have the details.)
You can buy cheap Uggs in Melb

Sydney- Darling Harbour and Circular Quay are nice. Centrepoint/AMP tower. Harbour bridge climb is aparently amazing. When you eat at Katzy's you have to try their poppyseed salad dressing and their sticky date pudding. YUM
Thanks!

Any other food/restaurant recommendations?
Also is their a list online of kosher food in supermarkets?  Like which cereals are kosher?

Bridge climb looks cool, but wow it's $$$$.  Can't imagine it could be worth it, but I'm sure those that have done it convince themselves it was.  I think I'll just walk accross the bridge and be yotzei.