Author Topic: IHG  (Read 126341 times)

Offline chaaarvy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: IHG
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
If the IHG account is in my wife's name, should I have a problem checking in to IHG Dead Sea without her? Thanks

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2019, 10:13:30 PM »
If the IHG account is in my wife's name, should I have a problem checking in to IHG Dead Sea without her? Thanks
Add your name to the reservation over the phone

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2019, 02:32:37 AM »
i registered for earn nights faster promotion. do these nights need to be booked with cash or they could be points and cash bookings?
(or just points  :P)
here are the terms

DISCOVER OUR BRANDS
Stay at 2 brands and get 16,800 bonus points.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG® brand hotels between 15 January 2019 and 30 April 2019 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts®, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation® properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance® Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.

This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG® reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline letav_aved

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:33 AM »
I am two nights away from getting Spire Status ... Need to stay before 2/28.
Anyone who is planning on staying at on IHG on cash and wants to add my Plat status to their reservation, please let me know...

Thanks

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2019, 10:26:26 PM »
What is the cheapest way to get into the Executive lounge at Tel Aviv David Intercontinental? I am Platinum. Should I use points, pay, etc. Thanks.

Offline Mutty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2019, 10:04:11 PM »
Need advice, if there is any. I just found out my free room and my wifes free room expired at the end of last month. I called a couple of times and they say theres nothing they can do. I just got a new free night, and my wife as well. I also got the bills for the $49 per card. I have 89000 miles and I believe my wife about the same. Should I cancel the cards (hopefully they''ll still give me the current free rooms), put our mileage into other accounts (like airline), or should I keep them? Any other way to get last years rooms back?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
i registered for earn nights faster promotion. do these nights need to be booked with cash or they could be points and cash bookings?
(or just points  :P)
here are the terms

DISCOVER OUR BRANDS
Stay at 2 brands and get 16,800 bonus points.

Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member at the required number of distinct IHG brand hotels between 15 January 2019 and 30 April 2019 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Kimpton, EVEN, avid, voco, Regent Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE hotels worldwide. Stays at Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Select and the Holiday Inn Club Vacation properties count as Stays at the Holiday Inn brand and Stays at InterContinental Alliance Resort properties count as Stays at the InterContinental brand.

This Offer is subject to the General Promotion Terms and standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Generally, c&p doesn't count for promos

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2019, 03:23:19 PM »
Need advice, if there is any. I just found out my free room and my wifes free room expired at the end of last month. I called a couple of times and they say theres nothing they can do. I just got a new free night, and my wife as well. I also got the bills for the $49 per card. I have 89000 miles and I believe my wife about the same. Should I cancel the cards (hopefully they''ll still give me the current free rooms), put our mileage into other accounts (like airline), or should I keep them? Any other way to get last years rooms back?
What is the cheapest way to get into the Executive lounge at Tel Aviv David Intercontinental? I am Platinum. Should I use points, pay, etc. Thanks.
No answer yet. Anybody?

Offline Azis Papa

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 27, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »
I have 2,000 IHG points that are expiring next month.  Is there any easy way to keep them alive?  I have no plans to travel in the next couple of months.

Offline letav_aved

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2019, 05:43:00 PM »
anyone booking a paid stay that wants to use my spire status for confimred upgrade, PM me

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »
intercontinental shows 11k CSR.  If I add my 2y/o daughter to search it doesn't allow me to select that room because it "exceeds capacity." Next room up is 15k. Can I book the smaller room and just ask for a crib when I get there?

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 28, 2019, 08:01:06 AM »
intercontinental shows 11k CSR.  If I add my 2y/o daughter to search it doesn't allow me to select that room because it "exceeds capacity." Next room up is 15k. Can I book the smaller room and just ask for a crib when I get there?
90% of the time, yes.
Call the hotel and ask.

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 28, 2019, 10:14:30 AM »
90% of the time, yes.
Call the hotel and ask.
thanks. you mean book and then call to add crib or call first to see if they would allow?

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2019, 05:57:01 AM »
thanks. you mean book and then call to add crib or call first to see if they would allow?
Call first.

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »
Never underestimate the usefulness of a genuine review/complaint regarding a past stay:
Here is their response:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your late night check-in experience at Hotel Monaco. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I am terribly sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations. I absolutely understand your disappointment and frustration as what you described is not the standard for our Hotel. It is never our intention for any of our guest to be frustrated with any of our services, especially one that should be as painless as check-in. Feedback such as this is a valuable tool for us to reevaluate how we train and onboard new team members. Trust that we will follow up with the team members involved to improve their guest communication.

I hope you and your family were able to enjoy your stay in Philadelphia despite this delayed check-in process.

I have deposited 50000 points in your IHG account in hopes that you’ll use them to come back to stay with us at this or another IHG property again in the future.

If there is anything that I can do for you in the future please let me know.

All my best,

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Never underestimate the usefulness of a genuine review/complaint regarding a past stay:
Here is their response:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your late night check-in experience at Hotel Monaco. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I am terribly sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations. I absolutely understand your disappointment and frustration as what you described is not the standard for our Hotel. It is never our intention for any of our guest to be frustrated with any of our services, especially one that should be as painless as check-in. Feedback such as this is a valuable tool for us to reevaluate how we train and onboard new team members. Trust that we will follow up with the team members involved to improve their guest communication.

I hope you and your family were able to enjoy your stay in Philadelphia despite this delayed check-in process.

I have deposited 50000 points in your IHG account in hopes that you’ll use them to come back to stay with us at this or another IHG property again in the future.

If there is anything that I can do for you in the future please let me know.

All my best,
what was your complaint?
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
That's pretty good. How much was the room rate? Hotels are terrified of TripAdvisor and Google reviews

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2019, 05:36:29 PM »
what was your complaint?

In short, check in process and getting a crib took way too long

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2019, 05:38:38 PM »
That's pretty good. How much was the room rate? Hotels are terrified of TripAdvisor and Google reviews

it was a grandfathered free night certificate probably;
I did not send the review through google or tripadvisor.  I sent an email to IHG guest relations

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
it was a grandfathered free night certificate probably;
I did not send the review through google or tripadvisor.  I sent an email to IHG guest relations
Hotels have what to fear from!  I have used this card, numerous times to my advantage when they were pretending not to care, after all it's the #1 place some1 would go to check before actually booking.

Most hotels have some one review every review and respond.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:55:34 PM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.